Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Highest '06 reg ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

samo wrote:
    Saw a BMW 5 series (520) in a petrol station in Lucan the other day 06-D-520

What message is that plate trying to send out? Maybe something like "Look at me, I've got a way-underpowered car that still cost a fortune".

Dermot

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Saw a Chevrolet this morning 06-WD-218
    The driver was practically afraid to drive it!
    Was behind him at a roundabout where he stopped for about 5 minutes looking every which way, before deciding to pull off (this was just after 7am so there wasn't that many cars on the road!!)
    Also did not know how to use his indicators!! And could not keep to his own lane.........

Sorry rant over!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Saw a 06 - KE - 555 blue Subaru Impreza in Kildare town tonight. Not a high number but a very suitable one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

mackerski wrote:
    What message is that plate trying to send out? Maybe something like "Look at me, I've got a way-underpowered car that still cost a fortune".

Dermot

sorry what do you regard as a satisfactory engine size for a new 5 series ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,226 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mackerski wrote:

LOL, I understand your point, Dermot. Why the hell would someone bother to spend €300 or whatever it is for that plate. Maybe the owner just wants a plate that's easy to remember

BTW, why do you call a car that does 0-100km/h in 9.0 seconds "way-underpowered"? My guess-based-on-nothing is that 95% of cars sold in this country are slower than that. Perhaps you adhere to very high standards :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Silvera wrote:
    It's probably best NOT to mention the type/model of car - just the reg number.
    (i.e. by posting the reg number only it means that anybody (who has any unlawful ideas) doesn't know what type of car it is).

(Thats why I didn't post the full reg of the 06 Chrysler 300C I spotted today. The reg 06-KE-805 was on a Ford .......notice I didn't say what model Ford it is ;)).

I'd suggest that above posters (or a mod) remove the make of car from their posts.

Eh? Anyone who has unlawful ideas just has to look around town or a carpark to clone any reg or car they want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

a 520 is not underpowered, its the slowest in the range but nothing to be ahemed of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

a 520 is not underpowered, its the slowest in the range but nothing to be ashamed of

true, but nothin to be flaunting either.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,143 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Only sad baxtards worry about this sort of thing!

I prefer the ZS etc regs, where you had to use a couple of (scarce) brain cells to work out the year......

:p

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Eh? Anyone who has unlawful ideas just has to look around town or a carpark to clone any reg or car they want!

Sure. But no doubt many of them must also use the net - why make it easy for them?!

If registrations only are posted here, nobody is 'any the wiser'! ;)

• Advertisement

esel wrote:
    Only sad baxtards worry about this sort of thing!

I prefer the ZS etc regs, where you had to use a couple of (scarce) brain cells to work out the year......

:p

or even better would be not having the year at all on the reg plates

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

So far I am the winner :p My mothers car : 06-D-3226 although there are many more on the road since the 3rd of january since it was registered. WE were told our reg went in at No. 1556 or something around that, and came back at the end of the day at 3226. That means over 1500 cars were registerd that day. So going on that note im sure they are over 5000 by now ? :confused:

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 22,143 ✭✭✭✭Esel

C_Breeze wrote:
    or even better would be not having the year at all on the reg plates

You may be :confused: thinking of 'ZV' plates - the ones I referred to are actual year of issue.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I heard a rumour that 666 or 999 were not given out each year, anyone know if this is the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

Tipsy Mac wrote:
    I heard a rumour that 666 or 999 were not given out each year, anyone know if this is the case?

Two neighbours of mine had 666 a few years ago. A hearse in Kilkenny had RIP 666 and a fire engine in Dundalk used to have XZY 999. I saw two ambulance-type 4x4s in Beaumont Hospital recently with WW 999 regs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

New Passat: 06-X-3789

Winner! :p

qz wrote:

Winner! :p

X? must be a new county!!!!! Presume you mean WX

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

No I meant to put in X. Didn't feel the need to put in the county, and I felt I would have gotten my head bitten off for putting in the whole registration and make/model of the car.

qz wrote:
    No I meant to put in X. Didn't feel the need to put in the county, and I felt I would have gotten my head bitten off for putting in the whole registration and make/model of the car.

would have been just as easy to put in a "?"
    ....also more logical and less confusing -but thats just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

There is NO problem posting a complete reg, incl the county.

As long as you don't post the model of car, nobody can link it to anything.

Personally, I too would prefer a reg that ommitted the year.....along the lines of the pre-1987 plates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

06-LH-703 Saw it two days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 65,226 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

qz wrote:

Let's just say we all know that X <> TS :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

I know a fella who had 666 as his reg - it was a red Brava.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Big Balls wrote:
    I know a fella who had 666 as his reg - it was a red Brava.

strange that as I've seen a red Bravo with 666 as its reg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Must be a Bravo so. I don't care much for specifics on FIATS. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Eh, won't this game just continue until the end of the year?

Eh, won't this game just continue until the end of the year?

Probably get more interesting then as registrations slow down - ie who has spotted the 'last' reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Picked up 4419 on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

a 520 is not underpowered, its the slowest in the range but nothing to be ahemed of

Alright, fair point - I used to have a 1990 520 that was perfectly acceptable, though in no way sporty. I certainly wouldn't have made its model number the subject of an attention-grabbing plate.

Dermot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

Silvera wrote:
    What is the highest '06 reg you have spotted so far ?

Kildare: 06-KE-805
    Tipperary North: 06-TN-494

Incidentially, I spotted a 06-KE Chrysler 300C today. Fine looking car!
    I saw 06-D-5811

Advertisement