Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Not sure there is a trial anymore, unless they use cookies to keep track of who I am and if I've had the trial before.
    Yeah, my trial has expired. How are you supposed to get the keys? You'd have to sign up for IGN prime wouldn't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Fear 3 for ps3 is €12 in Harvey Normans nutgrove

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

Yeah, my trial has expired. How are you supposed to get the keys? You'd have to sign up for IGN prime wouldn't you?

Yeah, 15 USD for 5 games, if you were looking at getting one of those five (QUBE for example), it'd be good value, not to mention the next two months of offers that 15 USD pays for.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

lads, can we get a separate thread ( non sticky) for bargain alert discussion?

it is really annoying to come over after seeing it refreshed and find a chatter.

we got that in " building PC " section and it makes it more tidy aneasyer to navigate.

lads, can we get a separate thread ( non sticky) for bargain alert discussion?

it is really annoying to come over after seeing it refreshed and find a chatter.

we got that in " building PC " section and it makes it more tidy aneasyer to navigate.
    I'm not sure it's needed. Yeah there is some off topic chatter going on in here but the whole idea of the discussion thread over in the building PC setion was that there was a lot of chatter about competing products/specifications in that thread that REALLY detracted from the bargains. At least some of the off topic chatter here is going someway to clarify a gaming bargain. At least i think so.
    It's not something I oppose, but it's something that I'm not sure is needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

I'm not sure it's needed. Yeah there is some off topic chatter going on in here but the whole idea of the discussion thread over in the building PC setion was that there was a lot of chatter about competing products/specifications in that thread that REALLY detracted from the bargains. At least some of the off topic chatter here is going someway to clarify a gaming bargain. At least i think so.

Besides. How would anyone know to go to the separate thread regarding a specific bargain? Its not feasible IMO.

kendragon wrote: »
    Besides. How would anyone know to go to the separate thread regarding a specific bargain. Its not feasible IMO.
    Well, they would edit this post to notify users about the thread. Then you would subscribe to that thread too. And if you go into your thread subscriptions page you'll be notified on there (or by email if you sign up for notification that way). It could work, but the reasons it was needed in the building PC section doesn't really hold up here.

its always chatter. in last few posts all i can see is chatter and no bargains. its easy to use two threads. post a bargain here, then use other thread to discuss how good bargain it is.

now its freaking annoying:

MR. bubbles: MW3 is on sale 20eu!!!!!

MR. square: Oh that shiet game! feck it sideways!

MR. handsome: feck up ya prick its awesome!

MR. Bubbles: i just posted a bargain, if you dont like it, then dont buy it!

MR. flexy: ya all bunch of ferries!

so 5 posts, one bargain, but you notified 5 times...

kendragon wrote: »
    Besides. How would anyone know to go to the separate thread regarding a specific bargain? Its not feasible IMO.

1. you see a posted bargain and you dont know if its any good.
    2. you go to "bargain chatter" thread and ask: bejesus lads, is that "touch yourself 3" is any good?!
    3. ????
    4. Profit, because bargain thread is not littered by posts and has only bargains posted and you got a separate thread to discuss about games.

Hey, less chatter, more bargains!
    I don't like over-complicating things, I think it's fine for people to give advice on a bargain.
    How can we really know if something is good value if nobody's there to tell us if they enjoyed the game or not?!

dead horde is 2.24 on steam today.
    Also, Desura have Three Dead Zed for 1.69

http://store.steampowered.com/app/27940/
    http://www.desura.com/games/three-dead-zed

both look like pretty decent indie zombie games, but I haven't played either.

• Advertisement

Hey, less chatter, more bargains!
    I don't like over-complicating things, I think it's fine for people to give advice on a bargain.
    How can we really know if something is good value if nobody's there to tell us if they enjoyed the game or not?!

dead horde is 2.24 on steam today.
    Also, Desura have Three Dead Zed for 1.69

http://store.steampowered.com/app/27940/
    http://www.desura.com/games/three-dead-zed

both look like pretty decent indie zombie games, but I haven't played either.

/facepalm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭ablelocks

/facepalm

never heard of it - any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

You all thought this post was going to be 'bout a bargain :pac:

ablelocks wrote: »
    never heard of it - any good?

its awesome! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

/facepalm

Hey, if you don't stop spamming the bargain thread we'll have to report you. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Possible future bargain alert Diablo 3 collector's edition €67 delivered (RRP is £70/€84 in U.K)

700px-D3ce-features.jpg
      Diablo III full game.
      Behind the scenes making of DVD.
      Diablo III Soundtrack.
      The Art of Diablo III book.
      Diablo skull and 4gig USB soulstone.
      The full games: Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction come loaded on the flashdrive. The soulstone USB fits into the skull as a resting place/decoration item.

Special digital bonus features in Blizzard games:
      "Aesthetic Artifacts" in Diablo III: Two special color dyes (Bottled Cloud and Bottled Smoke) and glowing Tyrael's Angelic Wings. The wings toggle on and off. You can use all these items as many times as you want and can transfer to other characters on a single account via the shared Stash.
      World of Warcraft Fetish Shaman pet.
      Starcraft II Battle.net character portraits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

GAME seem to be having a few liquidation reductions. Got L4D2 for €15, Metro 2033 for €7 and Crackdown for €3! (All XBox)

They had plenty of similar reductions, Bioshock €7, Death Smiles Deluxe €7, Red Faction €3 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Its not a liquidation sale (yet) just a preowned sale, not that out of the ordinary for Game TBH

ShaneU wrote: »
    Possible future bargain alert Diablo 3 collector's edition €67 delivered (RRP is £70/€84 in U.K)

700px-D3ce-features.jpg
      Diablo III full game.
      Behind the scenes making of DVD.
      Diablo III Soundtrack.
      The Art of Diablo III book.
      Diablo skull and 4gig USB soulstone.
      The full games: Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction come loaded on the flashdrive. The soulstone USB fits into the skull as a resting place/decoration item.

Special digital bonus features in Blizzard games:
      "Aesthetic Artifacts" in Diablo III: Two special color dyes (Bottled Cloud and Bottled Smoke) and glowing Tyrael's Angelic Wings. The wings toggle on and off. You can use all these items as many times as you want and can transfer to other characters on a single account via the shared Stash.
      World of Warcraft Fetish Shaman pet.
      Starcraft II Battle.net character portraits

well all i needed to know: release date!

i will newer trust online deleveries with diablo 3. i waited it way too long. though with such huge changes i dont really see how it will be ready for april.

p.s. blizzards collectors edition were newer very expensive lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Mass Effect 3 for £28 at greenman gaming. Also preorder now with the code TAKEE-ARTHB-ACK20 and you also get Dragon Age Origins for free.

http://www.greenmangaming.co.uk/games/rpgs/mass-effect-3/?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Mass Effect 3 for £28 at greenman gaming. Also preorder now with the code TAKEE-ARTHB-ACK20 and you also get Dragon Age Origins for free.

http://www.greenmangaming.co.uk/games/rpgs/mass-effect-3/?

Coming up as 34.99 for me?

Gamersgate have a similar offer (DA: Origins free) for £31.49

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-ME3UK/mass-effect-3-uk

KonFusion wrote: »

Think the price goes down when the code is entered.

KonFusion wrote: »

Yeah, that's what the coupon code is for.

€33.58 for reference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Lots of xbox bargains on gamestaion/game websites, seems to be because they are close to shutting down

stuff like fallout NV for £5, bulletstorm epic edition for £3, fifa 11 for 98 pence, Zelda Ocarina 3D for £15, formula 1 2010 for £3. etc.

worth having a check through the websites for deals.

Tinie wrote: »
    Lots of xbox bargains on gamestaion/game websites, seems to be because they are close to shutting down

stuff like fallout NV for £5, bulletstorm epic edition for £3, fifa 11 for 98 pence, Zelda Ocarina 3D for £15, formula 1 2010 for £3. etc.

worth having a check through the websites for deals.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/farming-simulator-2011-platinum-149396?categoryIdentifier=203225
    Bargain!

No but really there are some good offers for console gamers.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/crush3d-123862?pageSize=All&categoryIdentifier=203225&sortBy=MOST_POPULAR_DESC
    I has a 3ds. 21.50 euro Is that good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

http://www.game.co.uk/en/farming-simulator-2011-platinum-149396?categoryIdentifier=203225
    Bargain!

No but really there are some good offers for console gamers.

joking aside that is a bargain i have a lad into Farming Sim and the DL mods, this is 23euro anywhere else I looked at over XMas , there is no 2012 version and this included the expansion pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

The Sims 3 Expanion packs on sale on amazon.com:

Generations ($13.59)
    Late Night ($13.59)
    Ambitions ($10.19)
    World Adventures ($10.19)
    High End Loft Stuff ($6.79)
    Fast Lane ($6.79)
    Outdoor living Stuff ($6.79)
    Pets ($19.99)
    Master Suits Stuff ($19.99)

Amazon have lowered their prices to compete with Steam's 66% off sale, the Steam sale ends tomorrow so not sure how long this will last.

EDIT:You will be directed to the sims 3 website to activate your product code, Origin doesn't activate it itself. I have succesfully activate the product code on The Sims 3 website.

Also, when you register World Adventures you get $10 worth of Sim Points to be used at the store.

Most of the game deals are showing as out of stock unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Deus EX HR on sale again €12.49

Augemented Edition €14.99

(Steam Activation)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement