Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2006 lineup is ...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Listen to "black Stacey" its brilliant,he is a really talented,.

I should probably check out more of his stuff,but what I heard was a bit inconsistent.I've been meaning to check out some of his albums though.
    thats the beauty of hip'hop,its so diverse

Oh I know. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭dohboy

Saul Williams is pretty spectacular live. Saw him a few months ago and it was one of the most powerful shows i've seen from an mc. inspirational without out being preachy, upbeat without being cheesy. great show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

Its a pity that AntipopConsortium have split up,they would fit right in to the Picnic..unless they get Beans...or Airborne Audio...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

DJ Shadow, Massive Attack, Coldcut, Gnarls Barkley and Saul Williams are the ones I'm most interested in.
    Sage Francis would be great for EP, better than Saul Williams from a Hip-Hop perspective. Add The Roots and I'd go.
    Right now though it's not worth it.

Sage Francis...
    The Roots...

that would make me ecstatic...
    and throw in Alias for good measure

• Advertisement

i've seen sage francis a couple of times and he's not that great.

I wouldn't mind seeing Edan, MF Doom, Madlib, and Kool Keith added.

sage francis a couple of times and he's not that great
    i do like him but Alias is definitely a better rapper..
    check out http://www.anticon.com/
    great artists like Alias,Dosh,Jel,Why?Passage,Themselves(doseone and jel)

I think the media section still has a lot of downloads...

I like some of anticon stuff, but it can be a bit too cerebral at times.They try to distance themselves for more up-beat hip-hop by being deliberatley obtuse, and it's gets a bit dull. They still produce some interesting artists, but 'interesting' more than 'exciting', imo. But i haven't heard anything off Anticon since the last cLOUDDEAD record so i could be wrong.

Check out Jel he's quite good.I can never keep track of any of the artists,they do so much collaborations,it gets confusing...

Notwist were rumoured for the Picnic,really great german band..

Anyone heard of Chelonis R Jones??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Damn sweet that Hot Chip are playing. I've been listening to the Warning a lot recently.

Give us Ladytron as well and I shall be beside myself.

• Advertisement

Anyone listened to T.Raumschmiere's new album--Blitzkrieg Pop?

Sexy-Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

I got my ticket soon as i heard DJ Shadow, the Rapture and Yeah Yeah Yeah's were on the bill. I've since been dissapointed with the laters new album though. Less excited now. Are soulwax definitely playin?

Advertisement