Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LESSONS - Offered And Requested

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Sorry Kate that should read €30 per hour (copied from an old post and edited badly) which is even then artificially higher to encourage paying for four lessons. The rate is slightly cheaper than most other professional teachers as opposed to broke students chancing their arm! ;-)

That and the unwaged and students get a further discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

ah ok thats good then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ethanb

Wanted Keyboard Lessons for child 7yrs based in dublin 18 / 6 can travell if necessary, eager student wishing to start sooner rather than later.
    please pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Anybody know which teachers are good, or the best, or a good place to start even?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 AlisonN

Just got myself a drum kit and now need lessons. I am in Mullingar but will travel to leixlip, celbridge, maynooth. I would prefer mullingar though. Anyone know anybody giving drum lessons in these areas??? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Have you considered teaching yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Thomas is highly recommended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Kaiser_Sma

I'm looking for bass guitar lessons in limerick? Is this even possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

Guitar and Bass lessons offered in Dublin West/ Kildare area.

Teacher based in Lucan with over 15 years playing experience
    -Music Theory Certificates from Victoria College of Music London
    -5 Years teaching experience
    -Any style, any level ages 10 and up.
    -€70 for 4 lessons.
    -€170 for 10 lessons.
    -Lessons are half an hour in length

PM for more details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Chaoselfe

Hey!

I'm an Au Pair near Drogheda and I would like to learn playing the piano. Who else of you is playing the piano?

Please send an email to <no contact details thanks>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Are you looking to find out where you can get piano lessons, or just if anybody here plays the piano?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭A racy brainrot

I'm a full beginner. It's always been an instrument i wanted to play. I was wondering if anyone knew of cello lessons in limerick? From an independant teacher.

ARB-R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 l_whitty

im looking for some info on guit lessons in shannon co.clare or nearby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lisamclancy

Beginners trumpet lessons wanted for the Galway/Clare/Limerick area
    lisamclancy@hotmail.com
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 manalishi

Bayside Guitar Lessons
    www.baysideguitar.com

Bayside Guitar is based in Dublin 13, north east teaching guitar to all ages from beginner to intermediate and performance level. We tuition acoustic and electric guitar lessons covering everything from Green Day to Steely Dan.

Whether you're just a beginner or if you believe you have a competent level of playing ability Bayside Guitar caters for all different standards. Bayside Guitar has an holistic approach when teaching guitar and realises no two students are the same. Attention is focused on giving players of all standards a good grounding in music and greater understanding of the guitar as an instrument. Many different aspects of the guitar will be taught to students from; lead and rhythm playing, music theory, chords, song constructions to general musicianship and upkeep of a good clean instrument.

You can bring along your favourite songs on CD and Bayside Guitar can tutor you along to figuring them out. You can also learn that solo you've always wanted to know how to play.

Instrument(s) And Styles:
    Pop, Rock, Metal, Classical, Blues, Jazz, Funk, Spanish, Fingerstyle

Experience:
    2yrs

Lesson Duration:
    1.5hr

Cost Per Lesson:
    I month tryout period
    4 weeks €100
    5 weeks €125

Normal 3 month term €300 - €375
    (€375 if there are 3 months x 5 weeks)
    Beginner - Intermediate - Advanced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 voodoo66

Looking for jazz/blues guitar lesson.

Location city center or dublin north (Drumcondra).

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭johnnyrotten123

Hi,

I was thinking about getting private guitar lessons in waltons New School. Lessons are 172 for six weeks and they last for a half hour. Can any recommend Waltons for good or for bad? And feedback would be appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 staccato41

Style: Jazz
    Level: Intermediate/Advanced

Hi,

I'm a enthusiastic guitar player interested in a wide range of styles. I'm keen to develop my knowledge of music theory and its application though the medium of jazz. I've been playing guitar for quite a few years, so I'm reasonably proficient. Also, I already have a good background in theory, having studied piano to grade 8.

I'm seeking an experienced teacher - preferably with a strong jazz background - who has a deep understanding of theory, harmony, improvisation etc..

If anyone is offering lessons, or could even point me in the right direction it'd be greatly appreciated - I'm new to the city, and haven't a clue where all the jazz cats :cool: hang out..

Thanks,
    Brian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 whapihs

Hey!

I'm a music student, south dublin based in the rathmines area looking to give some lessons in piano or voice - preferably at a beginners or intermediate standard. As I would prefer not to do grades, Lessons would be centred around the student's own taste - i.e., the songs and tunes they want to be able to play/sing. I'll be able to help people learn to sight read/sing and to get a good grounding in musical theory, and to play by ear. I can take groups for singing lessons (if, for example, you're singing with a group for your leaving cert and need some extra help). I'd be willing to do hour to half an hour long lessons, depending on the student's requirements at twelve euro per half hour. All ages catered for, absoloutly NO experience necessary. ^_^

My own experience is varied. I have a grade eight in piano from the Royal Irish Academy, and a Silver medal in singing also from the Royal Irish Academy. In addition to that, I've played the lead in two different musicals, with solos in various others. I gig regularly in Dublin, doing mostly acoustic regina spektor/dresden dolls style music, and released an e.p. two months ago. I was on tour this summer with a band I'm in, and I also have experience with teaching and performing choral music, and also some experience in teaching solo singers (the latter in relation to upcoming Junior and Leaving cert exams). I'm a student of music in trinity, so I'm constantly learning and improving my own techniques. I have worked in choral, classical, traditional and other more popular genres.

PM me if you're interested. ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dmadman

Hi All,

Just letting you all know that there is a new music school opening up in Drogheda, Greenhills ind est to be exact.

We offer lessons in;

Guitar (Classical, Acoustic, Rock)
    Bass Guitar
    Piano (Standard and Classical)
    Keyboard
    Violin
    Singing
    Music Theory

The premises has 6 class rooms all fully viewable from the waiting room where you can have tea or coffee while you wait.
    Ample parking out front.
    Fully secure
    Fully trained teachers

We are the only school in Drogheda who actually have designated premises purpose built for teaching music

You can contact the office to make a booking for january onwards on -

041 9888 727

Thank You

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭The Stand

Hey, Anyone know where I can get rudimental drum lessons for the marching snare?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

Hi there

I'm looking for some sort of a drumming circle in North County Dublin or South Louth. I have a djembe but I haven't actually played in about 18 months and I'm keen to get back into it. I'd appreciate any info.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭duffman90210

Hi all,

I'm a music student in Trinity and have all my piano and theory grades completed from the RIAM and ABRSM respectively. I'm based in the Dublin 15 area and am happy to teach piano/theory/J. Cert/L. Cert music to anybody. I work in an informal and relaxed style and am very friendly. If you don't want to pursue grades, we can learn songs or styles that you choose. You choose the music and I teach it! I have an excellent quality upright Kawai K5 piano in my house, so if possible lessons should take place there. I've been teaching piano for the last year, taking students through grades, while others just for the fun of it. Currently I charge:

€20 - half an hour of piano
    €40 - one hour of piano OR half an hour of piano half an hour of theory.

However, if pricing is a problem, we can discuss it. It's no problem

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Ciarán (19).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 deirge

what is your phone no.please? Am interested in lessons.
    Deirdre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 roman placek

Hello everybody.
    I am Czech cellist trained in my country, Salzburg Austria, and America where I studied with N. Rosen and played for Yo-Yo among others, ran my own academy. Now I am relocating to Dublin. I am experienced teacher for all levels and ages and would love to continue dedicating important part of my professional life to teaching.
    I am ready to move so do not hesitate.
    Looking forward to hearing from you and starting my Irish experience as your teacher.
    Best,
    Roman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

I'm looking for a bass teacher in Galway. If anyone knows of one please PM details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bhne

hello,

can anyone recomend where to get drum lessons in d15?
    or someone who would come to the house?
    what is the cost etc???
    any info would be appriecated!
    is there someone in coolmine???? the new studios there???

thanks bhne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Fubble

Hi guys,

I'm looking for guitar lessons in the Carlow area. I would be willing to travel within say a 20 mile radius.

I had some lessons about 15 years ago but never stuck at it and now regret it. I am a complete beginner as any of the stuff i picked up back then has been lost.

I like all kinds of music from the Wolfe Tones to Led Zepplin and everything in between. My favourite guitariest are Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton. I also like modern music like the White Stripes, Coldplay etc. That's the kind of music i would love to be able to play.

Please help!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Devane

HI, I'm looking for info about piano lessons in Galway.
    General Information about lessons anywhere in Ireland like usual price of lessons, freqeuncy of attendence, what does grade 5,6 mean? Does you have to take exams, do performances etc.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 colmoloughlin

Hey

Guitar Lessons available for beginners in the Swords/Fingal Area in Dublin.
    Half hour lessons for €12 each or you could get 10 half hour lessons for €110!
    Lessons are one-on-one tuition and focus mainly on learning good guitar techniques!
    Lessons are booking up quite quickly but there are a few times available on Friday and Sunday mornings!

For more information email colm_oloughlin@hotmail.com

Hope to hear from you soon

Colm x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement