Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Bubble Going to Burst?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Zzippy wrote: »
    Pot... meet kettle!
    Pffft, think of his posts as Fiat Puntos, and mine as Mercedes Benzs. There's loads of both on our roads, but the quality of one is a lot better than the quality of the other.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Rb wrote: »
    Pffft, think of his posts as Fiat Puntos, and mine as Mercedes Benzs. There's loads of both on our roads, but the quality of one is a lot better than the quality of the other.:p
    You fail at trolling. F-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Sherifu wrote: »
    You fail at trolling. F-
    Aww, I'm only kidding, no need to go sulking like that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

He's right. The quality of Mercs is gone to pot in the last few years.

I'd forgotten about good ole Morningstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Rb wrote: »
    Aww, I'm only kidding, no need to go sulking like that :)
    True, lets not ruin your 'special day'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

who the feck dug a 2-year old thread up? surely this is "bumping"?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

flanum wrote: »
    who the feck dug a 2-year old thread up? surely this is "bumping"?

Ah quit whingin just because someone got a 'yore ma' in before you.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

joejoem wrote: »
    Property is reaching its true value in my opinion. As a small coutry we are majorly affected by supply here, we have a limited amount of land, especially close to the city in Dublin. Prices will climb for another 2 -3 years and then level off with the possibility of a small decline.
    connundrum wrote: »
    It won't burst, but it will plateau in a while. This year will see prices rise at an unreal rate as real estate agents will up prices to 'cope with the foreseeable demand' from the SSIA crowd. It will level out though.
    magpie wrote: »
    The usual scaremongering, with lots of "ifs" going on. People have been saying this for years.
    I agree with all the rebuttals to the OP. That article is grossly misleading and shows a total lack of knowledge of both financial and economical circumstances. The prophets of doom have been harping since 1998 or so, and one would hope that most of them are still filling out their rent books in between bouts of banging their heads off the wall in sheer frustration.
    100gSoma wrote: »
    Immigration is having a huge impact on housing. As long as the eatern euopans continue to stream in (and they will) they will need places to live. The market is not going to "burst". To many vested interests, and too easily controlled by the developers. At best it will level off.
    It is interesting to see the zeitgeist changing so fast though, in the course of two years we have gone from "sure you'd be mad not to buy property" to the exact opposite. Most posts early on were strongly bullish about property in this country, reality be damned, and look where we are now. 10% drops in the first few months of 2008, and no end in sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

And all those bullish posters especially Morningstar have NOT come back to the topic in the Accommodation forum or here since for 2 years now, they hate to admit they were wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Disregard my post in this thread. I was a property selling whore at the time of posting and have now bought some morals.

Where is morningstar btw? Miss that lil hellraiser

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

connundrum wrote: »
    Disregard my post in this thread. I was a property selling whore at the time of posting and have now bought some morals.

Where is morningstar btw? Miss that lil hellraiser

From his profile..

"Last Activity: 28-08-2006"

Timing is the essence of comedy.

or did he magically change into another username? FillSpecter or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

MorningStar => FillSpectre => ??? Unless he has really changed his unique posting style (no compromise, not one iota!) I think he is no longer with us. Maybe too busy managing his property empire? Though to be honest he seemed like a fairly reasonable landlord type and one who put some effort into business, not like a lot of the Johnny-Come-Lately types who will probably face financial problems over the next 5 years of pain.

All the property bulls are dead and gone, they're with Michael Lynn in the gra.....err, on the lam!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I almost replied to this with a spontaneoous "welcome to last year" or the like. Lucky I read it. But to whoever dug this up, let this be a lesson - you could have cause soemone who wasn't paying any attention to embarrass themselves. Learn from this mistake, or else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

It's interesting to read this thread. Back when this thread was first posted, I was a lurker on boards and still in college. Afterhours was a place to discuss general things. Notice the lack of Yore Ma and funny one liners?:pac:

Then it was bumped two years later and we had the "Ho ho-times have certainly changed!" and Yore Ma graced us with her presence.

Now, I bump it and it the economy has kind of tanked in the mean time. There will be lots of "In before the lock", linking to facepalm and other memes and the whole rough and tumble of modern Afterhours culture and thanks whoring.

Before it's locked, can a moderator make a mental note to bump this in 2 year's time? I want to see the Buzz generation making their contribution as well.:pac:

Won't be buying a house for a few years. Will save some money first before taking out a moderate mortgage for a moderately sized house.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Reminds me of my favourite bible passage.

'I am the resurrection and the light'
    ----Jeremiah 33 3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Calibos wrote: »
    Reminds me of my favourite bible passage.

'I am the resurrection and the light'
    ----Jeremiah 33 3
    What is this "Bible" you speak of?

That's a lyric from my favourite Stone Roses song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

El Weirdo wrote: »
    What is this "Bible" you speak of?

That's a lyric from my favourite Stone Roses song.

"Fools Gold" would be more appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Wow. Nice little history lesson there. Like one of those time capsules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

the things we will learn from old threads on boards!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Read the first two posts there, wow!!!!

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

one word lads, RECESSION :D , as soon as america sneezes were fecked and according to some that COULD be as early as next year!

Yea right :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Its scary the amount of people who thought that property would just continue to grow in value indefinetly.
    I remember Brian Cowen, in his last job, doing an episode of questions and answers. When panellists started getting uppidy with their questioning re the economy, he silenced the desenters by saying "Hold on now, Im the minister for finance! I think i know what im talking about!"

Yeah right!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Nice to read back and see how Property was ingrained as the "golden goose".
    But you cant blame people who didn't see it coming, the shower of cúnts who were voted in to represent us, were the ones shouting the loudest "soft landing", "harbingers of doom" "talk down the economy", fecking shills.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

This thread is making major fooools out of some people that posted in it 4 years ago :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

joejoem wrote: »
    :rolleyes: suprise suprise. Everyone is an expert when it comes to property. Property is reaching its true value in my opinion. As a small coutry we are majorly affected by supply here, we have a limited amount of land, especially close to the city in Dublin. Prices will climb for another 2 -3 years and then level off with the possibility of a small decline.

Way to go Nostradamus...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

In 20 years time people will be browsing old Boards forums like this for their history essays lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055033806

You could write a thesis on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,016 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Some of the people in the start of the thread - wow, you were So wrong. "Its the paper though! DONT TRUST JOURNALISTS! TRUST NOBODY!"

As if you had looked at the Data. You hadn't. Neither had I, but then I am pretty damn sure I never refuted or discussed the Bubble back then.
    Way to go Nostradamus...
    I prefer to get my insight from Negrodamus.

'Audience Member: Negrodamus, why is George Bush so sure there are WMDs in Iraq?'

'Negrodamus: Because - He has the receipt. Next Question.'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Overheal wrote: »
    Some of the people in the start of the thread - wow, you were So wrong. "Its the paper though! DONT TRUST JOURNALISTS! TRUST NOBODY!"

As if you had looked at the Data. You hadn't. Neither had I, but then I am pretty damn sure I never refuted or discussed the Bubble back then.
    I prefer to get my insight from Negrodamus.

'Audience Member: Negrodamus, why is George Bush so sure there are WMDs in Iraq?'

'Negrodamus: Because - He has the receipt. Next Question.'

Negrodamus = colonel powell? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,016 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

snyper wrote: »
    Negrodamus = colonel powell? :D
    google it

Advertisement