Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Gear

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭coolcon

"its on fire.. run... just run!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

HungryJoey wrote:
    ARGHHH! !! I MISSed it ! And I was doing feck' all tonight. Was just dossing about. Arghhh :(
    likewise Battlefield 2 took up a lot of my afternoon damnit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Monday at 7PM according to RTÉ.
    BBC 1 or 2 because I cant find it on that site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I can't find it in digiguide, so it could be UKTV G2, if you have it, in several weeks time.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I just found it on a certain Bittorent site. I'll download it tomorrow and if anyone wants it send me a DVDR and an SAE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Wow, that was a good show to open the season with! The poor Koenigsegg, and hopefully we'll see the Veyron around the track soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

qz wrote:
    Wow, that was a good show to open the season with! The poor Koenigsegg, and hopefully we'll see the Veyron around the track soon.

Not a chance if VW see the video of what the Stig did to the Koenigsegg. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

bazz26 wrote:
    Not a chance if VW see the video of what the Stig did to the Koenigsegg. :D

Sure Koenigsegg didn't mind - their response, give it back to us we will modify the body and add a rear wing to aid with its tail happiness (the cause of the crash) and hand it back to TG for another run on the track! Excellent stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

Absolutly loved it, the first shot of them in the espace from the side had me near pissing myself. Fantastic. Will be good to see what the Koenigsegg can do with the new spoiler when they get it back to them. How much further can they go after the 2nd ccx and if they ever get a veyron? Can think of nothing that could compete...

Other highlights were top gear dog (expect to see that one in some unusual positions/places in the next few weeks.)

Nice to see a new reasonably priced car, they really do seem to be going wilder with it this time. Brilliant lets run school boy moment when the car wash caught fire, but I have to question how real that was. Those guys must absolutly love their jobs, must be a dream to work on the show.

bring on next week and lets hope they have more crazy drifting in the series. (hopefully get the D1 guys back!)

The Hamster driving around with a paper bag over this head in a bright pink Micra C+C was also good.

• Advertisement

I imagine they must pinch themselves some days when they consider what they could be doing for a crust.

Bastards! :mad:

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

what's the reasonably priced car this time, havent got the Beeb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

colm_mcm wrote:
    what's the reasonably priced car this time, havent got the Beeb
    Likewise...I'd like to know that too. I missed it.:o

Its a Daewooo er Chevolet Something Ordinary and Dull.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I was in bits laughing when they were booting up the road in the espace with the lad holding up the back reg plate in the air :D Classic start to the series.

what was the reasonably priced car though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Its the Chevrolet Lacetti saloon

The clutch went on it and it only had 26 miles on the clock.:eek:

Oh jaysus, bring back the Liana!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They then pointed out the bit in the manual about running it in, how you should not use full throttle for the first 500 miles :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Great start to the series. I was in bits when JC was at the side of the road with the Espace, he was crying with laughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Now don't forget about it this time lads. Thankfully I rembered 5 mins before its on.. Hence why I am typing this now :) Lets watch..

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Quality TV.

Only okay - I liked the drivetime stuff and the woman in green who was just by JC during the earlier studio discussion.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

That new Jaguar looked amazing, and the sound when he floored it was just savage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Vette z06...wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Duiske_Lad wrote:
    That new Jaguar looked amazing, and the sound when he floored it was just savage.

I saw one of them in Milltown the other day (Wednesday I think) on my way home from training, it's pretty good looking in convertible form anyway. The old coupe looks better IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

had to turn it off ntl's bbc2 is ****e quality these days... getting it now though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

It looks as if they may be moving away from the really silly stuff and just doing good auld car reports with some funny bits thrown in.

The convertible espace bit last week was a howl, beats anything I saw on the comedy channel in a long time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

I was in tears laughing at them doing the radio show, a complete shambles. I would have listened though! Oddly enough it showed how reliant people in the UK are on traffic reports, bar the I think 103.2 (correct me if I am wrong there, I have not my car radio in front of me.. the Ana Liva FM thing) here, it's pure crap around Dublin anyway, AA Roadwatch girls basically repeating themselves 'The Red Cow Roundabout is a mess from the Long Mile Road' .. Ya don't say..

How the **** long is a 'Long Mile' anyways!

I can't imagine Clarkson coming from work at the end of the day and complaining, his job would be very very high on the list of any petrol heads career.
    TK

Advertisement