Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychics & Mediums (ask questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Who's the guy in Tallaght? Small thin guy with dark hair?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 unicorn2

6th wrote: »
    Who's the guy in Tallaght? Small thin guy with dark hair?

No stocky guy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

unicorn2 wrote: »
    There's a bloke who is a medium and also does Tarot he is in Tallaght but will come to you he is really good..can see him pretty quick compared to the waiting list for Dympna (never been but heard she's good)
    I sound obsessed too :eek:

and his name is?

I like this game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 unicorn2

aye wrote: »
    and his name is?

His names Martin don't know his surname..pm me if you want his number

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭minnie_mouse

Hi, Does anyone have any details for the psychic Louis king, where she's based, phone number etc..cheers

Lou works out of Crystal Wings on Aungier Streets on Thursdays and Saturdays. You can get her details from www.thetarotacademy.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 TOPGUN25

Hi, I read this thread with great interest every day. I love reading everyones stories good or bad. I was wondering could anyone please tell me Carol Byrne's number? I visited her many years ago in clondalkin and would like to see her again. I would really happy if someone could pass her details to me. Thank you.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭minnie_mouse

cheers thanx a mill 6th! I heard she was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Q For Mods:

My mates dad is a medium and he's doin some shows soon, is it ok to post a thread of info about it???????

• Advertisement

Drop me a Pm anyway unreggd and I'll pop it up on my sites/blogs.

Cheers for that, its up on my blog here: http://6thsensitive.blogspot.com/

I might try make it along on Sunday but if not I'll make the one in April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jenjenlorimer

Hi,
    I live in Kilkenny and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good psychic in the South East? I am willing to travel on good enough recommendations!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

unreggd wrote: »
    Q For Mods:

My mates dad is a medium and he's doin some shows soon, is it ok to post a thread of info about it???????
    If you're doing it because he asked you to then it's advertising and it's not allowed.

But, if you're doing it because you think he's good and you think people here might be interested then it's word-of-mouth and it's very much encouraged :)

There's one small exception to that in relation to shows and their venues/promoters. Have a quick read of this just to make sure it's ok. If you're not sure about any of it feel free to drop me a pm.

Thanks,
    Steve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

No he didnt ask I just thought some people might be interested in going to his shows cos he's good

And no, nothin to do with They who may not be named

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jocol

Hi All

I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone would have Mary Hughes' number, have been looking for ages, the last i heard of her was when she was in Terenure. Also if anyone has Carol's number, was with her a couple of times a few years ago and found her very good. Lost my Dad 3 weeks ago and would really like to see a medium. Do you think it would be too soon to get a good reading from a medium? I heard that sometimes you shouild wait a couple of months before they can "connect" to the person who passed. I would really appreciate if you could pm me with any of the above numbers. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ShellyB

Hey all! I'm going to see Carol Byrne tomorrow night & really looking forward to it - can anyone tell me how much does she charge and does she use a tape recorder? Will let you know how it goes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

Has anyone here heard of Christine Holohan, Stradbally portlaoise. If you have I would appreciate it if you could pm her number to me. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 wb1

jocol wrote: »
    Hi All

I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone would have Mary Hughes' number, have been looking for ages, the last i heard of her was when she was in Terenure. Also if anyone has Carol's number, was with her a couple of times a few years ago and found her very good. Lost my Dad 3 weeks ago and would really like to see a medium. Do you think it would be too soon to get a good reading from a medium? I heard that sometimes you shouild wait a couple of months before they can "connect" to the person who passed. I would really appreciate if you could pm me with any of the above numbers. Thanks
    i know a lot about medium and i am not telling u what to do but if i was you i would wait a while.... it does,nt mean that if you went to c someone that your da would not connect...spirit can connect stright away... but for yourself you should give yourself time to grieve....you might think ur ready but it could be a little to much for you to soon...if u wait awhile it will be wonderfull when u do hear from him....hope this helps

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Hi all,

I've been looking back over this thread and I think it's been a huge success. Thanks to all the people who have been posting on it.

I think there's a lot of potential around the subject in general, and I think the best way to realise that might be try and create a seperate subforum especially for psychics, mediums and readers etc.

This would allow far more space for people to discuss their readings individually, for people to ask for and pass on recommendations for readers, possibly a seperate thread to contain contact details. I also know there's some people using the forum who are learning these skills themselves and this could be a place for them to discuss those skills, for people to discuss how they think this kind of thing works. There has also been talk before about people giving online readings for fun, which is something that has been hugely popular on other forums and I think could work very well here.

Anyhow, I wanted to post here before actually proposing the forum to see what people. Is it the kind of thing you would like to see? Is it something you would use?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

stevenmu wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've been looking back over this thread and I think it's been a huge success. Thanks to all the people who have been posting on it.

I think there's a lot of potential around the subject in general, and I think the best way to realise that might be try and create a seperate subforum especially for psychics, mediums and readers etc.

This would allow far more space for people to discuss their readings individually, for people to ask for and pass on recommendations for readers, possibly a seperate thread to contain contact details. I also know there's some people using the forum who are learning these skills themselves and this could be a place for them to discuss those skills, for people to discuss how they think this kind of thing works. There has also been talk before about people giving online readings for fun, which is something that has been hugely popular on other forums and I think could work very well here.

Anyhow, I wanted to post here before actually proposing the forum to see what people. Is it the kind of thing you would like to see? Is it something you would use?

Yes that would be of a big interest to me, Im training and getting involved with the SNU at the moment so its where my head is at. Im beginning to get quite involved and am building up good contacts which hopefully I could share. Theres quite a void for anyone trying to train or find a good reader here. A dedicated subforum would be welcome.

And it would tidy up the general paranormal forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ladybirdirl

Sounds like a good idea to me, the only way I could see it going astray would be around the area of people advertising... I presume a sticky thing could set the rules though!

Good idea Mr Moderator!

Ladybird

I think it would work as a sub forum. That said with the propsed Boardsean Times forum suggestion over in the Forums Forums I think this whole forum could do with a shake up.

I know back when the Spirituality forum was suggested you Steven said that it should be for the belief based stuff while Paranormal should be kept for the "Weirder" stuff. Seems Paranormal has alot of things which "could" be moved over there. Spiritualty has just stickied Reiki as a topic which is great but we'll probably still get stuff here.

Only my observations.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

6th wrote: »
    I think it would work as a sub forum. That said with the propsed Boardsean Times forum suggestion over in the Forums Forums I think this whole forum could do with a shake up.

I know back when the Spirituality forum was suggested you Steven said that it should be for the belief based stuff while Paranormal should be kept for the "Weirder" stuff. Seems Paranormal has alot of things which "could" be moved over there. Spiritualty has just stickied Reiki as a topic which is great but we'll probably still get stuff here.

Only my observations.

All that stuff could be subbed under healing in either place.

But of the 2 places which is the right place?

Spiritualty seems to be the rightful place but I think Paranormal would work better because its more popular ... though thats the wrong reason to do it.

I'm sure it will work no matter what way it gets sorted. At this stage I think any change is good news for the forum, so I'll support it.

I think this is a brillant idea. Its hard sometimes to post some of this stuff up in the paranormal fourm as sometimes its not really clear if it belongs or not and it does get more attention here. I am at the moment doing a podcast thing about mediums /psychics with mediums and what I am hopfully going to acheive is putting the mechainics of mediumship etc out there.

THIS HAS MY FULL SUPPORT....

great idea... i have been a member for a while now and dont have much to say.....but know a lot about medium...i have been involved with it for 12 years and i find a lot of people have a lot of questions on it and to set up a subform just for this to help people to understand it or how it works....when u go for a reading the mediums dont have time to explain what there doing or how it works....this way they just might get the chance.
    stevenmu wrote: »
    Hi all,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

wb1 wrote: »
    great idea... i have been a member for a while now and dont have much to say.....but know a lot about medium...i have been involved with it for 12 years and i find a lot of people have a lot of questions on it and to set up a subform just for this to help people to understand it or how it works....when u go for a reading the mediums dont have time to explain what there doing or how it works....this way they just might get the chance.

oh dear, i would have to say,id be very disappointed in a medium who didnt have time to explain to a first timer how it works,it only takes 5 mins to outline whats about to happen,to help ease the sitter and not frighten them,i strongly feel this is as important as the communication itself. If a medium feels they dont have the time to spend explaining how it works then they really ought to rethink why there even bothering to do readings. What good is it diving right into it for a person whos a first timer,who hasnt a clue whats going on?
    just my opinion, im full of ethics and people care,for both sides.

[if a medium did,nt OUTLINE what they were doing that would be very wrong.. thats not what i was saying. What i was suggesting was for people who know about medium to explain in depth some questions people might like to ask. There is so many different forms of medium and i,d like to find out more about them and what ones people use.I would not be asking the person that was reading for me all these questions i,d be more intrested in who they were connecting to.

QUOTE=karynp;55022907]oh dear, i would have to say,id be very disappointed in a medium who didnt have time to explain to a first timer how it works,it only takes 5 mins to outline whats about to happen,to help ease the sitter and not frighten them,i strongly feel this is as important as the communication itself. If a medium feels they dont have the time to spend explaining how it works then they really ought to rethink why there even bothering to do readings. What good is it diving right into it for a person whos a first timer,who hasnt a clue whats going on?
    just my opinion, im full of ethics and people care,for both sides.[/QUOTE]

Outlining what is about to happen, of course is something that should be done. But how many of these sitters understand what the medium has just tried to explain, it is near to impossible job to explain in five minutes what has taken you to learn over years and most likely continue to learn for the rest of your life... Every sitter would be different and every sitter will take away their understanding of what has been explained mixed with their own understanding and this will and always will be the way and while there is nothing wrong about that, I would like to see more mediums/psychics/healers using places like this to give maybe a fuller understanding to people of what they do.

I have just done an interview with Dennis Curran from Athy and in this I bascially allowed him to speak and explain his understanding or therory of what spirituality and mediumship etc is all about. I found this so interesting, while I maynot have understood in the way he does or even at the level he does, I still found it good and right to listen and of course I will take what I will from this. I will post it up here and I am sure people will take different opinions and different understandings of what he speaks about, but a least the chance to listen will have been given.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

wb1 wrote: »
    [if a medium did,nt OUTLINE what they were doing that would be very wrong.. thats not what i was saying. What i was suggesting was for people who know about medium to explain in depth some questions people might like to ask. There is so many different forms of medium and i,d like to find out more about them and what ones people use.I would not be asking the person that was reading for me all these questions i,d be more intrested in who they were connecting to.

Aha, I get you now,yes,agree,most certainly is a good suggestion.
    My impression was that you were talking about someone just going for a reading,and not been told what was about to take place. :)
    :)

Advertisement