Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

Pure headwrecking games! Well, they were back when i had Riven on the PS1 with the official mouse!! But if you like your puzzle games, then they are quite good.

Broken Sword is on the humbleBundle.com . Pure headwrecker. Until you realise you give the flower the clown gave you to the monkey to get a banana to trip up the security guard and steal his keys.. Omg *smashes keyboard with cranium

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well duh. Of course. That's only logical. :) I think I remember other seemingly random series of events for Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

platinums wrote: »
    Broken Sword is on the humbleBundle.com . Pure headwrecker. Until you realise you give the flower the clown gave you to the monkey to get a banana to trip up the security guard and steal his keys.. Omg *smashes keyboard with cranium
    Hahaha f**king love that game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I think the general mantra for this thread is "I'm broke but sure I'll just have a quick look and not buy anything" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

More like,

"I can do without food for a few weeks. Do I really need water or basic sanitary products? I know I haven't got to play much of what I've brought so far but this game is different. I'm definitely going to play this!"

No wait that's the Steam Sale. Carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Jernal wrote: »
    More like,

"I can do without food for a few weeks. Do I really need water or basic sanitary products? I know I haven't got to play much of what I've brought so far but this game is different. I'm definitely going to play this!"

For me it's usually just "I know I've already got a massive backlog to get through and the money I've spent has been building lately, but I mightn't see it at this price again, it would be foolish of me to pass on it!"

I'm still downloading Battlefield 3 from a few pages back. As if it wasn't enough being a 13GB game (took 5 days to download, biggest I've ever seen), as soon as I went to play it, Origin makes me download 9 FREAKING GIGABYTES of updates so I'm still at that. Then there's Mark of The Ninja (another two) and now Civ 5 (another five). This will take forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Jernal wrote: »

Speaking of which, when is that? Paid next Friday, so hopefully not long after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

C14N wrote: »
    For me it's usually just "I know I've already got a massive backlog to get through and the money I've spent has been building lately, but I mightn't see it at this price again, it would be foolish of me to pass on it!"

Definitely, I remember when I was little and getting one or two new game(s) every 6 months was a massive deal, you'd often play to death and then play again. These days I have 50 games sitting on my PS3, 50 games sitting on Steam, and more are bought every month and not even downloaded! Need more time and sense :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Mister Man wrote: »
    Speaking of which, when is that? Paid next Friday, so hopefully not long after that!

This discussion post regarding the Steam Trading Cards beta mentions an upcoming event "everyone can be excited about". Some people have speculated that it's the sale, and will start on the 27th or 28th.

Or in other words, we still have no clue. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

C14N wrote: »

I'm still downloading Battlefield 3 from a few pages back. As if it wasn't enough being a 13GB game (took 5 days to download, biggest I've ever seen), as soon as I went to play it, Origin makes me download 9 FREAKING GIGABYTES of updates so I'm still at that. Then there's Mark of The Ninja (another two) and now Civ 5 (another five). This will take forever.

I absolutely hate origin because of that game. Bought it off amazon a few months ago for €30 and downloaded the game in gfs,cause she has upc. Then went to play it only to find I needed to download another 5GB after I installed it which took forever cause I only have 2Mb internet.

When I actually went to play it I found it wouldn't work at all. I have only ever managed to get past the cut scene at the start before the game freezes. I looked up a few forums and it's not uncommon for this to happen. My specs are above the recommended and there seems to be no solution. Every now and then I still go back and try to play it but usually have to download another 10GB before I even try and it has never worked.

I don't think I will ever buy another origin game again if I can help it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

If you missed out on Hotline Miami (PC) in the last Humble Indie Bundle, you can get it for €2.25 on Gamefly.co.uk, using the code GFDJUN20UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Free Dlc for Dragon Age Origins and DA2 http://social.bioware.com/da2/dlc_bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Civ 5 Gold Edition for about €8.85 on Game.

Hi lads, did anyone else get this? Bought today and its downloading now. I'm relatively new to Digital Downloads/Steam and was wondering if Steam is downloading everything thats included in Gold Edition at once or do I have to download the add ons/expansions seperately? Steam looks like its only downloading Civ 5? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Hi lads, did anyone else get this? Bought today and its downloading now. I'm relatively new to Digital Downloads/Steam and was wondering if Steam is downloading everything thats included in Gold Edition at once or do I have to download the add ons/expansions seperately? Steam looks like its only downloading Civ 5? Thanks

It downloads it all at once don't worry!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

In general, it depends on the game. If someone here isn't too sure on civ5 God in particular, if you click on the game in your library on steam, you'll notice a set of links to the right, the forum there will be specific to the game. So others there may know.

Some games it comes all in one download, others you have to download the extra content in game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

farna_boy wrote: »
    I absolutely hate origin because of that game. Bought it off amazon a few months ago for €30 and downloaded the game in gfs,cause she has upc. Then went to play it only to find I needed to download another 5GB after I installed it which took forever cause I only have 2Mb internet.

When I actually went to play it I found it wouldn't work at all. I have only ever managed to get past the cut scene at the start before the game freezes. I looked up a few forums and it's not uncommon for this to happen. My specs are above the recommended and there seems to be no solution. Every now and then I still go back and try to play it but usually have to download another 10GB before I even try and it has never worked.

I don't think I will ever buy another origin game again if I can help it.

I know how you feel, I'm on 1.5MB at the moment. I've had to leave the computer on every night this week and it's still not done. Hopefully will be in the morning though. Origin is a pain in the ass but it's no worse than Uplay really (Steam would actually probably be as bad if I didn't want to use it anyway). I hope it works after all this.

I got it too although I haven't downloaded yet (still waiting on Battlefield 3) but I'm fairly sure everything is included in the main game.

Anyone else pick up GOTY Dead Island for €4.99 on steam? Picked it up myself after being hugely disappointed by Riptide! Hopefully it's worth the fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Tomb Raider €16.98 Steam

currently playing this at the moment and if you like Uncharted then this is for you ironically :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Mister Man wrote: »
    Anyone else pick up GOTY Dead Island for €4.99 on steam? Picked it up myself after being hugely disappointed by Riptide! Hopefully it's worth the fiver

Dead Island is great co op, bit hard when your solo. It has a kind of good story and its fairly long, a lot of exploring also. I picked it up on GMG when it was 4 euro and played it so we had 4 people on. It was deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Vita Deal 8GB Memory card plus 10 games for €39.99. Most are not the best but there are some pretty good games too like LBP, Motorstorm RC & Lemmings.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/06/19/ps-vita-mega-pack-10-games-and-an-8gb-memory-card-for-39-99/

F.E.A.R Bundle (3 Games) All Steam €11.42
    http://impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W3640

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

Thanks. I understand this game had very mixed reviews. Has it been improved in subsequent patches?

Thanks. I understand this game had very mixed reviews. Has it been improved in subsequent patches?
    Not too sure man I have it downloaded but I only played it for a few hours and it seemed good to me (really like Tropico), iv been waiting for it to go on sale on Steam before I pick it up properly tho :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I got it shortly after it first came out and only found it to be average. The crime management aspect of it is pretty boring and really brings the game down.

The combat sections are similiar to XCOM and is the better part of the game but its still not a patch on XCOM.

That said i haven't played the game in a couple of months, mainly because i just got bored after a few levels and stopped playing, so i can't say if the game has been improved with the more recent patches or DLC but i can't imagine it has.

Personally, didn't enjoy it. Got a couple of hours out of it before I never opened it again. All depends on the kinda game you like really. Just wasn't really for me. Can't comment on a patch, haven't opened it in ages

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/system_shock_2?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social_media&utm_content=mac_update&utm_campaign=system_shock_2_mac_update&pp=904f2cc1c3677bb35876e91f4716341c06769cc6

system shock 2 for 4.99 dollurz on gog

most people have probably played it by now, I played past the first hour for the first time earlier this year and it catapaulted itself into my favourite games list but in case anyone hasn't played it.. you'll thank yourself later for taking the chance

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement