Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Highest '06 reg ?

Options
  • 07-01-2006 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

What is the highest '06 reg you have spotted so far ?

Kildare: 06-KE-805
    Tipperary North: 06-TN-494

Incidentially, I spotted a 06-KE Chrysler 300C today. Fine looking car!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Saw a nice Black 2 door Merc today 06-D-46??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭samo

Saw a BMW 5 series (520) in a petrol station in Lucan the other day 06-D-520

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Silvera wrote:
    Incidentially, I spotted a 06-KE Chrysler 300C today. Fine looking car!
    I googled it and found this image, but I can't see any car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

5 minutes ago I saw 06 -D - 2173 Black BMW 5 series (debadged)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Litcagral wrote:
    (debadged)

Why someone does this is beyond me, I suppose it's better than the cars with the M badge blutacked on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I havent seen one '06 yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I havent seen one '06 yet

Same :(

Really hoping it's a nice car.

Tipsy Mac wrote:
    Why someone does this is beyond me, I suppose it's better than the cars with the M badge blutacked on.

Some people like discretion - it may be a 540 but they may wish others to think it's a 520.

On the other hand it may be a 520 but they may like others to think it's a much larger model.

Others just like the sleek clutter-free effect it gives.

If the car is parked you can tell to a certain extent what size the engine is by looking at the Tax disc (although 3 litre and above have same rate).

• Registered Users Posts: 65,226 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Litcagral wrote:
    If the car is parked you can tell to a certain extent what size the engine is by looking at the Tax disc (although 3 litre and above have same rate).

Yes but it still shows the cc. That's how I knew the debadged new 7-series that was parked beside me the other day was a 750i (4799cc)

unkel wrote:
    Yes but it still shows the cc. That's how I knew the debadged new 7-series that was parked beside me the other day was a 750i (4799cc)

Yes, sorry, I forgot about that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

I like debaged because it looks more sleek, elegant and tidy.
    However if i had a big engine , id naturally want to show it off :D

back on topic , i havent seen ANY 06 cars , and im drivin everyday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'm sick of lookin at them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

O6-D-4963 BMW 523i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 curieux2

06-d-6452

06-lh-3512

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

I hate this time of year, i have to make loads of number plates.BTW laois is up to about 460

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

It's probably best NOT to mention the type/model of car - just the reg number.
    (i.e. by posting the reg number only it means that anybody (who has any unlawful ideas) doesn't know what type of car it is).

(Thats why I didn't post the full reg of the 06 Chrysler 300C I spotted today. The reg 06-KE-805 was on a Ford .......notice I didn't say what model Ford it is ;)).

I'd suggest that above posters (or a mod) remove the make of car from their posts.

I know it's off topic but I spotted 00 D 100000 recently outside the church in Lusk, Co Dublin. I think it was a maroon Hyundai 4x4 (Santa Fe?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

I was driving a '06 BMW 318i earlier today. Not mine of course. :(

I don't recall the reg but it was an early thousand KE car.

I remember that reg (00-D-100000) featuring in a newspaper article back in 2000 - it was the first reg to reach 6 digits (well actually it's 9 digits;))

Sold/Registered by Des Cullen Cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

I've only ever seen one car with a reg that high. It caught my eye as they seemed to be running out of space to fit the numbers on ;)

• Advertisement

Wicklow: 06-WW-694

0utshined wrote:
    I've only ever seen one car with a reg that high. It caught my eye as they seemed to be running out of space to fit the numbers on ;)

Yeah, the govt introduced new legislation in 2000 to allow the use of smaller dashes (lines between year/county/number i.e 00-D-) so the larger regs would fit on the plate ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭skibum

Silvera wrote:
    It's probably best NOT to mention the type/model of car - just the reg number.
    (i.e. by posting the reg number only it means that anybody (who has any unlawful ideas) doesn't know what type of car it is).
    I'd suggest that above posters (or a mod) remove the make of car from their posts.
    I have asked about this before, why is it a problem? If some scrote is going to clone a car reg for what ever reason, all they have to do is hang around a busy junction, car park etc, chances are they will find what they are looking for.:confused:

skibum wrote:
    I have asked about this before, why is it a problem? If some scrote is going to clone a car reg for what ever reason, all they have to do is hang around a busy junction, car park etc, chances are they will find what they are looking for.:confused:

You are probably right .... but lets not make it any easier for them eh?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

There at 2800 in Cork last Friday when I was registering a couple of cars.

0utshined wrote:

The Dublin registrations went up to 105xxx approx that year. (They are higher since with year 2000 imports being added to the original figures). I bought a new vehicle on Dec 20th that year and it had 104xxx. I remember having to get the a plate renewed while down the 'country'. I had to go to several places trying to find one with a machine that would accept 9 characters - most of them thought I was joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭fletch

Seen a bright red 06-D-2911 Porsche 911 Carerra on the M50 today.....geek drivin it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

cregser wrote:
    I googled it and found this image, but I can't see any car.
    it has a good set of headlights ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Rabies wrote:
    it has a good set of headlights ;)

That she does...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

funny how were blatantly giving out other peoples Reg numbers and car description. But when we put up a pic of cars the Reg plate is obliterated like it contains the PIN to some secret swiss bank account :rolleyes:

Advertisement