Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kunlee - Should he stay or should he go ?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Sizzler wrote:
    flopping his leaving cert

Does any one know how he got on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Delboy05

his high court case started yesterday on his appeal to stay here based on him having an irish born child....

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/ireland/2006/0406/755483680HM4CTNIGERIAN.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Delboy05 wrote:
    his high court case started yesterday on his appeal to stay here based on him having an irish born child....

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/ireland/2006/0406/755483680HM4CTNIGERIAN.html

What a surprise!

Now the last time I checked he isnt married and as Irish law is clearly against unmarried Fathers.....why change now ;).

I thought he was studying some form of engineering in college...so he couldnt have failed his LC or am I getting it wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭rkeane

He hasn't a chance of winning his appeal :D Basically the Minister for Justice can deport him on at least 4 points of the Immigration Act 99. The fact that he now has a kid will have no impact at all. The state has deported numerous individuals who have fathered children with Irish women, it has also deported several who also married the women. Kunle has been involved in several criminal events, he also now has a criminal record - this will assist the state greatly. I can't wait until he gets the boot from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

nuttz wrote:
    Maybe not!

This report from satireland.net states: “Olunkunle Elukanlo Spectacularly Fails Leaving Cert”

I was amused when I read the following:

” Off the record, teachers in the school expressed a distinct lack of surprise, with one noting that Olunkunle had virtually no English and another stating he also appeared "pretty thick".”

PMSL....good spot :-) It was pretty obvious that he did SHOITE, Trinners loss is Supervalu's gain :D

• Advertisement

zuma wrote:
    What a surprise!

Now the last time I checked he isnt married and as Irish law is clearly against unmarried Fathers.....why change now ;).

I thought he was studying some form of engineering in college...so he couldnt have failed his LC or am I getting it wrong?

He did fail, I think they let him in for the publicity ! And his 'expert' legal team (that we're paying for) decided it would be a human rights outrage if he was hoofed out of the country after being admitted to such a high profile educational institution as FAS Ballyfermot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 noanarchistfan

Whether Kunle is a 'dad' or not, it shouldn't get in the way of his asylum application being processed. If I go to Australia to apply for asylum there and have a child in the process, it doesn't necessarily mean that I'm entitled to asylum. My entitlement to asylum should mean that I am a genuine asylum seeker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

the whole parent of an irish born child thingy is a result of the GFA and that loophole has since been closed so the argument is a no dice

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

miju wrote:
    the whole parent of an irish born child thingy is a result of the GFA and that loophole has since been closed so the argument is a no dice

Whats GFA? Good Friday Agreement? If that is what you mean then you are incorrect.

The actual cases in question were "Osayande and Lobe" and the Chen case (although Chen less so) which were both sometime before the Citizenship Referendum. After it was shown that you wouldn't get rights to stay here based on a child in Ireland the asylum requests on that basis dropped right off the scale.

Nice long thread on the whole thing here...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=160726

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭New_Departure06

rkeane wrote:
    He hasn't a chance of winning his appeal :D Basically the Minister for Justice can deport him on at least 4 points of the Immigration Act 99. The fact that he now has a kid will have no impact at all. The state has deported numerous individuals who have fathered children with Irish women, it has also deported several who also married the women. Kunle has been involved in several criminal events, he also now has a criminal record - this will assist the state greatly. I can't wait until he gets the boot from Ireland.

Well from my reading of the Irish Daily Mail, the judge noted that here the mother was an Irish citizen, and that therefore deportation would result in separation as she couldn't be forced to go to Nigeria. Also during an exchange where the State said that the baby was a rabbit pulled out of a hat, the lawyer representing the child said something along the lines of 'I am not a rabbit but a citizen' to which the judge replied (roughly) "It took nine months for the rabbit to be pulled out of the hat. Make of that what you will. I want him deported lest others follow his example.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭TapouT

Make him history. Send him home & if that skank 'ho chic of his wants to follow, give her a kick in the arse and send her on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 noanarchistfan

I agree. Send him back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Far Corfe

Yeah i've really thought hard about this one.
    Send the bollix back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭rkeane

I think most of us are praying that this fecker is deported, if he isn't we may aswell do away with all our immigration rules and say feck it! It seems like an eternity that we have been chatting about Kunle - I want shot of him quick! I'd actually argue that he's in more danger being in Ireland than in Nigeria :)

Do you reckon hes taking his skanger moth to ante natal classes ? LOL

Talk about a waste of money !

I think I'll fly to the states next week and when I get there I'll claim asylum and tell them im in danger when I get back, the IRA might shoot me lol...thats about as plausible as Kunle's excuse ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement