Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Album Wonders?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Yep, the major labels are nothing but scum. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Oooh, I've got a good one!

Northern Uproar. Their debut album was a stonker, lots of great songs with shouty football hooligan choruses wrapped up in crashing guitars. Their second album died on its a$$ (I never managed to even hear it) and they disappeared. But for an all-too-brief moment, their star shone very brightly indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Nay Connor

Heh... Electric Six : Fire.
    Featuring the glorious "High Voltage" and "Gay Bar".

Pity, I liked them a lot...

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

One Hit Album Wonders:

Space - Spiders ...... excellent album

Shakespere's Sister- Hormonally Yours...... brillo

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

blastman wrote:
    Oooh, I've got a good one!

Northern Uproar. Their debut album was a stonker, lots of great songs with shouty football hooligan choruses wrapped up in crashing guitars. Their second album died on its a$$ (I never managed to even hear it) and they disappeared. But for an all-too-brief moment, their star shone very brightly indeed.

Living it Up was a good song, but the rest was rubbish. Anyway, I see your Northern Uproar and raise you Menswe@r - they were Gaydad before Gaydad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Manchegan

Anyway, I see your Northern Uproar and raise you Menswe@r

They can hardly be considered to have acheived success with an album now, to be honest.

"Their first single I'll Manage Somehow was a minor hit, and their second single Daydreamer peaked at number 14 in the UK charts... They released a second album Hay Tiempo! in 1998 - but it was only available in Japan."

So I'll see your clotheshorses and raise you a Ride. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

True, that was an absolutly brilliant album.

Thank you. Someone else has heard of them!

IMO Cotton Mather with Kontiki would be a valid entry too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Living it Up was a good song, but the rest was rubbish. Anyway, I see your Northern Uproar and raise you Menswe@r - they were Gaydad before Gaydad.
    You, sir, are quite plainly mad! :D

Advertisement