Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2006 lineup is ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

death cab would be fecking fantastic..i love them...
    and BrianD.. they let me in in my seicuento last year so i'm sure a fiesta will pass the test :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

GA were great live saw them at witness but at Dublin Castle not so Good. the older stuff is way better.
    I wish LCD SS were on again they were the absolute highlight for me last year......
    DOnt worry there will be some more good acts annouinced!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Digitalism, Erol Alkan, Dave Clarke, Felix da Housecat, Whomadewho, Steve Angello, Headman, Switch and Primal Scream are all playing Oxegen.

The Oxegen line-up is looking alot like the kind of acts EP were getting last year.

Although Tiefschwarz are confirmed for Electric Picnic (according to their website). Hopefully more similar acts will be announced. Rumours of M83 too...

I'm also hoping for Hot Chip.

After their gigs in Galway and Dublin, surely Justice will be announced for one or the other at some stage. I really hope it's not Oxegen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Its looking promising so far
    its early days with plenty of acts to be anounced but I cant
    wait to see gang of four again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

would love to see devendra banhart again, he is class live. I'll be away tho :(

• Advertisement

daft punk definitely aren't playing.

On their new official website, it says they'll be playing 8 gigs. Only 5 have been announced, so they will be playing at 3 gigs which haven't been announced yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

plazzTT wrote:
    Rumours of M83 too...
    Having read the whole thread, that's the only rumour that didn't make me yawn.

Still won't go though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

Prayin for roots manuva or ladytron. I'd kill for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

plazzTT wrote:
    On their new official website, it says they'll be playing 8 gigs. Only 5 have been announced, so they will be playing at 3 gigs which haven't been announced yet...

so i see, change that from definitely not playing to: unlikely to play.

i honestly can't see them coming to ireland if they're only adding 3 gigs for the whole world to share.

apparently mcd are trying to get them for HiFi....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Oh I've got my ticket..such a deadly line up, gonna be brilliant...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

I went to see Death Cab a few weeks ago in Amsterdam. After the show I saw the guitarist so I went up and berated him for not playing Ireland in their tour. He said to me they are 90% they are playing Electric Picnic.

Don't take that as gospel though, he could have just been trying to pacify me heh.

hope its true, they would be a great addition

Some Mullingar local on the EP forum says that it's in their local paper today that Daft Punk will be playing at MCD's Hi-Fi festival. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Let's be honest, the line-up for electric picnic is cack. I mean I want a festival to rival Glastonbury as much as the next man but it is a weak line-up this year no matter what way you look at it. It has got to be the worst line-up of any of the main festivals. For 175 euro, I'd want a lot better. I was at oxegen last year and thought it was brutal because of the amount of scum and also the way it is organised so I'm a little disappointed that Electric Picnic haven't at least improved on last years line-up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

I don't know if its true, but on the news website on BBC someone from EP said that the lineup announced right now is only 40% of the complete lineup, so it isnt bad at all for only 40%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

But usually they'd have the headliners signed up by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭slowhands

But usually they'd have the headliners signed up by now.
    well they didnt announce Kraftwerk till very late last year,Plus d'ont they have three nights to fill this year?im sure more quality acts will be announced.Im going anyway!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Kazaanova wrote:
    I don't know if its true, but on the news website on BBC someone from EP said that the lineup announced right now is only 40% of the complete lineup, so it isnt bad at all for only 40%.

by my reckoning, it isn't even 30% yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

"The lineup is ****e" etc...

It all depends on your bloody music taste doesn't it. Atm theres more bands on there now I want to see than there was a Oxegen last year.

well with the rumoured addition of Wilco and Death Cab, i think the lineup is coming along very nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

comet wrote:
    well with the rumoured addition of Wilco and Death Cab, i think the lineup is coming along very nicely.

I'd love to see both those acts! Also, I'm keeping fingers crossed that MEW will be announced :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Wilco would be amazing... They are by far the best band around at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

comet wrote:

Doubt Death Cab will be playing if they're playing Oxegen.

Death Cab For Cutie now listed as playing Oxegen on their own site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 face-the-phase

If your going Devendra Banhart's music is brillaint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

daft punk and prince are on the rumour mill

Prince would be deadly!

Bodytonic announced the lineup for their tent at EP today:
    howdy folks ,

here's some of the line-up for our arena at Electric Picnic 2006.....
    more acts, details, videos, dj competition info to be added soon .....

LAURENT GARNIER LIVE featuring Benjamin Ripert (keyboard) and Philippe Nadaud (sax)

TIEFSCHWARZ
    COLDCUT LIVE
    ANDREW WEATHERALL
    METRO AREA
    BODYTONIC SOUND SYSTEM
    KRAFTY KUTS
    RADIO SOULWAX LIVE
    IAN POOLEY
    BACKLASH DJ's
    NATHAN FAKE LIVE
    FISH GO DEEP feat Tracey Kelliher
    DANCEPIG
    TODD TERJE
    SPLITLOOP
    CHARLES WEBSTER
    HYSTEREO
    STEREOTONIC DJ's

more acts in the drum'n'bass , hip-hop, ecelctic, techno and house fields to be announced soon

more info / discussion at www.bodytonicmusic.com/forum

PLEASE be advised to get tickets soon if this is something your into because it will sell out soon enough . So we've been told anyway .....

cheers,

bodytonic
    www.bodytonicmusic.com

Hot Chip added now too!

I'm delighted with this news. My favourite group right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

Hot Chip

bloody brilliant,cathal on anocht fm always is playing him..

I don't know if anything will top Kraftwerk but im just glad that there is a festival out there that is not totally guitar orientated..

i hope they get Ladytron...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

peepingtom wrote:
    er saul williams is hip hop (good hip hop)? ...... he is awesome

Bah my thirst for Hip-Hop goes deep.And Saul is pretty...average really.

Still Massive Attack and Shadow? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

Saul is pretty...average really
    Listen to "black Stacey" its brilliant,he is a really talented,thats the beauty of hip'hop,its so diverse.

Advertisement