Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychics & Mediums (ask questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

mark13 banned. Vimes, if you want to make smart ass comments go to AH. Consider this a warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭mysteria

I've been training psychics and healers since 1984 Liza, I'm an author mostly now and have a very small clientele for readings in the states, I gave up doing them about 8 or 9 years ago. I'm building a new web page, you can find out more about me there. Thanks for the info Liza, I was'nt criticizing Dymphna but during the 25+ years when I saw clients for readings I always asked everyone who else they had seen and what they thought of the reader. Mainly for research purposes, and of course I'd really love to get a good reading myself. I have been to so many readers but have always been disappointed.And your background in this field? Blessed Be*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Liza

Hi Mysteria

As I mentioned in the last post I have no background in the field but I have been to see many Mediums throughout my life...

I was reading some of you previous posts and you dont seem to have a great opinion of any Meduims not even the really well known ones! You reckon Doris Stokes was proven to be fake that is another point I disagree with. Doris held a huge Demonstration in the Oprea House in Australia she also held a big Demonstration in the Pladium in London them two Demonstration are an exsample of her talent as she is remembered by by both Demonstrations this is why Doris Stokes is well known. Anyone that can stand on a stage and connect with loved ones of the audiance I believe they deserve a pat on the back not many Mediums can do this....

I was just thinking if you are well qualified in the field I was hoping to get a taste of your talent...You speak Highley of yourself and I think anyone that has that kind of opinion on themselves must be worth seeing!

I would love a little demonstration on your talent. On your prev Post you offer a reading through PM I would be greatful if you could pick anything up on me....

I offered a trade to another professional, an "exchange" reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Liza

Hi everybody I was just wondering did anybody check out the demonstration in wicklow....If so how did you get on?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

i don't know if any of you have seen Colin Fry or Tony Stockwell on sky or if you have heard of them but they are going to be in the helix in dublin in March (they're going to be in other parts of Ireland too but you would have to check their websites for the places and dates). i went to see them last year and even though no one came through for me it was a nice evening out. there's more of us going this year so fingers crossed we'll be lucky this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Mandz, I was at the Helix last year too, they are both fantastic though I didnt get a reading myself either. I have my tickets bought for the 23rd March and there is info about the tour on my site www.6thsensitive.com in the news section.

6th

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

i've tickets for that night too!! think i'm in row j or k. Can't wait to go. have to say i think i prefer Colin Fry as i found him a gentler soul plus he was nicer when we spoke to them after. Was funny though as my aunt is in love with Tony so we had to prize her away to go home that night

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Evadyl

Hi

Could somebody please pm me Carol Byrnes number as I'm interested in going to see her as I've heard great things. Also there's a guy in Tara Co. Meath who is a medium and also a reiki master. Does anyone have a name and number for him as I believe he's excellent.

Anyone heard of a Paul Williams near Firhouse. My sis going to see him this week. Just wondering if he's any good?

Thanks a mill

Evadyl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kwan yin

H i Everyone,
    Does anyone know of a medium named Sean who lives in Clonee.
    I would be interested to know if he is good.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

anyone know a good one in dublin? my interest has been piqued!

Patricia O' Conor in Sandyford.

I was there today actually. My first time.
    She does Tarot cards, but I got the impression that she just takes them as a basis for what she's going to say. She seemed quite gifted but not weird if you know what I mean. She's a friendly, motherly type of person. Before I went people where saying that it's just some random waffling, but I was shocked about how specific her comments where.
    Also, you get a tape of the session (a session is around 30 minutes) which is great cos you have something to take with you to listen to again afterwards. Just, have questions prepared in advance. She freaked me with one of her answers and I just cried through all of it and couldn't think of any more questions to ask, which I now regret....should have been better prepared.
    PM me if you need contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 princess27

Has anyone had a reading with Una Power and if so what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Serina

If anybody has Carol Byrne's or John O Sheas number can you pm me please?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Shinners23

I have been to a number of mediums and fortune tellers - here are a few.

Patricia in Sandyford - not great -

Christine in Portlaoise - She is a medium primarily. Not good for cards but if you've lost a loved one she is amazing.

Billy in Mullingar - amazing guy - best I've been too

Una Power - asks too many questions

Evelyn in Lucan - alot of people find her brill - but not for me

Michelle in Temple Bar - Not great

So there are just a selection - If anyone would like numbers - pm me

Well done shinners we needed someone like you to come along. We've covered a nice range of areas too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Shinners23

Thanks but I would love to get the number of the lady in Walkinstown if anyone could help me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭New_Departure06

I agree that Colin Fry is a most impressive medium.

I'm with you there ND and i like Stockwell too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Pink Bunny

Kate O' Halleran in Croom came highly recommended but she was totally off base on about 90% of her reading. The small times she was correct about were very general things, like a loved one died of cancer, etc... things that could apply to most ppl.

However the person that recommended her said she was uncanny in her knowledge of names, details etc... for not only himself but also others in his family that had readings in the past.

So my question is how can a true psychic be that far off? I'd think if you have the gift you have it, if you don't you don't.

Any ideas?

P.S The person she did the reading for was very open and went to the reading with the belief that this woman was the real thing, so if state of mind influences readings effects the outcome the reading should have been a success.

I think its a case of interpritation. The way i have gotten information in the past is not very straight forward and its up to me to figure it out. If someone is trying to apply certain information to someone else there is always the chance they will make mistakes.

I guess you get better with experiences but anyone cant get it wrong. If there were people with 100% accurancy it would get alot more attention than it does.

• Advertisement

I think you'll find most personal psychic readings are pretty hit and miss. For example, if you told 10 different people they would get a new job, meet someone they fancy, move home, go on holiday and have some good luck every one of those people could more than likely identify with at least one thing you've said. The problem with using real psi energy is that it is weak and inconsistent, so even a very genuine psychic has good and bad days. Also many gifted psychics are taken over by greed and/or ego when they start seeing lots of people, using real psi energy is very draining and you need to rest and recharge between sessions. I've met most of the media/TV spiritualist/mediums, and seen all of them in action on TV, and believe me that's just entertainment, no reality or integrity involved. Thanks for the enquiry Liza but I only have a very small clientele I've worked with for many years, mostly in the USA. I mostly write, teach and lecture now. If you check my website you'll see my credentials :)
    Blessed Be,
    Mysteria

mysteria wrote:
    I've met most of the media/TV spiritualist/mediums, and seen all of them in action on TV, and believe me that's just entertainment, no reality or integrity involved.

But surely we cant just take your word for it? basically you have just said all the media/TV spiritualist/mediums are fakes in that nothing they do is based in reality?

Would the same apply to everyone who mans psychic lines, write for tabloids etc?

Sorry but i'm not willing to someone come in here and say "oh tv psychics? they are all fake ... i'm genuine though".

Maybe you can give us a list of who you do approve of seeing as this is a thread people are using to get details for mediums for the purpose of contacting them?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

mysteria wrote:
    I think you'll find most personal psychic readings are pretty hit and miss. For example, if you told 10 different people they would get a new job, meet someone they fancy, move home, go on holiday and have some good luck every one of those people could more than likely identify with at least one thing you've said. The problem with using real psi energy is that it is weak and inconsistent, so even a very genuine psychic has good and bad days. Also many gifted psychics are taken over by greed and/or ego when they start seeing lots of people, using real psi energy is very draining and you need to rest and recharge between sessions. I've met most of the media/TV spiritualist/mediums, and seen all of them in action on TV, and believe me that's just entertainment, no reality or integrity involved. Thanks for the enquiry Liza but I only have a very small clientele I've worked with for many years, mostly in the USA. I mostly write, teach and lecture now. If you check my website you'll see my credentials :)
    Blessed Be,
    Mysteria
    I agree with some of what you are saying here, re random information and not becoming drained or 'pushing' the gift. As you have said, you may need to recharge sometimes if you overdo things, but generally, its quite invigorating :) As 6th has mentioned its a bit unfair to say 'Ive met them all, and theyre all fake" Comes across as quite an arrogant attitude, which Im sure you didnt intend.

You seem to know everything 6th, why don't you give people a list of genuine mediums then. I can't because I've never met one anywhere in the world who works as a full time medium and can at will contact someone in the next world to pass on messages to us. If there was I think we'd all know about it. It takes years of research and work in this field to spot the difference between who is genuine and sincere, and the showmen/chancers who give others a bad name. There is a talent some possess commonly called mediumship,which I feel works if we invite Spirits from the Aferworld to talk to us. It works occasionally, frequently for some, but it is very difficult to produce at will unless one is versed in esoteric & breathing techniques etc. and approached with the right type of respect/Energy.

Unfortunately it's true, KatieK,as I turned down appearing on Most Haunted myself and work (and stay at his home) with Richard Felix who is a really great guy, a sincere person, the historian with MH. So it's "not fair" for me to tell the truth? At this stage I'm past caring about how I come across to people, those who know where I'm coming from will get the message.

KatieK wrote:
    As you have said, you may need to recharge sometimes if you overdo things, but generally, its quite invigorating :)

I completely agree, there are times I have felt so full of life!
    mysteria wrote:
    You seem to know everything 6th,

Thank you is that your professional opinion? ;) However I can see nowhere where i claimed to know everything - infact i can only see posts where i claim to be an enthusiastic amateur?
    mysteria wrote:
    why don't you give people a list of genuine mediums then. I can't because I've never met one anywhere in the world who works as a full time medium and can at will contact someone in the next world to pass on messages to us. If there was I think we'd all know about it. It takes years of research and work in this field to spot the difference between who is genuine and sincere, and the showmen/chancers who give others a bad name. There is a talent some possess commonly called mediumship,which I feel works if we invite Spirits from the Aferworld to talk to us. It works occasionally, frequently for some, but it is very difficult to produce at will unless one is versed in esoteric & breathing techniques etc. and approached with the right type of respect/Energy.

I'm also not saying that all psychic are genuine but you seem to think its black and white - you say all tv psychic are fake, therefore if i disagree with you i must be saying they are all genuine? I fully agree that it is hit and miss and that anyone can have a bad day, infact:
    6th wrote:
    I think its a case of interpritation. The way i have gotten information in the past is not very straight forward and its up to me to figure it out. If someone is trying to apply certain information to someone else there is always the chance they will make mistakes.

I guess you get better with experiences but anyone cant get it wrong. If there were people with 100% accurancy it would get alot more attention than it does.

I have always pushed respect towards spirits with people i meet and those from here who have met me will agree (i hope ;))

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

mysteria wrote:
    Unfortunately it's true, KatieK,as I turned down appearing on Most Haunted myself and work (and stay at his home) with Richard Felix who is a really great guy, a sincere person, the historian with MH. So it's "not fair" for me to tell the truth? At this stage I'm past caring about how I come across to people, those who know where I'm coming from will get the message.
    Ive said before many times we are so open to misinterpretation here its not funny. Yours was a sweeping statement, even if as you say, its based on firsthand experience, and you did sound arrogant, thats all. I might meet all the people you have and think theyre fab, who knows? But hey, you dont care anyway:D

I actually dont know where you are coming from, and am interested to know, and please dont interpret me as being in anyway hostile. You come across as knowledgable but in a superior way to me and I often feel outgunned by you intellectually :D

Im the sort for whom credentials dont hold much sway, I prefer to get to know and get a sense of a person, and thats frustratingly hard here.

mysteria wrote:

The truth? surely you mean your "opinion"? If you have evidence that every tv psychic you ahve met is fake please do tell.

So far I have only read evidence that most haunted was faked, and i mean the show came into question not just Derek Acorah. In Will Storrs book "Will Storr v's the Supernatural" he tell of "borrowing" a producers schedeul and seeing that it was marked for when some occurances where to happen on the night. So for me I have now to take everything to do with Mh with a pinch of salt and that means everyone too, including Richard Felix. Derek Acorah alegedly had access to details of the locations - did he get them from the historian who worked for MH and knew most about the place?

But of course you are involved professional with Richard Felix so he is above reproach - coz if he wasnt and your work is associate with him then maybe some would think you are not as genuine as you say?

Try and stick to the topic 6th!

• Advertisement

KatieK wrote:
    Im the sort for whom credentials dont hold much sway, I prefer to get to know and get a sense of a person, and thats frustratingly hard here.

Indeed, its a very personal area so i think meeting a person face to face is the best way to know them. I tend be be impressed by the person - not their claims. I have alot of respect for the "amateurs" on here and hold them in higher regard than most.

Advertisement