Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.thehansofoundation.org/ is back

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

They ran the ad on ABC during the new episode tonight too. 1-877-HANSORG.

It's been busy all night though. I presume it's the same as the C4 recordings. It can be dialled from skype btw if it starts working any time soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

If you go to http://www.oceanic-air.com/ and roll your mouse over the yellow box on the right, this message appears:
    survived a horrific plane crash and am stranded on an island somewhere Northeast of Australia and Southwest of Hawaii. In the event that I am never found, please forward word of my fate to my parents

I have finals on monday goddamit, why did they have to do this now!!

[Edit] Scratch that, www.oceanic-air.com isn't all that great, it's more of an advertisement than an interactive experience. If you look at the flight plan and click rows 4 8 15 16 23 then 42 it brings you to http://www.oceanicflight815.com/ which then links back to the hanso foundation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

That is an excellent website , its so well done out.

What the hell was that ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

WTF?
    The site just went mental on me. Like scribbles everywhere or something!

• Advertisement

Thats scary.

If you type in anything now into that, it brings you in straight away.. and a message appears saying

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/boneyarsebogman/message.jpg

Does it constantly timeout for anyone else or is it just my connection?

Go to joop's corner and type in either "I am worthy" or "breaking strain"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

I'll be playing this over the summer me thinks...should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭kinda lost

Ok maybe im thinking too much in to this one but look at the board of directors option,the only one with no picture is Liddy Wales.
    So what i was thinking was maybey its Libby and she changed her name like saywer did.Cause we dont know Libbys second name and have no back story of her!!Except for the hurly back story.

What yea think it could explain a few things??????????:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

That is a FRAKY site. What the hell is going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

That is a FRAKY site. What the hell is going on?How do you get into the board director thing? Does anyone know the login and the password? ..
    read the tread the password is there, no spoilers in this, its part of a new global online lost game they have made for us for the summer, read this from abc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

God, some people get a little *too* into stuff

http://www.watermarkcommunity2.org/files/student_breakingstrain.pdf

Care of a blog linked by bobbyc, a poem about "breaking strain" some possible clues. It seems to be about starting anew after doing bad things in a life.

I never was one for poetic analysis though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Am I the only one here who doesn't know what the Hanso Foundation has to do with Lost?
    Did I miss something?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yes. On the film they watched in the hatch, it refers to Alvar Hanso, founder of the Hanso Foundation. They work with DHARMA or something. I can't remember the exact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

ok, two wierd things:

1: I've logged into that newsletter bit. But they've now remembered my username i set up(jboyle4eva, obviously) and whenever I enter my username now it's says:
    No new messages
    bye, bye...

And then a freaky flash of Jupo comes up and it looks like he goes rabid or something.

2: Noticed this PDF document on the homepage.

OMG! Try sending joop a message now. You'll be surprised!

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    OMG! Try sending joop a message now. You'll be surprised!

The same brain diagram and 2 letters are coming up :confused: Did you get something different?

I also noticed that if you sign up for the newsletter again and it remembers you, it says bye bye then the joop thing flashes on the screen and my mouse changes as if i can click it, but i can't....

deman wrote:

Thats not an official site. It's a fansite.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 tired of life?

chamlis wrote:
    I told Joop to get a job and it went mental!
    This is after typing in the password etc.

wats de password?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 tired of life?

besty wrote:
    WTF?
    The site just went mental on me. Like scribbles everywhere or something!

did that on me too it asked if i could read this
    and then it wouldnt let me reply

Anybody notice Dr Thomas Mittelwerk from anywhere? :p

Do you think they'll start this weird online game for Irish viewers too? They have a UK number, and they're doing it in Australia and the US but nothing for Ireland...

Anybody notice Dr Thomas Mittelwerk from anywhere? :p

Do you think they'll start this weird online game for Irish viewers too? They have a UK number, and they're doing it in Australia and the US but nothing for Ireland...

Well, we'll have to see on Monday night. Apparntley, 30 broadcasters of Lost throughout the worlld are taking part in the Lost Experience, so it may be likely to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    ok, two wierd things:

2: Noticed this PDF document on the homepage.

At the bottom of that, there's a quote from Alvar Hanso, basically saying "from the dawn of time, man has been blessed with curiousity."
    Zeke, anyone?

Sofaspud wrote:
    At the bottom of that, there's a quote from Alvar Hanso, basically saying "from the dawn of time, man has been blessed with curiousity."
    Zeke, anyone?

I would've thought everyone would have recognised that by now. :p

Anyway, I really hope RTE does do the Lost Experiance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

The one thing I'm still wondering about the Experience, if you're uncovering clues which involve the plot of the show, how is it a world-wide thing if different areas of the world are on different parts of the series?

Yeah. I'm still a bit uncertain on the whole 'Lost Experiance' too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

the black guy in the joop thing is the guy in the Mental Health section, yes?

Advertisement