Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.thehansofoundation.org/ is back

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

smiles wrote:
    the black guy in the joop thing is the guy in the Mental Health section, yes?

Yeah, but theres no information on him or anything..just a picture. hmmm..
    I remember seeing a bearded black guy in the Orientation film.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Thats not an official site. It's a fansite.
    An actual LOST fansite or a fictional DriveShaft fansite?

They've got some stuff in there that I haven't seen anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

hey i just found something on there thats really weird. If you click on the press release on the right, it opens up a pdf document about some disruption to a service. I had a feeling that something was up as it was too vague. So I selected all the text "ctrl-a" and down the bottom there is a hidden link to a page with this string of numbers on it.

72 65 83 32 87 73 78 32 72 79 83 84 32 80 67 32 73 78 32 78 73 76 32 85 82 71 69 46 32 56 44 32 110 111 116 32 49 32 97 110 100 32 54 46

Here is the link on the pdf:

http://persephone.thehansofoundation.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

L31mr0d wrote:
    hey i just found something on there thats really weird. If you click on the press release on the right, it opens up a pdf document about some disruption to a service. I had a feeling that something was up as it was too vague. So I selected all the text "ctrl-a" and down the bottom there is a hidden link to a page with this string of numbers on it.

72 65 83 32 87 73 78 32 72 79 83 84 32 80 67 32 73 78 32 78 73 76 32 85 82 71 69 46 32 56 44 32 110 111 116 32 49 32 97 110 100 32 54 46

Here is the link on the pdf:

http://persephone.thehansofoundation.org/

yeah afaik the numbers translate to 'last log on may 1' but for some reason some of the letters have been swapped( very confusing i know) to provide an even further clue

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

From digging it looks like it translates like this:

Rotate 13 it , you get: wob hof efas si sirT 1 yaM gho.FRT ta bi goV
    reverse and you get: Vog ib at TRF.ohg May 1 Tris is safe foh bow

Swap the b and n , V with L and the h with r :

... but this makes no sense, i'm THF.org is the thehansofoundation, but what does it mean the login is safe right now. AFAIK nobody can log into the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

L31mr0d wrote:
    From digging it looks like it translates like this:

Rotate 13 it , you get: wob hof efas si sirT 1 yaM gho.FRT ta bi goV
    reverse and you get: Vog ib at TRF.ohg May 1 Tris is safe foh bow

Swap the b and n , V with L and the h with r :

yep that s it
    L31mr0d wrote:
    ..., but what does it mean the login is safe right now. AFAIK nobody can log into the site.

it means that the dharma site is existing within or under the hanso site undetected, even though hanso is acknowledging some parts of the site are corrupt someone has guaged that it is still safe to log in without hanso detection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

"login is safe for now"

maybe the login password is "safe"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

bah tryed it, didnt work for me.

This is getting quite teh interesting.

Okay, something has been puzzling me about this website.

If you go to the Mental health section, and in the section where it says:

"A society should not merely be measured by its brighest lights, but on how the brightest light the way for those who cannot shine for themselves"

Yet if you move your mouse over it the words:

"not merely be"
    "brightest lights, but"
    "brightest light the way for" (brigh does not appear to be a link)
    "shine for"

all appear to be links. And when you click on these, the "inquire today" box pops open. Significance anyone?
    It's An actual LOST fansite or a fictional DriveShaft fansite?

They've got some stuff in there that I haven't seen anywhere else.

Its a site which a fan created and used screencaps from the episodes. It's extremely welldone. Well thats what I was told anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

I tried "safe" as the login at the bottom of the page next to the RSS button, but no joy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

chamlis wrote:
    I tried "safe" as the login at the bottom of the page next to the RSS button, but no joy.
    what about "safe for now"
    or a derrivitive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Well, the exec bios page has changed. Clcik the date under Alvar Hanso's photo and it's shows he's last know whereabouts and also a close up of his now famous 'Building' photo. However, try to click it a second time and it restarted the website on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

It restarted the website aswell for me, i could hear the sound running twice as if it was opened in two windows. Did you get the map with persephone detailing the last known whereabouts of Alvar Hanso?

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    Well, the exec bios page has changed. Clcik the date under Alvar Hanso's photo and it's shows he's last know whereabouts and also a close up of his now famous 'Building' photo. However, try to click it a second time and it restarted the website on me!

That still wont work for me :|

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

That site so well done, I just love it. The Execs page thing is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

That still wont work for me :|

Click on the date under his pic in his profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

I can only see half of the pages, cos there's no scrollbar. It's really annoying. Is that happening to anyone else? I tried it on FF and IE.

failsafe wrote:
    Click on the date under his pic in his profile.

There was no link for me yesterday, but its working now..

Anyone have any ideas about the mental health section

Fridge wrote:
    I can only see half of the pages, cos there's no scrollbar. It's really annoying. Is that happening to anyone else? I tried it on FF and IE.

Try right-clicking and selecting "show all".

EDIT: That'll also show you the login at the bottom.

Woa. Anyone notice that some of the text in the Mathematical Forcasting Initiative page at the top of the page is scrubbed out? It seems to be whenever they refer to that African Country, they block it out....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 244 ✭✭tails2

after you click on the date under alvar hanso, if you click everything else that comes up... like the places he has been and then when persephone starts to talk, if when the writing comes up and the girl starts saying where is alvar etc. if you dont click the screen and let it keep running, the screen goes black and a green dot comes up and you can hear morse code(well that what i assume it is) and the green dot flashes according to the morse code... damn if i only knew morse code. does anyone here know morse code????
    using this link http://morsecode.scphillips.com/jtranslator.html to translate morse code i got a few different things cos i aint too sure what the morse code exatly is.

so either

....- ..-.. --. which equals 4*G

or this

... .- ..-.. --- which equals SA*O

or

... .- ..--. --- which equals SA*O

im sure someone better at listening can get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

i trtanslated IEFEG

from .. . .- ..-. . --.

or i got SAFEG from ... .- ..-. . --.

hmm, safe? safeg?

Supposedly it actually means

Safer.

check out information here

Actually, I got that wrong, my mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

the mittlewek (spelt right) ex bios page is now acting funnie

holy krap stay on the page for a few min the the clock turns to obey with a link too http://www.sublymonal.com/

the code to log into the Doctors page is Heir Apparent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KC81

I dont like the whole lost experience thing. It just involves more time obsessing over lost which cannot be healthy. Its bad enough waiting till lost airs. Its making it much harder to forget about lost when its not on! :eek:

interesting

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    For the novel by Vivian Vande Velde, see Heir Apparent (book)

The term heir apparent is most often used to refer to someone who is first in the order of succession to a throne and who cannot lose this status by the birth of any other person. It is also used less formally to indicate someone who is an apparent successor to a non-royal position of power, e.g., a political or corporate leader.

magick wrote:
    the mittlewek (spelt right) ex bios page is now acting funnie

holy krap stay on the page for a few min the the clock turns to obey with a link too http://www.sublymonal.com/

the code to log into the Doctors page is Heir Apparent

Which doctors page?

Dr Thomas Werner Mittelwerk's page

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

For thos who haven't already looked.

The page mentioned by boneyarsebogman has the full list of actions to carry out on the site :

http://www.thelostexperience.com/

• Advertisement

Did anyone find the sublymonal thing weird?

Why is LYMON in capital letters?

Advertisement