Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2006 lineup is ...

Options
  • 23-03-2006 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

Pet Shop Boys - Massive Attack - DJ Shadow - Antony & The Johnsons - Gary Numan -New Order

Also:

Basement Jaxx
    Groove Armada
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Devendra Banhart
    Elbow

Graham Coxon
    dEUS
    Rufus Wainwright
    Super Furry Animals
    Belle & Sebastian

Mad Professor
    Bloc Party
    Alabama 3
    The Rapture
    Saul Williams

Tom Vek
    Gang of Four
    David Kitt
    The Frames

Rachid Taha
    The Rags
    Dublin Gospel Choir
    Blue Nile

Damien Rice will curate a stage called The Big Tree. Joy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

well thats gonna rock. Just hope i manage to keep it together this year so i can remember it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

DJ Shadow! Belle and Seb! Im away for it :(
    and for radiohead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Bit disappointed with the line up myself. Pet Shop Boys? come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Yeah, I think last year's line-up was way, way better.
    This was last year's:
    EP 2005 Lineup
    Saturday 3 September
    Kraftwerk, Fatboy Slim, Flaming Lips, Royksopp, Arcade Fire, Mercury Rev, Doves, Vitalic, The Herbaliser, DJ Deep, Emmet Tinley, Damien Dempsey, Laurent Garnier, Goldfraap, Stereo MC's, Amp Fiddler, Mixmaster Mike, DJ Asian Dub Foundation, Caesars, Danger Mouse, The Chalets, Matthew Herbert Big Band, Ben Watt and Hot Chip, Be Your Own Pet, Dave's Radio, Optimo DJs, Unbombers and Giles Peterson

Sunday 4 September
    Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Mercury Rev, 2 Many DJs, Lemon Jelly, Audio Bullys, Roisin Murphy, Declan O Rourke, The Human League, James Blunt, LCD Soundsystem, Redneck Manifesto, JJ72, The Rakes, Who Made Who, The Devlins, Toods and the Maytals, Soulwax, De La Soul, Mr Scruff, Bob Mould Band, Nouvelle Vague, DJ Format and DJ Sneak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

There's only a few in threre I'd like to see but I'm not bothered seeing them at electric picnic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

the only ones worth seeing are the yeah yeah yeahs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Dev, Ruf, Belle and GO4 will make it worth it, I think.
    + it'll be my first actual legal festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

strange mix some real crap in there some absolute gems, ill be interested in seeing the following

Massive Attack
    DJ Shadow
    Antony & The Johnsons
    Basement Jaxx
    Groove Armada
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Devendra Banhart
    Elbow
    Bloc Party
    The Rapture
    Gang of Four

Should be enough to keep me happy, actually Shadow and Massive Attack would have been enough really. I had my fingers crossed for Daft Punk, Sufjan Stevens and Wolf Parade to magically pop up on that list but ah sure plenty of time for more acts to be added on. Basement Jaxx will be a huge draw after their performance at Glastonbury last year. its going to take alot though to live up to Saturday last year which was pretty much music heaven for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I really enjoyed Gary Numan when he played here about 5 years ago, I'll be checking him out again. Lots of bands I'd like to see, top of my list is New Order, Antony, Devendra and DJ Shadow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

I'm delighted!!

I get to see Rufus Wainwright(again!!) and Belle and Sebastian...missed their gig here recently and wasn't expecting to see them!

Also, Basement Jaxx, after seeing their Glastonbury set it should be mad!

And we got Antony and the Johnsons, Elbow, Massive Attack, Groove Armada...I'm happy :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ah it's a decent line up, miles ahead of the ****e that is oxegen...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Can't believe they actually booked The Frames. Guess it was inevitable.

It's a good lineup, better than last years, much more interesting than Oxegen, but there's currently no bands that would make me run out and grab a ticket now (although there's a fair portion of bands that I would like to see).

Hopefully they can get a little more variety in the final thing aswell, just seems so tame at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

not impressed at all.
    where is all the hip-hop? far too many non-electric bands there too. Dublin Gosphel Choir, Damien Rice, Anthony and the Johnsons....fairly bland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

That's what I was thinking. It's all pretty middle of the road stuff, i don't want to say I wouldn't like to see these acts but there is nothing to make me excited.
    Any chance of this doing an oxegen and selling out in a day? I want to think about it and try to get a decent amount of people to go before I buy my ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

there's still ****loads more acts to be announced....
    at least 5 music stages over 3 days.
    the acts so far are only the ones that are definitely 100% signed on, they hope to have almost all them signed up over the next 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

lordgoat wrote:
    Ah it's a decent line up, miles ahead of the ****e that is oxegen...

But in fairness they are two distinct types of estival. One is a rock festival and the other you drive up in your SUV and pop out with your picnic basket and dress all arty with reference to Glasto.

Having said that, I've never been and I think I shall this year. Will they let you in if you drive a Ford Fiesta?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭peepingtom

not impressed at all.
    where is all the hip-hop? far too many non-electric bands there too. Dublin Gosphel Choir, Damien Rice, Anthony and the Johnsons....fairly bland.

er saul williams is hip hop (good hip hop)? ...... he is awesome

peepingtom wrote:
    er saul williams is hip hop (good hip hop)? ...... he is awesome

not enough for me so far anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 issyfro

Any chance of this doing an oxegen and selling out in a day? I want to think about it and try to get a decent amount of people to go before I buy my ticket.

I was in ticketmaster the other day an they said there is loads of tickets left, but it will sell out much nearer the date like it does every year.
    Well worth going to, much more laid back than Poxygen..plus campsite considerably closer to all events.

Basement Jaxx definatly worth seeing..amazing live..better than hearing them on radio/cd..incredible atmosphere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mark.e.smith

Does anybody know when the line-up times are being announced.... Would only go if rufus and sebastian were on the same day...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

There are no day-tickets though, so you'd have to buy a weekend camping ticket regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

so not only is it a crap line up its a rip off too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mark.e.smith

No Day tickets?!? now i'm definitely not going all i can do is keep my fingers crossed that rufus decides to play somewhere in dublin that weekend... I understand why they're doing it but it's awfully annoying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

there's still ****loads more acts to be announced....
    at least 5 music stages over 3 days.
    the acts so far are only the ones that are definitely 100% signed on, they hope to have almost all them signed up over the next 2 weeks.
    So any rumours that could tickle anyones fancy?

So any rumours that could tickle anyones fancy?

daft punk and prince are on the rumour mill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

The line up is absolutely terrible so far...The Frames. Damien Rice, Massive Attack, I take it theirs sleeping facilities...at the front of the stage!! Seriously! Its dire....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

daft punk and prince are on the rumour mill

I think the daft punk one was quashed cos they want a million a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

daft punk definitely aren't playing.
    prince is highly unlikely. as are the beasties.

morrisey is almost certain.
    coldcut are playing too.

i would love to see the beastie boys at it. so far the hip hop elemet of the previous two years isn't apparant this year. Its early days yet thou....here's hoping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I went to see Death Cab a few weeks ago in Amsterdam. After the show I saw the guitarist so I went up and berated him for not playing Ireland in their tour. He said to me they are 90% they are playing Electric Picnic.

Don't take that as gospel though, he could have just been trying to pacify me heh.

Advertisement