Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betfair Explained

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

zuutroy wrote:
    Anyone know any (free) software that stores in-play odds to a database for analysis? I'm trying to gauge the effect of certain situations on the markets.

It may not be exactly what you are after, but betfair store the prices that were matched on events here: http://data.betfair.com/

I haven't checked in a while, but I'm fairly sure they include IR

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Is there somewhere on the site that lists all events currently in-play, instead of the small selection that appears on the right of the sports home page?

zuutroy wrote:
    Is there somewhere on the site that lists all events currently in-play, instead of the small selection that appears on the right of the sports home page?

Is that small section not the full list? I thought it was.

nope I dont think so....at the moment its got Tiger Woods' score on every hole filling it up, and I know there is stuff in play thats not there.

Ok, click on the 'extras' tab, then click on 'tv listings' (only events shown on tv go in play)

This does not list every single market for each event, but it does show the markets that have IP betting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭TOm Kelly

Just to point out that there is a new version of Betfair Direct - I installed it and find it excellent ... one click facility with pre-defined stakes ... and you can have up to 8 markets open in the same window ... very good - only froze once in two days which seems to be a big improvement judging by comments on BF forum - 2 minutes to set it up.

I mentioned this already on another thread, but I suppose it deserves a mention here.

http://betting.betfair.com/

Betfair have launched a (free) site dedicated to betting stories, strategies, reviews etc. There's quite a bit up already. There is also an Irish version coming on stream soon (which I'm involved in). It will be similar to the above site, but it will also include a lot more domestic stories and news. The UK site is up and running though, and already has plenty to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭raheny red

wb wrote:
    I mentioned this already on another thread, but I suppose it deserves a mention here.

http://betting.betfair.com/

Betfair have launched a (free) site dedicated to betting stories, strategies, reviews etc. There's quite a bit up already. There is also an Irish version coming on stream soon (which I'm involved in). It will be similar to the above site, but it will also include a lot more domestic stories and news. The UK site is up and running though, and already has plenty to read.

Will Irish football be involved? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭raheny red

masterK wrote:
    Nice write wbailey, I'm sure it will be very helpful to a lot of people.

Incidentally there is a site called http://www.playbetfair.com/ which as it's name suggests you can make bets with play money, it's good for those new to betfair.

I just registered on this site just to get use to the 'real' thing first. There doesn't seem to be any links to any markets?

raheny red wrote:
    Will Irish football be involved? :)

As far as I know, it will be yep.

• Advertisement

raheny red wrote:
    I just registered on this site just to get use to the 'real' thing first. There doesn't seem to be any links to any markets?

They only have a couple of markets up to get a feel for things. On the left, there should be soccer and tennis markets up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

hi,

about dutching, i assume the book market has to be below 100%. what if theres a market and its 122% whats the strategy then? also does the bet angel software spot these markets with book values of less 100% and automatically back everything? i.e. automatic dutching?

cheers

Jon

jon1981 wrote:
    hi,

about dutching, i assume the book market has to be below 100%. what if theres a market and its 122% whats the strategy then? also does the bet angel software spot these markets with book values of less 100% and automatically back everything? i.e. automatic dutching?

cheers

Jon

Hi Jon,

Dutching does not involve backing every horse. Dutching is simply backing more than one selection in a race and is different from backing all horses. Dutching involves working out your stakes to ensure you receive the same payout despite which of your horses wins. If none of your horses win, you lose your money.

I've wrote an explanation reclently HERE which may help.

If you wanted to back all selections in a race, you would need a less than 100% book to ensure profit. This is not known as dutching though. This is getting pretty rare though, and never lasts long. Yes, there are bots that can do it, but unless you are into it big time, it ain't really worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

wb wrote:
    Hi Jon,

Dutching does not involve backing every horse. Dutching is simply backing more than one selection in a race and is different from backing all horses. Dutching involves working out your stakes to ensure you receive the same payout despite which of your horses wins. If none of your horses win, you lose your money.

I've wrote an explanation reclently HERE which may help.

If you wanted to back all selections in a race, you would need a less than 100% book to ensure profit. This is not known as dutching though. This is getting pretty rare though, and never lasts long. Yes, there are bots that can do it, but unless you are into it big time, it ain't really worth it.

i was looking at it from the perspective of someone who wouldnt be well up on horses in the first place. i was thinking that if you could find enough races in a day with books values <=95% and you bet enough cash that you could make a few quid. But of course thats provding you can get all your bets matched at that price at that time using a bot.

from reading that article there is a lot more to dutching than i thought! :D thanks for the reply

Forget about BV<100% in horse races. It only rarely happens in medium liqiudity markets, and forget 95%. You rarely see anything (with any significant amout available) go below 98%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nadalbg

Hello people. I am new to the forum.
    I have one question about playbetfair. I won the last week competition and I wanted to receive the 50 pounds bonus into my Betfair account, but I dont know how. I wrote e-mails to betfair before 3 days and still not reply. I have a betfair account since 1 year. I dont know what is the problem.

nadalbg wrote:
    Hello people. I am new to the forum.
    I have one question about playbetfair. I won the last week competition and I wanted to receive the 50 pounds bonus into my Betfair account, but I dont know how. I wrote e-mails to betfair before 3 days and still not reply. I have a betfair account since 1 year. I dont know what is the problem.

Are you in Ireland? Try phoning them - 1800 944 000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nadalbg

wb wrote:
    Are you in Ireland? Try phoning them - 1800 944 000

Oh, no, I am in Bulgaria. I will wait a little more if they decide to answer my e-mails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mab

try www.wholesaleodds.com for an over round free ready reckoner for exchange users

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement