Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Gear

Options
  • 01-05-2006 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭

It's back on Sunday the 7th of May on BBC2, cant wait!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Feckin' great news, can't wait :D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Good stuff!

*puts Top Gear into Sky Personal Planner*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The I think the first programme features the first open top people carrier (by force!)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is that the Renault Espace that Clarkson cut the rof off on his "Heaven and Hell" DVD?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yeah, looked like an espace on the ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Savage, the only time ever I have a TV programme in to my phone as a memo!
    Loe the way it is on on Summer Sun eves when you are just back from a nice drive!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Great news...

I always wonder how they produce the programme with such a high budget on the BBC. I think it gets sold around the world and this makes up some of the cost.

In the "Heaven and Hell" DVD Clarkson cuts the roof an Espace. Buys a brand new Perodua and smashes it up outside the dealership and much more!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Has anyone seen MPG on TG4. Its good for gettin used to the cupla focal and they actually drive decent cars like Aston's, M6s the likes.

Dunno what time its on though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

ninty9er wrote:
    Has anyone seen MPG on TG4. Its good for gettin used to the cupla focal and they actually drive decent cars like Aston's, M6s the likes.

Yes good programme although last week they made themselves look like idiots by doing a comparison between a Hyundai Getz a Nissan Micra and a Toyota Aygo which is a car not even in the same class as the other two models, they should have compared them with the Yaris.

• Advertisement

The Getz and Aygo are fairly close in price if you go for a proper spec Aygo (5 door Aura) at €13,700. at lot closer than the Yaris €16500 5dr entry price

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I hope they get a new format - watching it revently I thought it was getting a bit predictable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Tipsy Mac wrote:
    Great news...

I always wonder how they produce the programme with such a high budget on the BBC. I think it gets sold around the world and this makes up some of the cost.
    Not to mention the trillions they pay Clarkson from jumping ship to ITV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Might also be time to get rid of the Suzuki Liana! and get something new and better! and start a new board, only problem with that is all the old guest would be back on again for another go!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Thanks for the heads up. Its a very entertaining program, even the wife likes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

ninty9er wrote:

It was on Thursday at 8PM the first series is over now it was only on for four weeks and the show was half hour long, the cars where good but the reviews where crap.

Cunningly timed reminder bump :)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

I wonder what they're going to 'race' across Europe in this season. Clarkson will no doubt get the sports car and 'win' even if the others are on a rocket!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

I always seem to miss it ALWAYS :( so i have to get it by other means ... :D Feckin love this show/mags ever since i was a lil one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Good man Mike, otherwise I would've missed this. The series link is now in the planner and texts have been sent! :D

• Advertisement

Is MPG the programme where they chav up a Rover 400 or something similarly lame?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

No. It's like the old format TG where they just test drive cars for 30 minutes.

Most of the cars are either worth less than 15k new or right out of the average person's budget though.

I think I might have seen it a few weeks ago. reception on TG4 not the best though!

AGGHHHH Help!!

Top Gear is on and clashes with most of the Leinster match, any one know when the TG repeat is on?

I watch no TV all week and then the only shows I want to watch are together!

GGrrr!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Monday at 7PM according to RTÉ.

Savage, good excuse to get out of office fairly lively!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Well, that was good wasn't it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

ARGHHH! !! I MISSed it ! And I was doing feck' all tonight. Was just dossing about. Arghhh :(

I enjoyed the Soft top Espace esp round the Millbrook Bowl and I like the way they never identified James Hewitt (post spoken chap) in the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car celeb-fest.

Does anyone else notice how star-struck the wimmin in the audience look when they are within spiting distance of JC?

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

i liked when stig was really pushing it ant then crashed, and the car wash was just hilarious ''he wouldnt give me back my £3.50'' roflmao

Advertisement