Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumping GF

Options
  • 31-03-2006 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Guys, Basically i don't really know how to put this, am new to this forum. My Gf got pregnant and informed me last week. NOw she has always told me that she was on the pill. Naturally i dumped her when i told her. Now all my mates are giving me a hard time. I was just wondering what i should do to make them see my point of view.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

you wont make them see your point of view, they're right to give you a hard time, you're an insensitive prick. she probably was on the pill, i doubt she ever wanted to, or planned on being pregnant. you just acted like an asshole. its partly you're fault too, were you not using condoms??
    if you think you're mature enough to be having sex you should be dealing with the consequences too, not dumping your GF and running away.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elliebn

I'm not sure from your post if you think your girlfriend somehow tricked you into getting her pregnant. It is still possible to get pregnant while on the pill.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

DaveyC wrote:
    Guys, Basically i don't really know how to put this, am new to this forum. My Gf got pregnant and informed me last week. NOw she has always told me that she was on the pill. Naturally i dumped her when i told her. Now all my mates are giving me a hard time. I was just wondering what i should do to make them see my point of view.
    You're an idiot. They won't see your point of view because you're lazy and selfish. You slept with her, deal with it instead of running away.
    The pill is not 100% effective. Contraception is not only her responsibility, it's yours as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Tim06

what should you do to make them see your point of view? maybe hold a gun to their head. Unbelieveable i cannot believe you had the cheek to post that point of view here. How long were you with her btw? Not that it really matters, i hope she screws you with maintaince

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

DaveyC wrote:

Mate...I assume you made it clear from the start that you didn't want kids. If that was the case you're dead right to dump her. There's way too many women out there getting pregnant and trying to tie guys down.

Be strong and ignore what your mates are saying...its none of their business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

ye i think you came to the worng place looking for people to show you compassion. Your just another a$$hole who doesn't have the balls to take responibilty for what you did. The only good thing i can say if that at least you seem to have some friends you have morals, shame none of it rubbed off on you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

surely to god this is a troll?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

LundiMardi wrote:
    Yeah, hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭roughan

plastic surgery brazil ??

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭MonkeyWrench

No offence man but you are a dumbass. what an insensitive assh()le! it sounds like you did not even stop for one minute to think of how she feels about the whole thing and just dumped her at the drop of a hat. you need to stop blaming her for getting pregnant and take responsibility for your own actions and most importantly of all look ahead and plan how ye are going to take care of this baby..

• Advertisement

LundiMardi wrote:

No, i am serious. I am totally astonished that nobody can see my pov. She knew that i didn't want kids, so she told me she didn't like me wearing a condom & she would take the pill. Her problem now, i really do not see why people are so against me including my so called mates

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Seraphina wrote:
    ...you're an insensitive prick.... you just acted like an asshole. its partly you're fault too, were you not using condoms?
    Funny, in another thread you were all about not jumping to conclusions Seraphina, perhaps they never had sex and thats why he dumped her? <just throwing that out there>
    You wouldn't have a bias for girls now would you? :p

...how and ever, this is most likely a troll, so to the OP I say - you're a spanner, regardless.

jsb wrote:
    ye i think you came to the worng place looking for people to show you compassion. Your just another a$$hole who doesn't have the balls to take responibilty for what you did. The only good thing i can say if that at least you seem to have some friends you have morals, shame none of it rubbed off on you

First off...why is everyone giving this guy such a hard time....he's obviously got some shocking news and he's panicked and dumped his girlfriend.

we don't know anything about him...age, religious background etc .....maybe he's just scared and looking for some advice and instead everyone is giving him....then again maybe he is just another insensitive idiot.

So original poster...give us some more details (how long you going out, ages etc etc) before we can pass comment on you situation

Scifo wrote:
    First off...why is everyone giving this guy such a hard time....he's obviously got some shocking news and he's panicked and dumped his girlfriend.

we don't know anything about him...age, religious background etc .....maybe he's just scared and looking for some advice and instead everyone is giving him....then again maybe he is just another insensitive idiot.

So original poster...give us some more details (how long you going out, ages etc etc) before we can pass comment on you situation

i'm 17, dont really see what thats got to do with it. we were going out 2 months. i dont think that i have paniked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

DaveyC wrote:
    No, i am serious. I am totally astonished that nobody can see my pov. She knew that i didn't want kids, so she told me she didn't like me wearing a condom & she would take the pill. Her problem now, i really do not see why people are so against me including my so called mates

Nobody wants a Spanish inquisition! As in - reality check - not wanting something to have happened doesn't make it go away. Maybe you could persuade her to have an abortion or something but if she's against it, there's nothing you can do. If you were that anti-children, you should have remained celibate or had a vasectomy tbh.

Scifo wrote:
    maybe he's just scared and looking for some advice and

as he has stated he is only looking for advise on how to convince people that dumping his girlfriend was the correct thing to do. He hasn't mentioned anything about having panicked and looking for advice about what he should do to be a father to the child he will have even if he isn't in a relation ship with her. In fact all he had to say was
    DAVEYC wrote:
    Her problem now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Buddy it is possible that your gf set out to trap you by getting pregnant.
    I'd look into it. One should always be a little suspicious of women.

Scifo wrote:

if you're soo quick to support his decision why not post under your actual boards name?:rolleyes:

OP - You aren't the brightest star in the sky by any means, the pill is not 100% effective, i believe even you would know that, so why are you soo surprised?

To be honest, i recommend having nothing to do with the child (other than monetary contributions). The child will be better off without someone like you as their father.

MrMc wrote:
    Mate...I assume you made it clear from the start that you didn't want kids. If that was the case you're dead right to dump her. There's way too many women out there getting pregnant and trying to tie guys down.

Be strong and ignore what your mates are saying...its none of their business.

Some good advice there MrMc. I hope you don't have a gf or god help her if you do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

chump wrote:
    Buddy it is possible that your gf set out to trap you by getting pregnant.
    I'd look into it. One should always be a little suspicious of women.

Evil, I tells you they are. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There is a strong possibility that you can get pregnant on the pill, if you do not take it according to the instructions.

Yes you panicked, but you really have also acted in terrible fashion. Talk to her. Find out if this was intentional or a genuine accident, before you make any more crass decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭White Rabbit

DaveyC wrote:
    Her problem now, i really do not see why people are so against me including my so called mates

Her problem? :p The support payments for the next 18-19 years are your problem.

Scifo wrote:
    he's obviously got some shocking news and he's panicked and dumped his girlfriend.

This is true. His original post was just over 4 lines, we are missing most of the story here. He is most likely feeling cheated right now, he had explained to her that he doesn't want to have children. I can understand the reaction even if it a nasty thing to do.
    Scifo wrote:

Scifo is right again, more info is needed here. how old are you both?
    I don't mean this to sound patronizing, but has she taken a proper test to confirm the pregnancy? The reason why your friends are reacting like this is because they can see how badly you are treating this girl.

Haven't you thought that she is also finding this hard to accept? and now her boyfriend has done a runner. If she is fact, definitely pregnant, I think you should re-open the lines of communication before you lose your friends, girlfriend and this baby.

Fear can make you do crazy things, but it is for the best if you start to process all of this in your head and start thinking rationally.

Her problem? :p The support payments for the next 18-19 years are your problem.
    persactly, OP - you're in for a rude awakening.. heh heh. You'll only be earning 50% of your salary from now on;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,261 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Seraphina wrote:
    you wont make them see your point of view, they're right to give you a hard time, you're an insensitive prick. she probably was on the pill, i doubt she ever wanted to, or planned on being pregnant. you just acted like an asshole. its partly you're fault too, were you not using condoms??
    if you think you're mature enough to be having sex you should be dealing with the consequences too, not dumping your GF and running away.
    Harsh but true.

Mod Warning: Put the keyboard down and stand away from the bandwagon.

OP as you are just 17 what have your parents said about it, do they agree that you have run out on the mother of their grand child or have you not told them yet

DaveyC wrote:
    i'm 17, dont really see what thats got to do with it. we were going out 2 months. i dont think that i have paniked.

I dont want to sound patronising now but have you talked to an adult about it? I think that you really should. You probably feel your world has caved in at the moment & are just angry and upset.

LundiMardi wrote:
    persactly, OP - you're in for a rude awakening.. heh heh. You'll only be earning 50% of your salary from now on;)

What are you two at! the guy is obviously scared out of his wits, and finding this all hard enough to deal with. He hasn't even reached step one yet, and you are smother him with this stuff.

I have children myself. The father reacted badly to it (although it was he who suggested the family start in the first place) but when our first son was born he was overwhelmed by love for him. Not only that, but he would happily give the boy anything he had. We now have a second son, and he is smitten with them both. Both of your comments are extremely unhelpful to the OP at this particular time. Come on lads, leave the jokes aside for now.

Tim06 wrote:
    Some good advice there MrMc. I hope you don't have a gf or god help her if you do

Buddy...I do have a gf but she knows the score....if she ever gets pregnant we're on the first plane to england to visit a clinic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Dude seriously, I know youve only been going out for 2 months and you feel like its not your problem but if you were so worried about it in the first place you would have worn a condom or looked into facts about the pill.I know it sucks major testcles, the situation your in but its as much your responcibility as hers.It takes two people ya know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement