Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Anybody else having trouble buying from Steam
    Anytime I go to a different part of the store, whatever is in my cart disappears and sometimes I get errors saying "sorry we can't add that game now"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Got a few page loading problems with it atm. Gonna get Test Drive Unlimited 2, sweet at that price. Any good, i liked the first one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

Its working fine for me, just got Saints Row 2 for €4.99

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭Nollog

Never heard of the indie royale bundle...have the previous games been any good? worth blindly ordering?

I've bought their first two bundles.
    First:
    A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda
    Gemini Rue
    Sanctum
    Nimbus

Second:
    NightSky
    Fate of the World
    Scoregasm
    Ben There, Dan That! and Time Gentlemen, Please!

I'd say so, you'll be getting at least 4 games for less than 3 euro either way though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Everyone should get Oddworld and AVP 2000 for less than 3 quid for the 3 games.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/949/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/3730/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Steam Autumn sale on steam..

Picked up Mass Effect 1 , Mass Effect 2 Deluxe ,Duke Nukem and Orcs Must Die ( plus dlc for the last two ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Clover wrote: »
    Picked up Mass Effect 1 , Mass Effect 2 Deluxe ,Duke Nukem and Orcs Must Die ( plus dlc for the last two ).
    Bought Orcs Must Die and it's DLC there too. I think Frozen Synapse is half price on the sale as well - Well worth it imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Tinie wrote: »

I wouldn't support a company that won't acknowledge the sources of code they've used...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66606693&postcount=56

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Monotype wrote: »
    I wouldn't support a company that won't acknowledge the sources of code they've used...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66606693&postcount=56

Thanks :) It's really nice to see things like this! All they offered me was a free copy of AvP 2010 and I didn't even get that in the end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,686 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was planning on going in and buying Skyrim from HMV today. Does anyone know or heard if any shops will have black friday sales like gamestop.ie. Would hate to get it today and then see it discounted tomorrow.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I'm at work at the moment and won't be able to login to Steam until tomorrow evening, I'd say. I can't visit gaming websites either thanks to Websense.

Does anyone know how long the Sale will be running for?

Also, would anyone be so kind as to list all the games and prices here? It's a big ask, I know, and all I can offer is a Thanks but it might help lots of others like myself who can't get to their beloved Steam accounts at such an important time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

@mcmoustache - see here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056460441

Daily deals today (til 6pm i think): http://i.imgur.com/uYUer.jpg

as Antar said, don't buy any game that isn't on the daily deal until the last day (which is the 27th Nov, sunday)

there's over 1,600 items reduced so will take a while to list them all :P

Does anyone know how long the Sale will be running for?

Each day from 6PM to 5:59PM Irish time until the 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I was planning on going in and buying Skyrim from HMV today. Does anyone know or heard if any shops will have black friday sales like gamestop.ie. Would hate to get it today and then see it discounted tomorrow.

Thanks!

I would just pick it up whenever you can, its not gonna be on sale so soon, doubt it would be in next years Black Friday sales either, judging by its popularity. Seems most stores this side of the pond see it as a way to get rid of the problem stock like s****y movie tie ins and just plain bad games.

Damn Americans and their amazing Black Friday deals :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

don't know if this has been posted or not but the GAME.co.uk website has some really good deals on at the moment ... like buy 1 get 1 free and a good selection of pc games like Skyrim/shogun2/civ5 and the like....... plus its only 2.80p posted to ireland .. :D

Thanks!

The bottom line with sales is:
    If you can wait, wait.
    If you want it now, buy it at full price.

Thanks!

if you get it cheaper on Friday buy it but the PS3 version has issues with large save files, there's a patch out next week for all versions so probably best to wait and see what it's about, unless you get it cheaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

On Gamestop.ie: Uncharted 3 is only €24.97 while stocks last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,337 ✭✭✭✭noodler

On Gamestop.ie: Uncharted 3 is only €24.97 while stocks last.

Gone already!

Really sad about that! Wanted this for Xmas and didn't wanna pay full price!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

G2play have their Black Friday deals going including:
    Modern Warfare 3: 13.99
    Space Marine: 10.99
    The Witcher 2: 10.99
    NFS Shift: 5.99
    Red Orchestra 2: 10.99
    Duke Nukem: 8.99

All but the Duke worth the punt!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Enderman wrote: »
    G2play have their Black Friday deals going including:
    Modern Warfare 3: 13.99
    Space Marine: 10.99
    The Witcher 2: 10.99
    NFS Shift: 5.99
    Red Orchestra 2: 10.99
    Duke Nukem: 8.99

All but the Duke worth the punt!

Thats savage. How safe are these guys? Anyone have any experience with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Today's Amazon offers

4pm WWE 12

5pm "Surrender is not an option on Black Friday."

8pm "Come on down - we’re going the extra mile."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Xbox Live offers (today only)

Marvel vs Capcom 2 320 points (was 1200)

Warhammer 40,000 Kill Team 400 points (was 800)

Full House Poker 400 points (was 800)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Thats savage. How safe are these guys? Anyone have any experience with them?

Had none whatsoever. All my keys arrived within 5 minutes of purchase. MW3 is a russian version though. You have to get a Russian VPN, log into Steam and activate it that way. Worked fine for me. Completely legal by the way.

Do you know of a russian VPN i can use?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

g2play are legit, it's fine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Do you know of a russian VPN i can use?
    You dont always need a VPN to buy from them. Just a lot of the cheaper ones.

• Advertisement

I need a vpn to activate MW3 as its a russian version

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement