Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

yeah they do, they'd be stupid not to, makes them some amount of money, a while ago I traded in two games on the list, bought me a brand new game and had 7 euro left over. See how much you get for each game instead of just accepting the deal

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

that deal was great when it came out. there were alot of old/oldish games on it. you could make a really good bargain. i check list now and there are mainly new games on it.

maybe that deal was great back then and bit gamestop up its arse, but now its the other way around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

yup modern warfare 3, battlefield 3 and other games yet to be released are on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Any idea how much there giving trading for gears 3 in GAME/Gamestop/xtra-vision ? I've rang them up but they keep telling me I have to bring it in because I want to get Forza 4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

blobby360 wrote: »
    Any idea how much there giving trading for gears 3 in GAME/Gamestop/xtra-vision ? I've rang them up but they keep telling me I have to bring it in because I want to get Forza 4

Game will trade gears 3 great deal you will pick forza up with gears and 99 cent;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Posted this in the BA thread too.

I picked up Batman: Arkham City for a copy of RAGE and 2euro in HMV. You can also trade in Forza 4 instead of RAGE. Arkham city is available in both Xbox360 and PS3 formats.

I saw the offer in the Crescent shopping center in Limerick but i'm assuming its in all HMV's. Hope i'm not wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

kendragon wrote: »
    Posted this in the BA thread too.

I picked up Batman: Arkham City for a copy of RAGE and 2euro in HMV.

Thank you. That's RAGE gone tomorrow so. Best looking game on the 360 but by god it's dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Thank you. That's RAGE gone tomorrow so. Best looking game on the 360 but by god it's dull.

Somebody on BA replied to my thread saying that Game have a better offer. Basically trade RAGE or Forza 4 and get Arkham City for only 99cent and you get the Robin DLC. Kicking myself that I didnt know about it beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CasualLiKE

Anyone know the best place/shop to trade up games towards a new one? Thinking of trading in L.A Noire, AC:Brotherhood, Fallout New vegas and Deus Ex (maybe).

What kind of deal am I looking at here with stores that accept in trades. I'm looking for the best deal possible, as I want to buy Battlefield 3. Where would be the best place to get a good deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

CasualLiKE wrote: »
    Anyone know the best place/shop to trade up games towards a new one? Thinking of trading in L.A Noire, AC:Brotherhood, Fallout New vegas and Deus Ex (maybe).

What kind of deal am I looking at here with stores that accept in trades. I'm looking for the best deal possible, as I want to buy Battlefield 3. Where would be the best place to get a good deal?

Best thing to do would be to try all your nearby stores and see which one gives the most. I think xtra vision or smyths are usually the highest. If you want to get the most out of the games though, you might be better off selling them yourself on adverts.ie. Since 3 of your games aren't that new ( la noire, brotherhood, new vegas) you might not get too much trade in for them, I might be wrong though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Halloween specials on Gamersgate

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Halloween specials on Gamersgate

Thanks! Picked up amnesia: dark decent, even though I know I'll never play it :o:pac:

I'd recommend Fear 1&2 to anyone at that price too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

KonFusion wrote: »
    Thanks! Picked up amnesia: dark decent, even though I know I'll never play it :o:pac:

You probably won't, as it's f*cking right scary! Iv had the game id say almost a year and Iv only played an hour of it :o. It's a game you can handle in only very small doses as it really is tense and scary as hell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

You probably won't, as it's f*cking right scary! Iv had the game id say almost a year and Iv only played an hour of it :o. It's a game you can handle in only very small doses as it really is tense and scary as hell

Palpatations FTW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I've had it installed for over a year and have managed to play 14 mins of it. I'm not sure I want to go back to it for fear of shítting myself! Very tense stuff.

I will go back to it, maybe when I become a man:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I will go back to it, maybe when I become a man:o

Fingers crossed for the operation.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Big halloween sale on steam. Picked up painkiller bundle for a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

KonFusion wrote: »
    Big halloween sale on steam. Picked up painkiller bundle for a fiver.

Saw that, wallet started crying afterwards.

€3 for Amnesia is silly money, also €8 for the complete Killing Floor is a steal (but I am biased as Ive sunk over 100 hours into it and STILL not near max rank in all perks) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭Nollog

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/12085/
    This is obviously the best deal of the sale.

Picked up amnesia, and thinking about penumbra.
    If you're interested in penumbra, save a cent by getting the two separately rather than the bundle.
    I never understand why it's always this way on steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

/\/ollog wrote: »
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/12085/
    This is obviously the best deal of the sale.

Picked up amnesia, and thinking about penumbra.
    If you're interested in penumbra, save a cent by getting the two separately rather than the bundle.
    I never understand why it's always this way on steam.

Is the Penumbra pack worth getting? I know it's less than a fiver but I already have plenty of Steam games that I may never play, I want to (try at least) to only get ones that I will actually play from now on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Is the Penumbra pack worth getting? I know it's less than a fiver but I already have plenty of Steam games that I may never play, I want to (try at least) to only get ones that I will actually play from now on!

Penumbra: Black Plague is the best the series has to offer according to reviews. While it's my favourite survival horror game I don't feel I'm missing out having not played the other entries in the series.

I did buy Amnesia when it was released shortly after I completed Black Plague. Haven't started it yet. You have to be in the right mood to play these games... they can be intense.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Amnesia is seriously tough to play. Try your best to play it on your own, at night, with the sound up load. It's seriously scary. I can't play it for more than 30 minutes or so without freaking out :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Kiith wrote: »
    Amnesia is seriously tough to play. Try your best to play it on your own, at night, with the sound up load. It's seriously scary. I can't play it for more than 30 minutes or so without freaking out :o

That's still 20 minutes more than me :( :pac:

I highly recommend Killing Floor, it's mindless shooty fun but the weapons in it are fantastic, probably one of the best games that get the feel and sound of a weapon just so right. Soundtrack is great too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Picked up Borderlands GotY edition for €7.49 there. I do love Steam sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭Nollog

Mr Bloat wrote: »

I was told it's amnesia, but slightly less scary since you can attack the monster things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Some Halloween ones on GOG.com too:

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/halloween_2011/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=game_subject&utm_campaign=halloween_2011

Am thinking I'll pick up Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption and Gabriel Knight 1.

I'd also highly recommend Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, one of the best RPGs ever, only €3.59:

http://impulsedriven.com/vampire

Alternatively, Steam for a fiver: http://store.steampowered.com/app/2600/?snr=1_614_615_scary_sale_2011_616_50

(I'm not sure if the must-have community patch works with the Impulse version.)

P.

oceanclub wrote: »
    Some Halloween ones on GOG.com too:

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/halloween_2011/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=game_subject&utm_campaign=halloween_2011

Am thinking I'll pick up Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption and Gabriel Knight 1.

I'd also highly recommend Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, one of the best RPGs ever, only €3.59:

http://impulsedriven.com/vampire

Alternatively, Steam for a fiver: http://store.steampowered.com/app/2600/?snr=1_614_615_scary_sale_2011_616_50

(I'm not sure if the must-have community patch works with the Impulse version.)

P.

+1 on Bloodlines. Fantastic RPG and well worth the money at that price.. The patch is definitely a must have though, and according to the steam forums the latest patch is available on steam. (Link here and here)

It also apparently works on the impulse version (source)
    Just bought the impulse version so will post to confirm.

Edit: I can confirm the latest patch works on impulse. (Latest patch)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

haloweenIE.jpg

Just saw a Halloween sale this weekend at GameStop. It's so spooky I shat my pants when I saw Driver. Still, I love the GameStop service and there may be something that tickles your fancies later this weekend if you like your fancies tickled.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Picked up Amnesia, looking forward to getting the ****e scared out of me when im not playing BF3! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Borderlands and all dlc for €7.50 on steam :)

Already had the game on disc, cheaper to buy this than buy the dlc separate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement