Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumping GF

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

Like it or not,that girl is pregant with YOUR CHILD. In a few months time you are going to have a son or daughter. Stop thinking about it as just an inconvenience and help out the soon to be mother of your first kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Sharza-

OP, I would seriously rethink what you are doing, and by that I dont necsisarily mean go back to her. Ask yourself the question, is it possible somebody else got her pregnant if you were practising "safe sex".
    daiixi wrote:
    I have a friend who fell pregnant while using condoms and being on the pill to the same guy.. twice.. there are statistics for a reason.

Dumping your gf because she falls pregnant? She deserves better than you.

OT but, twice? Once would even be enough to raise my susipicions, but twice? I think there is a greater posibility that your friends may actually fall into a difirent statistic, and that is paternity fraud.

I have had personally, 2 instances with women who had boyfriends at the time, that ensured me that if they did become pregnant from me that they would say it was their boyfriends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Sharza- wrote:
    OT but, twice? Once would even be enough to raise my susipicions, but twice? I think there is a greater posibility that your friends may actually fall into a difirent statistic, and that is paternity fraud.

Yes, twice. She's been checked out by doctors and is pretty much fertile most of the time. It's medically proven and they're both happy with the diagnosis they've received. She's now using other forms of birth control and they seem to be working.

On the other hand I've friends who have never used protection and have never fallen pregnant and medically there's no reason why they aren't falling pregnant.

Typically it's the one's who can't fall pregnant who want to have kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Talliesin wrote:
    Some people really do think the pill is 100% effective.

Some men really do think the world is full of women trying to get pregnant to "trap" men.

He could just be thick, and not a troll.

Still pretty contemptible though.

Because he's a contemptible excuse for a human being.
    Sounds like one of the worlds biggest **** ever (should he not be a troll). I've no doubt that he felt because he is 17 and therefore so mature he had every right to have sex, showing your maturity now aren't you:rolleyes: To be honest it sounds like she is better off without this gob****e. It will be terribly difficult for her to cope with this on her own but hopefuly her family will be supportive and she will learn from this exactly how pathetic some men can be and stay well clear in future. I also hope that this bloke doesn't pressurise her into having an abortion. If she decides that that is her only option then it is entirely her personal choice but from the sound of things he won't be very supportive for her or help her deal with the aftermath of that either. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Well that's it she's pregnant and you got her pregnant and your youth is over.

Don't dump her. It is tough but you need to get some sort of relationship with that kid if you know it is yours. In the long run you will hate yourself if you abandon this kid, even if you were the most selfish guy in the world it would be a big mistake.

Don't be emotional, don't be a sap. Don't tell people you are dumping her because she fell pregnant. Be cool and clearheaded and cynical.

You need:
    1] to get a relationship with your kid
    2] to make sure that kid has a relationship with your family
    3] to make sure that this girl isn't hounding you for money while you are in . __ college/doing an apprenticeship.
    4] to earn the money that you need to provide for a kid fairly young

You are going to have to work your ass off from now on. Figure out what you want to do and can do (pick ONE thing) and work for it. Go to college or do an apprenticeship make sure you are earning young.

By the way you can't say she was lying to you. Young girls have erratic periods and the pill doesn't work as well for them.

MM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

DaveyC wrote:
    Her problem now, i really do not see why people are so against me including my so called mates

Are you aware that you can (and quite likely will) be compelled to pay maintenance?

And, from what you've been writing, that's probably about all you should have to do with the child.

Also, if you were together two months, it was a little foolish not to be using condoms.
    MrMc wrote:
    Buddy...I do have a gf but she knows the score....if she ever gets pregnant we're on the first plane to england to visit a clinic.

Erm... lovely. She would, of course, be well within her rights not to comply.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

OP - understandably you're freaked out by what's happened and are probably confused as to what to do, but "dumping" her at this time was extremely insensitive and selfish. If you think you're freaked out, she's probably 100 times worse.

Now I'm presuming both of you are quite young and if so then I highly doubt she's gone and gotten pregnant on purpose as a form of trapping you into staying with her, so you can scratch off that conspiracy right there.

As was said already, take some time and think about it.

There is always the option of giving it up for adoption, there's thousands of couples out there, unable to conceive, who would be amazing parents to the child. It would also let you get on with your life, you're still young and to have this happen at such a young age is going to change both your lives dramatically if you decide to keep it.

Abortion is another option, I'm sure you're aware of the details of it.

You need to get both your and your (ex)girlfriends families together and sit down and talk about this, this won't go away just by "dumping" her.

There are options out there which you all need to seriously consider.

Take some time and think about it, then sit down and talk about it because as I've already said, this isn't going to magically disappear any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

What kind of 17year old girl would get pregnant to "trap" a man?! Sorry...little boy!!! Cos thats how your acting-its shocking that someone coluld be so insensitive... imo peoplwe like you dont deserve to have anybody!!!
    So can we safely assume shes ACTUALLY 17??? cos if shes younger uv got a statutory case on your hands...so YOUR child is the least of your worries!!!
    Noones expecting you to MARRY the girl but you could atleast show some fcuking respect and BRE THERE for your kid!!!

Ok, I've read enough of this crap.

Here's what you must do. GET RID!! PRONTO!

Stay WELL clear of her. That's the typical syte a nutcase bird will dump on your shoulders. It's a serious head-f**K, it might be some kind of test she's doing on you, to see how much she can get away with down the long run.

It's probably not even your kid, don't go near her and let her claim for the kid off the social. It's not like she'll be the first bird in this situation, so don't feel bad. You don't need be waisting your money and time on a kid. You could easily have a NEW VW Golf for same cost as feeding a baby for the year. She can do all the raising of the kid on her own, the kid will turn out grand. Birds get loads off the social. I'm just saying this so you don't feel bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,261 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Shellie13 banned for [strike]speeling mistakes[/strike] abuse.

• Advertisement

Who's banned?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement