Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If I want a f****** newspaper I will take one

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 sharonlarkin

I only get narky when someone waves something in front of my window :D

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Ah good it's been revived, the last time this thread was about I didn't have to be in town that early.
    I used to avoid them but now I take one for the sudoku. Easy enough to avoid though, just veer around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

bobble wrote:
    Metro & Herald AM distributors are paid a shift rate. They are paid regardless if they have newspapers left over or not. Distribution is closely monitored and circulation figures are not "guessed" as insinuated by someone.

I walk to work each morning and am offered either a herald am or metro every few yards, I just say no thank you. Papers are not forced on me. If you do not wish to have a paper then just say no! I think they are far worse things than getting handed 2 papers in the morning.

Irish people are never happy, they complain if they have to pay for something and they complain if it’s free.

I wrote on this board as I'd herad from a friend about it and all I can say is thats its pathetic. Stop ranting about stupid things and get a life for yourselves.

Is that a complaint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

These people drive me mad. I drive through Phibsborough every morning and there is one on the corner of the North Circular, cutting in between traffic and waving the stupid paper in front of the window. Drives me mad. One of these days I'm just going to run him over

No you wont, stop acting tough on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

What about the 'aul getting thrown 2 papers in the car window trick!

Works every time ;)

Whatever happened to de salt of de earth aul fellas who used to sell the 'heraldeds in the evenings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Sizzler wrote:

Whatever happened to de salt of de earth aul fellas who used to sell the 'heraldeds in the evenings?

prob the same guys on the morning crew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Simon201 wrote:
    Yeah those guys who try to sell you Heralds at the M50 junction at Blanchardstown wreck me head a bit especially the ones....errm how can I put this delicately.. ok they don't look like they were born in this country,

You mean their black?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

panda100 wrote:
    You mean their black?
    I hope the black people who were born here don't get offended

I think "they werent born here" sounds worse than "they're black"
    as if being black was a bad thing

assuming that's what the person you were quoting was trying to say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

BossArky wrote:
    1: Current I live in central London. In the morning whilst out running these paper sellers try to force their wares on me.

Yes imagine what the reaction would be in Dublin if they started distributing papers in the evenings as well. Currently the gf is offered 4 different newspapers a day - 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening.

Anyhow to put things into perspective, I'd wager that half the moaning biatches on here work in some sort of sales/telemarketing type job and are pushing their way past these paper sellers so they can go peddle their own unwanted sh1t to some other unfortunate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

bluewolf wrote:
    I hope the black people who were born here don't get offended

I think "they werent born here" sounds worse than "they're black"
    as if being black was a bad thing

assuming that's what the person you were quoting was trying to say

Exactly.If someones black then their black but they can still be born here. Irish people in general are scared to use the word black because they think its racist.Its not though saying someones 'coloured' or 'dont look like they were born here' is a lot worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Simon201 wrote:
    Yeah those guys who try to sell you Heralds at the M50 junction at Blanchardstown wreck me head a bit especially the ones....errm how can I put this delicately.. ok they don't look like they were born in this country

So what you're saying is it's the foreigners selling the Herald that annoy you more. Do the drivers who 'don't look like they were born in this country' annoy you more on the roads too? And I bet the lads in having a pint who look a bit 'non-Irish' must really get up your nose.

Advertisement