Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Movies on TV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭realgirl

The Castle RTE2 23:50 tonight
    Classic Aussie comedy, one of my favourites

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

The brilliant Elf is on Channel 4 tomorrow at 5.20pm : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

BBC1 in about half an hour!

The Matador (2005) Greg Kinnear and Pierce Brosnan as businessman and assassin who can each other a favour in black comedy. Saw this a couple of years ago and was pleasantly surprised by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

2 ones for tonight and Thursday:

The Snapper, tonight, TV3 at 9pm.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Thursday, Channel4 at 11.40pm

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Nothing recommended for today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Lord of the Rings is on Channel 4, or +1 soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

Jurassic Park ITV2 at half 6

For those who missed Escape to Victory today its been shown again Thursday at 7.40 on itv4. Absolutely love this film along with the Great Escape. Love the little harmonious bit of music when Pele scores that unreal goal

• Registered Users Posts: 85,079 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Nothing recommended for today?

The Social Network is on RTE 2 tonight

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Social Network is on RTE 2 tonight

There is just no way of getting away from Facebook :D.....not even on Christmas day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oldboy is on Film4 later tonight.

Great Christmas flick for the whole family! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,079 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Girl Who Played With Fire on RTE 2 at 11.15pm tonight

Airplane Channel 4 at a crazy hour, 1 am or something.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

BBC 1 this afternoon from about 3pm. Enchanted followed by How To Train Your Dragon.
    Great Stephen's Day family viewing. Both suitable for kiddies but quite entertaining for grown ups too, especially How To Train Your Dragon, one of the best animated films in recent years, in my opinion anyway :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

How To Train Your Dragon is excellent. Good few adult laughs and all-round good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Seven starting in 2 minutes on Sky Movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

^
    I have it on DVD, why do some people say it scary! , I found that a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

This must be Triple Bill Day:

BBC2 has three classic Hitchcock films on, back-to-back:
    11:05 The Lady Vanishes (which I haven't seen)
    12:40 The 39 Steps: the first of many versions of the John Buchan novel, about a tourist trying to clear his name, after being falsely accused of a murder. (Sounds like The Fugitive, doesn't it?)
    14:05 Notorious: haven't seen it either.

Then Film4 is showing the first three Mission Impossible films, at 16:25, 18:35, and 21:00.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

All on Sunday.

Blade Runner (Sunday BBC2)
    Moon (Sunday BBC2)
    Victor Victoria (BBC 4)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Evil Dead 2 is on film4 tonight.

22:45 i think.

• Advertisement

Andrea Arnold's version of Wuthering Heights is on channel 4 at 23:10.

Not sure I'm actually recommending this one, but I'd be interested to see what other people think of it. I only read the book a few years ago and was surprised at how dark it was. It's nothing at all like the epic romance it's made out to be by the previous films I've seen.

This one is far more in keeping with the dark and kind of disturbing tone of the novel but I think they maybe went a bit too far in that direction. I found it very difficult to watch and was almost upset when it was finished because I hated it so much. After digesting it a bit I kind of thought maybe it wasn't so bad, but I'm not sure, it's quite hard to watch, because of the way it's shot but also because I think they were trying to make it disturbing.

If anyone watched I'd be interested to hear your thoughts in the "what I've recently watched..." thread, especially if you've read the book.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Pixar's best to date (for my money) has to be The Incredibles on BBC3 tomorrow. A rip roaring action adventure that's a treat for both adults and kids alike. It also works as an hommage to Bond films and the ultimate superhero family unit; The Fantastic Four.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A brilliant si-fi double bill on BBC2 tonight, starting at 10 with Moon then Blade Runner directly after.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Loads of films on tonight

I love You Man 9 p.m on RTE2
    2012 9.30 p.m RTE 1
    Top Gun 00.30 a.m RTE 1
    Scarface 1.00 a.m RTE 2
    Lethal Weapon 4 00.00 a.m Watch
    Higher Learning 1.35 a.m Sony Movies

Dangerous Days the making of Blade Runner follows the film.

The Secret of Kells is on RTÉ2 this evening at 18:30. Absolutely stunning animation in it. It's just simple 2D stuff but the colours and some of the sequences in it are just amazing.
    Fair warning though, the vikings are quite scary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

The Secret of Kells is on RTÉ2 this evening at 18:30. Absolutely stunning animation in it. It's just simple 2D stuff but the colours and some of the sequences in it are just amazing.
    Fair warning though, the vikings are quite scary!

Just finished watching that and I'm absolutely blown away by it. I had only seen/heard of it in passing around the time it came out so never bothered to watch it. Thought the artwork was stunning, the music was excellent and the story was great. I hope it becomes a regularly repeated movie at christmas/paddy's day or whenever because I'll watch it every time. Fantastic stuff.

Just finished watching that and I'm absolutely blown away by it. I had only seen/heard of it in passing around the time it came out so never bothered to watch it. Thought the artwork was stunning, the music was excellent and the story was great. I hope it becomes a regularly repeated movie at christmas/paddy's day or whenever because I'll watch it every time. Fantastic stuff.

It's fantastic, isn't it. The first time I saw it I had no idea what the story was when it was finished, I was paying so much attention to the visuals. The team behind it are working on a new one called "Song Of The Sea". It's been in the works for a few years now but it seems to be finally in the production stages with an April 2014 release date scheduled. Can't wait.

http://youtu.be/Y2aDh05nqMI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Kick-Ass is on RTE2 at 22.30

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Dragon heart utv 09.25 (sean connery voices the dragon)

3 men and a little lady bbc1 10.35

Kangaroo jack tv3 15.45

Up bbc1 18.30 (cartoon)

Newest robin hood ch4 21.00 (russel crowe)

gran torino tv3 21.00 (clint eastwood)

Advertisement