Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.thehansofoundation.org/ is back

Options
  • 02-05-2006 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭

the very slick new hanso site up and running http://www.thehansofoundation.org/ anyone notice the photo of Hanso. dated 2005, its the same pic of him in orientation vid, 1980 ??? eeeeek

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Oh, there's so much interesting stuff there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Very interesting indeed......

ps: the login is not the numbers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Classy looking, like an iPod ad or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

There was an advert for the Hanso Foundation with a phone number during the break of channel 4 premiere ep of s2 tonight - (0044)800 666640
    ring it u get:
    It takes you through to a Hanso Foundation cal centre with five options

#1 - General Enquiries
    #2 - Alvar Hanso
    #3 - Thomas Verner Milverq
    #4 - Hugh McIntyre
    #5 - Peter Thompson

All the numbers start with a bit of Geronimo Jackson, I think in Danish but it mentions the new album - Magna Carta

Alvar Hanso's number has an advert for Monster.Com and then goes through to his Verizon voice mail - There seems to be a message asking "What have you done to him"

The other numbers are simlar - they mention the following -

An ofshore project
    Jute the Orangutang
    The need to accelerate the remote viewing project and to put on a public face
    Darla (?) is in Sri Lanka
    There is a Korean Offshore Project
    Paik Heavy Industries are part of Widmore / Hanso

So that's what the "ring the call centre during the television ad" message was about...

Hold on, I'm in the UK, I'll ring it!

/edit: I changed my mind when it told me I'd be charged for it. ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

lol when I try and sign up to the newsletter, it does something weird O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Holy crap the joop webcam is scary, watch it for 5 mins and see

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

I just saw the ad, it says calls are free from BT landlines and all UK mobiles

Wait, what is that site? Am i missing something startling or amazing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

what a strange site indeed. on the newsletter part, it tells you to call the number for the password.... i think.

what/who the hell is persephone??

hmm, just googled it:

Persephone is the goddess of the underworld in Greek mythology

• Advertisement

call the number for the password.... i
    pass word is "breaking strain" this all part of the big online game for the summer,THE LOST EXPERIENCE

hanso press release via chan 4 :

HANSO FOUNDATION RE-LAUNCHES WEBSITE ACCOMPANIED BY A NEW AD CAMPAIGN “REACHING OUT FOR A BETTER TOMORROW”

ADVERTISEMENTS BEGIN AIRING INTERNATIONALLY MAY 2nd ON THE UNITED KINGDOM'S CHANNEL 4 NETWORK

(May 2, 2006) The Hanso Foundation, a world-leader in social and scientific research, announced today that it will re-launch its website (www.thehansofoundation.org) and debut a new ad campaign “Reaching Out for a Better Tomorrow” Tuesday, May 2nd, on United Kingdom’s Channel 4 Network. .

The Hanso Foundation is committed to securing a brighter future for all humanity by fostering social and scientific programs designed to further the cause of human development. The advertisements will provide contact information for those interested in learning more about the passion, dedication and mission behind the Foundation.

“Our new website is a fresh, dynamic interactive setting that provides a comprehensive view of the work within the Hanso Foundation,” said Hugh McIntyre, Communications Director of the Hanso Foundation. “We are confident our work to solve some of the most pressing issues facing the human race will resonate with a significant proportion of the audience.”

Projects supported by the Hanso Foundation include: the Mathematical Forecasting Initiative, the Worldwide Wellness and Prevention Development Program, the Educational Outreach Imperative, the Electromagnetic Research Initiative, the Institute for Genomic Advancement, and the Life-Extension Project.

About the Hanso Foundation
    The Hanso Foundation stands at the vanguard of social and scientific research for the advancement of the human race. For forty years, the foundation has offered grants to worthy experiments designed to further the evolution of the human race and provide technological solutions to the most pressing problems of our time.

“From the dawn of our species, Man has been blessed with curiosity. Our most precious gift, without exception, is the desire to know more - to look beyond what is accepted as the truth and to imagine what is possible.” Alvar Hanso, Address to the U.N. Security Council, 1967
    Media Contact: Hugh McIntyre
    (206) 861-5017/Hugh.McIntyre@thehansofoundation.org

magick wrote:
    Holy crap the joop webcam is scary, watch it for 5 mins and see
    its a black man??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

yes..really cool site..

on another topic that i feel strongly about

THEY TOOK HIS SON

what/who the hell is persephone??

hmm, just googled it:

Persephone is the goddess of the underworld in Greek mythology

Oh my god, I thought that was just me! When it asked for my screen name, I put in Persephone56, because that's what I always use. Then it said "Hi Persephone56, it's me, Persephone" and I thought it was some weird glitch. Apparently not. It was inside my mind... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

I told Joop to get a job and it went mental!
    This is after typing in the password etc.
    there doesn't seem to be any messages in the html either

EDIT: Woa, if you right-click on the page and select show all there is a loggin at the bottom!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

where do you enter the password?

I swear that hairy farker gets angrier everytime.

Libby's on the board of directors!

Did everyone else read those 2 letters?

Do not read the spoiler if you haven't seen as far as 2x15!
    They said there was an outbreak of a new strain of meningitis. When Aaron was sick, he had all the symptoms of meningitis...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Jimboo_Jones

hummm must learn to read ALL the messages :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

missing text

COPENHAGEN, DENMARK, FRIDAY, 01/05/06 The Hanso Foundation is pleased to announce a significant breakthrough in population growth modeling.Beginning ten years ago, in partnership with the government of the developing African nation of Zambia, Hanso Foundation researchers provided a detailed schedule of population growth to country officials along with analyses of how a growing citizenry would affect national security, medical spending, agricultural output, employment rates, and other pertinent factors.The Hanso Foundation’s model has allowed More Soon to prosper in its growing population, with a 40% rise in GDP, a 20% drop in unemployment, and a significant reduction in preventable illness. The capital, Steevo, has become a significant center of commerce for the region, and urban planners have expanded major city centers while increasing standard of living.Potential applications for our new population model are as far-reaching as they are varied. The Hanso Foundation thanks its tireless mathematicians, as well as Hanso, for this great gift to humanity.
    from the send messaghe to joop section
    letter one
    http://timdorr.com/images/Lost/hansofoundation/Letter1.jpg

letter two
    http://timdorr.com/images/Lost/hansofoundation/Letter2.jpg
    also click pete thompsons name and get an extra clue

monkey man face
    http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8039/joophidden2iq.jpg

dot 4 on world map
    http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/8040/handoooo3vf.png

ape man s face thing again
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i19/QuinceTheCarpenter/The%20Experience/joop2.jpg

Oct. 28, 2001
    http://www.spaceweather.com/aurora/gallery_28oct01.html

The password that Persephone needs is
    'breaking strain'

Looks like there's two sets of new "numbers" for us:
    13 / 9 / 19 / 19 / 9 / 14 / 7 and 15 / 18 / 7 / 1 /14 / 19

the numbers read 'missing organs' they correspond to their alphabethical counterparts

On the board of directors there is a Liddy Wales. She is the only one without a picture and the info is password-protected.
    I think Liddy sounds an awful lot like Libby and to show her picture would give quite a lot away...

awesome site, BTW

Just a quick observation - the writer of the apology letter that can be viewed by clicking the blue bubbles in Joop's brain is one Peter Thompson. The name is even circled in red. So this Peter Thompson guy worked for the Global Health Organization, right? And for some reason the GHO dropped their threats toward the Hanso Foundation, right? Think that might be connected to the fact that the Hanso Foundation's vice president, general counsel, and secretary is none other than PETER THOMPSON?

Senritsu wrote:
    where do you enter the password?

on the newsletter sign up bit

sing in and password are listed above in my secrets bit

Under
    active projects -> mental health appeal -> inquire today -> tell us something about yourself

Did anyone find anything that you can type in to get a response?

Also, it seems like persephone has a lot more to tell us. Most likely something small after the US ep tonight but i'd say it'll become pretty intense over the summer especially just before the release of season 3.

failsafe wrote:
    Under

Also, it seems like persephone has a lot more to tell us. Most likely something small after the US ep tonight but i'd say it'll become pretty intense over the summer especially just before the release of season 3.

PHONE RINGING

WOMAN’S VOICE: Welcome to Verison’s voice messaging service.

WOMAN’S VOICE: The Hanso foundation is located at 544 Persand Klingbai (?) DK 1604…

STATIC

WOMAN’S VOICE: If you can hear me don’t listen to their lies. This is Persephone. I haven’t got much time, none us do. If you want to know the truth about the Hanso foundation, the real story is in the number. ………………. always snaps under the breaking strain. Use this password on their site… BREAKING STRAIN! They’re coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

also some other interesting official lost websites :

http://www.oceanic-air.com/

http://www.minnesotametallurgy.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

HOLY SH*T!!!

go to joops page, when asked to type in a message type in "attack" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

magick wrote:
    HOLY SH*T!!!

go to joops page, when asked to type in a message type in "attack" :eek:

that is fupped up

EDIT: its doing that with anything i type in there now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

That's mental. Looks like a brain breaking down. Is this the Sickness?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I think the most stunning thing about all of this, and this goes for the series in general, is how much information they can give away without ever telling you anything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

When i try to send joop a msg it says connection timeout

Advertisement