Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The West Wing Season 7 starts Thursday 5th, 10:45

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yep, it's from a letter or e-mail supposedly sent to "Dr." Laura Schlessinger in 2000 after her comments about gays.

Here's a link with more information, including a mention of how it was incorporated into The West Wing towards the bottom.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Right thats it I hate the show now.

musician wrote:
    Right thats it I hate the show now.

:D

It's still a great scene regardless of where they got the dialogue from, although I especially liked the last line.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,181 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Just watched the finale myself. I loved that show, although it's always depressed me in a way that it's so unlikely America could ever produce, nevermind elect, a man like Jed Bartlett.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I thought Transition was a good episode...

Great to see the return of Sam, he was always one of the best characters. Wonder who he's engaged to? (No spoilers please!)
    I thought that Josh going to California was very reminiscent of how he recruited Sam in the first place.
    Love the Josh and Donna getting together thing... not before time! At least this fabulous show is going to end with all characters neatly sewn up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

At least this fabulous show is going to end with all characters neatly sewn up.
    If only most of those weren't given away in the first 30 seconds of the first episode of the season :P

Yeah, I know, but I still think it is nice to see how they got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Yeah, I remember hearing about that, Vinick being originally slated to win,

I believed Santos would win from S07E01. The shot of the incumbent POTUS at the opening of the Bartlett library could only be, IMHO, Santos.

Go figure

Series finale tonight at 11 :(

I know, I know I have the Kleenex ready.

I'm gutted. What will I do on a Thursday night now??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I know, I know I have the Kleenex ready.

I'm gutted. What will I do on a Thursday night now??

I am just now thinking we should have asked for a west wing forum.....

jhegarty wrote:
    I am just now thinking we should have asked for a west wing forum.....
    Nah, if anything let this show put across that not every second show on telly needs a forum when a thread will suffice.

5 minutes to go...enjoy all one last time :D

And then there was no more. The end of possibly the finest tv show ever to come out of America. I'm gonna miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

What a truly superb series it was - there has never been anything like it.

I'm SO gonna miss it.......

I'm currently resisting the urge to go through my 6 box sets back to back...

It was a pretty decent send off of an episode, tied up all the loose ends that we hadn't seen in the opening episode. I'll admit that one of my favourite moments in it was Donna getting her new office - a far cry from her cube.

So, lets see what Sorkin has in store for us with Studio 60... In the meantime, I'll be getting my fix of his trademark wit over on abc1 with Sports Night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,345 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yeah, it was a good finale.:)

Cameo from Aaron Sorkin!

Lovely little scene with CJ in the press room, then slipping out the side door. The last scene on the plane between Jed and Abbey was beautiful.
    Abbey: What are you thinking about?
    Jed: Tomorrow.

Definitely Bartlet.

best scene ever....

Margaret: Can I just say something for the future? *I* can sign the president's name. I've got his signature down pretty good.
    Leo McGarry: You can sign the president's name?
    Margaret: Yeah.
    Leo McGarry: On a document removing him from power and giving it to someone else?
    Margaret: Yeah. Or do you think the White House Counsel would say that's a bad idea?
    Leo McGarry: I think the White House Counsel would say that's a Coup D'Etat.
    Margaret: I'd probably end up doing some time for that.
    Leo McGarry: I would think. And what the hell are you doing practicing the president's signature?
    Margaret: It's just for fun.
    Leo McGarry: We've got separation of powers, checks and balances, and Margaret, vetoing things and sending them back to the hill.

I must admit the Kleenex came in handy.
    It was a great finale to the greatest show.

Loved the moment when Donna got her office too. Sam was only there for a sec though; blink and you would have missed him.

You could feel the excitement when Santos came into the Oval after his inauguration; although I couldn't help feeling a bit like he was an intruder there...

I'm really surprised Bartlet pardoned Toby. I wasn't expecting that.

I'm definitely going to start back from Episode 1 and work my way through again. I've done it two or three times before, to keep me going through the summer months, but this time I think will have a special poignancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭coupland

Things I'll remember (in no particlular order):

Josh's rucksack (I now own one for work)

Oliver Babish (I'd watch Oliver Platt growl for hours...)
    Matthew Perry cameos (he can act, who'd have thought)

Ainsley Hayes (CSI Miami, oh dear)

No-one does angry like Martin Sheen...a not so latent volcano ("One last thing. While you may be mistaking this for your monthly meeting of the ignorant tight-ass club, in this building when the President stands, nobody sits.")

Alan Alda proving he could act the pants off Jimmy Smits

John Goodman playing President

Leo (John Spencer, may he rest in peace)

John Hoynes

"Educating Donna" :

Donna Moss: Two commissioners just resigned?
    Josh Lyman: At the same time.
    Donna Moss: How many times has that happened?
    Josh Lyman: Including this time?
    Donna Moss: Yeah.
    Josh Lyman: Once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭elurhs

It was one of those rare shows that treated it's viewers as actually being intelligent. It didn't have to spell out everything, and actually enjoyed throwing viewers in the deep end and having to work out what was going on. The number of viewers it had just shows that there IS a market for this type of intelligent show.

Of course, it was extremely well acted and shot. I was always a big fan of Toby, a pity he went out of it during the last season.

I'm looking forward to Sorkin's new show Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Thomas Schlamme is co-producing and its starring Bradley Whitford (Josh) and Matthew Perry. If its half as good as The West Wing I'll be watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

hmm bit of damb squib last few eps

did donna and josh not get it together fully???

way too much of the red head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Reminisce & wallow in the quality of the dialogue

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0200276/quotes

hmm bit of damb squib last few eps

did donna and josh not get it together fully???

way too much of the red head

yep , they did towards the end of the series... they went off on holidays together after the election....

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭coupland

Glad to hear that the inferior "Commander in Chief" has been cancelled.....it made me quite ill to think this was on TV esp after the West Wing had finished..mind you, Donald Sutherland would have been soooo good in The West Wing

coupland wrote:
    Glad to hear that the inferior "Commander in Chief" has been cancelled.....it made me quite ill to think this was on TV esp after the West Wing had finished..mind you, Donald Sutherland would have been soooo good in The West Wing

haven't seen it but from what I heard its a pile of poo.....

its also 11pm on thursday... what do I do ? i am confused with no west wing to watch....

Advertisement