Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are all the UL Business Students??

Options
  • 08-01-2006 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭

Hey you guys,

it's been a while since i was a regular on this site, if i ever was, but now i'm down in UL, and everywhere i look there are nothing but Computer Systems guys posting on this site [understandable]....but where are all the Business Students??

there are over 400 in 1st year alone this year, and probably as much in the past three years...basic maths tells me there are over 1000 of us Business Students lingering about!

So come on out and start posting!
    Surely we should have some craic on this site... then again if u want to keep up the "they're Business students" rap that has the Computer Systems laughing at us, then stay away.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

*chuckle*

buisness :v:

better than arts I suppose...tho Pete would say otherwise ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

kaimera wrote:
    *chuckle*

buisness :v:

better than arts I suppose...tho Pete would say otherwise ;)

Ah I know someone doing business *chortle*

Yes, yes, I do *love* the arts students! :v:

thought 'love' was the wrong word?

'lust' perhaps? :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭chubba1984

As a person doing a mixture of business and arts I resent those comments!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Vuk

Don't worry about the arts n business comments we're all just jealous of the female to male ratios in those courses!
    After all CSIS stands for Courses for Sexually Isolated Students:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Vuk wrote:

Quiet you!

Mossin there are a load of people on this forum that aren't Computer Systems people. There's a few people from Arts courses and a few from Engineering aswell. Can't say anyone doing business has posted besides you (I'm probably wrong on this). Anyway the Comp Sys people probably tend to post the most on here.

Anyway come to one of the drinking sessions that we'll be having. There'll definately be one when we get back in Feburary, not sure about before the end of the exams but probably not at this stage.

Cheers
    Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Vuk wrote:

Speak for yourself Vuk. Really.

Vuk wrote:

awww, Al make a witty!

/me so proud. :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

this is what im talking about!! CSIS students even post on a business thread!!

im sorry if ye are jealous of the ratio of women to men but that may be because of your preferences!! :)

cant ye let business students post here, if nobody posts then so be it, if ye want somewhere to poke fun at us BBS people then fire away!

ye just know that when we graduate we will probably end up being your managers!!

and wont that suck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

look there is no need for this malarky. All you're doing is inciting a pointless flamewar, when we all know that comp sys and business have loads in common.
    They both have cotton wool for brains. :p

Now if you want a real degree.....become an engineer! :v:

• Advertisement

*snigger* engi :v:

down with that sort of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Careful now!

I had a list of science/engineering/arts jokes somewhere but they are so incredibly predictable that I wont bother to look for them.

kodute wrote:
    look there is no need for this malarky. All you're doing is inciting a pointless flamewar, when we all know that comp sys and business have loads in common.
    They both have cotton wool for brains. :p

Now if you want a real degree.....become an engineer! :v:

Ahem as the only person here who has been a computer scientist, a technologist and now an engineer I can safely say that there really is very little difference... This war between techies and engies is just pointless cos we all know neither course is better than the other, and sides they have loads in common. Except engies have to be good at maths!! :v:

So engineers - leave the computer geeks alone.
    Techies - leave the engineers alone and then we can all be one happy boards forum!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Yes, lets pool our resources against...... Business ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Hey, I joined to post on the xbox forum, but since I'm trying to dodge studying for my horrible economics exam tomorrow I said I'd post! I'm 2nd year Business and it's not all bad. In terms of the Male/Female thing... my girlfriend graduated from European Studies this year and in fairness the talent in my class and her's is far better than Engineering Courses (in general)... And thats not just random flaming, I started life as a computer engineering student before my hatred of coding helped me abandon that ship. On a side note my id is 01 and the year I started college there were some beautiful women in Comp Sys as well!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

440Hz wrote:

So engineers - leave the computer geeks alone.
    No! there easy prey

Nukem wrote:
    No! there easy prey

they're :rolleyes:

damn engi. :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

which is why one should do HPSS, because you're never exactly sure what you're studying, and it certainly won't lead to a defined career like Business/Engineering/Comp. anything will.

Tea, anyone? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭PlasseyMinstrel

Mossin wrote:
    ye just know that when we graduate we will probably end up being your managers!!
    If you do your homework you'll find the course that produces most company directors and managers is...
    Mechanical Engineering

Just a drop of milk in my tea please.

wait...wtf was the edit in my post for nuke?

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mike44

Come on lads we only want the business people to log in cos most of the girls that do business are hot. I have yet to see a hot girl in computer systems, we're extremely deprived!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

ur extremely deprived?! please you dont know the meaning of the word... im a girl in Mary I..
    .... I win!!:p

*snigger*

mary i :v:

i resent that snigger Kai:mad: ...lol! just wait till i ever see u.. il hit u for that comment!!!!

thats nice.

wasn't trying to be mean..just..*snigger* :v:.

ftr, I don't think we will cross each others paths tbh

u never know i could be teachng your children..lol:p
    and rmacm had offered (unbeknownst to him!:D ) to buy me my first snorting vodka shot..

whos rmacm?

can't say I know the wily fellow

kaimera wrote:
    ftr, I don't think we will cross each others paths tbh

can you ever be REALLY sure of that tho? id watch out anyway if I were you kai, she might be able to hit hard!

u dont know him:eek: ..lol
    u surely know him..he posted #7 on this thread...

• Advertisement

yes u can never b to sure..its a small world as they say...and yes i can hit hard..iv two older brothers that i practice on..lol:D

Advertisement