Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is my computer worth?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Framed10

Hi any thoughts on the value of my Asus laptop would be great.

Asus U30J Notebook about 5 years old, not used a huge amount as Ive a work laptop which gets more use. I bought in the states and was a v high spec back in the day.

windows 7 Premium 64-bit SP1
    Intel iCore 3
    CPU M 350@ 2.27ghz
    4 GB ram
    Intel HD graphics
    Brushed aluminum
    NVIDIA GeForce 310M
    usually get 2.5-3 hours from battery
    https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/U30Jc/

thanks, F

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

Framed10 wrote: »
    Hi any thoughts on the value of my Asus laptop would be great.

Honestly if you got 200 for it youd be pushing it.
    Still capable as a word processor but a 310M and first gen i3 arent exactly powerful.

I had a first gen i3 with a 315m and got 200 for it about a year ago so id be assuming there worth slightly less now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I bought in the states and was a v high spec back in the day.

Whoever told you that probably chuckled all the way to the bank.2nd slowest CPU and slowest GPU of its generation.

Any more than €100 would be robbery tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

ED E wrote: »
    Whoever told you that probably chuckled all the way to the bank.2nd slowest CPU and slowest GPU of its generation.

Any more than €100 would be robbery tbh.

Thats a bit harsh I've seen junk with core 2 processors sell on adverts for 100 I sold a core 2 Dell last week for 90. If its in clean condition he would still get 150 for it and it be a good deal. If it was scratched up and stuff about 100 be ok price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

jayo26 wrote: »
    Thats a bit harsh I've seen junk with core 2 processors sell on adverts for 100 I sold a core 2 Dell last week for 90. If its in clean condition he would still get 150 for it and it be a good deal. If it was scratched up and stuff about 100 be ok price.

Adverts isn't a good judge for what electronics are worth in fairness, the prices you've listed are hefty for what was sold

• Advertisement

Adverts isn't a good judge for what electronics are worth in fairness, the prices you've listed are hefty for what was sold

Fair enough my bad just thought it was a bit low but at end of the day its what someone is willing to pay. I do understand what you mean about adverts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Framed10

Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably sell it on to family or friends for their kids. Its ideal for a student needing internet and for word proccessing etc.I just wanted a guiding price.
    I'm fully aware that in the context of todays processors its basic.
    I checked back, it was in 2010 I bought it.
    To give it its dues it still working fine, hasn't slowed down at all and has been looked after well.

"Whoever told you that probably chuckled all the way to the bank.2nd slowest CPU and slowest GPU of its generation.
    Any more than €100 would be robbery tbh"
    Am I right in saying the first icore3s came out in 2010?

Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably sell it on to family or friends for their kids. Its ideal for a student needing internet and for word proccessing etc.I just wanted a guiding price.
    I'm fully aware that in the context of todays processors its basic.
    I checked back, it was in 2010 I bought it.
    To give it its dues it still working fine, hasn't slowed down at all and has been looked after well.

"Whoever told you that probably chuckled all the way to the bank.2nd slowest CPU and slowest GPU of its generation.
    Any more than €100 would be robbery tbh"
    Am I right in saying the first icore3s came out in 2010?

Q1 of 2010 yeah
    http://ark.intel.com/m/products/43529/Intel-Core-i3-350M-Processor-3M-Cache-2_26-GHz#@product/specifications

Would have been slower than almost all other i3s, all i5s, all i7s, any newish Xeons so it wasn't high spec, as ED E said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It would have been very entry level in 2010 even, the G310M even in 2010 was a very low end card, and that model i3 was your average entry level processor. It would have been about average when you bought it in terms of horsepower, and very low end in terms of graphics, unfortunately - though maybe the sales person pitched it a different way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Handytech

jayo26 wrote: »

I Agree, 150 would be in the right ballpark, you could certainly upgrade the
    processor to an I7 and the RAM also.

It would be a Gen 1 I7 but a good bit quicker.

• Advertisement

Handytech wrote: »
    I Agree, 150 would be in the right ballpark, you could certainly upgrade the
    processor to an I7 and the RAM also.

It would be a Gen 1 I7 but a good bit quicker.

All the ram in the world won't bring a slow processor up to speed, and upgrading the processor really inst worth the effort, adding an SSD would make it a good but snappier, its the only worthwhile upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

Thinking of selling a system to free up money for upgrades to my main rig so looking for how much this should fetch?

Pentium G3258
    ASRock B85 Killer gaming mobo
    Evga GTX 760 SC
    Corsair CX600
    1TB seagate barracuda
    120GB Kingston SSD
    Corsair Carbide 300R case
    CM 212 Evo cooler

Case also comes with a full custom RGB lighting and psu shroud and very good cable management so its aesthetically pleasing.
    Id be roughly expecting it to fetch about 500, would that be about right?

About €500 would be sound as a full system, it's a fair price for the individual components.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bob Rooney

Hey guys - I have an I5-760, Asus P7h55 And 4gb-kit Corsair Ddr3 on adverts for €30 (just those components, nothing else) but one of the comments someone left suggest that this is far too low. What's a fair price?

http://www.adverts.ie/other-computers/i5-760-asus-p7h55-and-4gb-kit-corsair-ddr3/10452847?notification=702929a4917c604a54f39dfd75099d90-1462789397

Bob Rooney wrote: »
    Hey guys - I have an I5-760, Asus P7h55 And 4gb-kit Corsair Ddr3 on adverts for €30 (just those components, nothing else) but one of the comments someone left suggest that this is far too low. What's a fair price?

http://www.adverts.ie/other-computers/i5-760-asus-p7h55-and-4gb-kit-corsair-ddr3/10452847?notification=702929a4917c604a54f39dfd75099d90-1462789397

The cpu alone is worth more then that mate i would of though even tho its old its still worth over 100 one of the others give you a better price.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_ItemCondition=4&_nkw=I5-760&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

760 is worth €25-35 anyways, I'd probably have listed for 75 and taken any offer of 50 or above.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bob Rooney

OK, cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭thegreenbean

hi guy's
    i have my PC on adverts for a few days now and would like some feedback on my asking price. I've never had to sell a PC before so i don't know if i'm too high or low. I know what it cost :) It breaks my heart to let her go but she has to go.

hi guy's
    i have my PC on adverts for a few days now and would like some feedback on my asking price. I've never had to sell a PC before so i don't know if i'm too high or low. I know what it cost :) It breaks my heart to let her go but she has to go.

Link?

Link?

Sorry dude, i can't post links, if you click adverts under my avatar it will bring you to my profile. Cheers

• Advertisement

Sorry dude, i can't post links, if you click adverts under my avatar it will bring you to my profile. Cheers

Post the specs and price then, don't think everyone will go to adverts for you .

I'm on mobile so can't do so anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Post the specs and price then, don't think everyone will go to adverts for you .

Oh don't be so grumpy :)

http://www.adverts.ie/other-computers/gaming-pc/10590465

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

No probs

Full specs
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo Black/Orange
    Mobo: Gigabyte Z87OC
    Cpu: Intel 4790K (Haswell Refresh)
    Gpu: Evga 980 SC ACX 2.0
    Psu: Corsair RM 1000W 80plus Gold
    Ram: 16gb Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer Orange/Blue led
    Ssd: Samsung 250gb
    Hdd: 1Tb WD green (storage drive)
    Fans: (x5) 140mm cougar vortex fans-(x2)140mm Phanteks orange led.

Watercooling specs
    Cpu block: Phobya UC-1 Extreme
    Gpu Block: Acool GPX-N 980 m06
    Res: Phobya 450mm Black Nickel
    Radiator: 420mm XSPC- (3x140mm)
    Pump: Alphacool Laing DDC310 - Complete Edition - black/acetal
    Fittings: combination of XSPC/Primochill - (too much to list)(all black nickel)
    Tubing: Primochill black PETG hardline

I have it listed for 3000euro's
    ty

Didn't mean to come off as grumpy, sorry greenbean :p

Second hand, I wouldn't rate the PC as worth €1500 + the water cooling setup, which I've no idea on, but I doubt it makes €3000 reasonable.

I'd personally consider it overpriced but someone with more knowledge of water cooling prices and stuff will be able to verify if I'm right or wrong

Good luck with the sale anyways, tank of a PC :)

Didn't mean to come off as grumpy, sorry greenbean :p

Second hand, I wouldn't rate the PC as worth €1500 + the water cooling setup, which I've no idea on, but I doubt it makes €3000 reasonable.

I'd personally consider it overpriced but someone with more knowledge of water cooling prices and stuff will be able to verify if I'm right or wrong

Good luck with the sale anyways, tank of a PC :)

lol you didn't, i have a feeling it might be hard to shift too, but i'll leave it there and will hope for a decent offer. Thanks for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

To be honest I think it will very very tough to sell without making a massive loss. The base hardware spec's are only worth around a third of your asking price on the 2nd hand market. I know all the WC gear is really expensive but there is very, very little appetite for watercooling in Ireland, so it adds zero value for 99% of buyers on Adverts or Donedeal. For 3K new you'd be talking about a six core, 32GB ram, X99, GTX1080 SLI setup with a 1440p Monitor.

Buyers barely appreciate high quality items like power supplies, ram and motherboards, let alone high-end watercooling gear. All they see is the raw spec and what it can do in games, so to them your PC and another one for €800 are the same.

Could probably sell all the gear seperately and put a stock cooler on the CPU and put the original cooler back on the 980?

To be honest I think it will very very tough to sell without making a massive loss. The base hardware spec's are only worth around a third of your asking price on the 2nd hand market. I know all the WC gear is really expensive but there is very, very little appetite for watercooling in Ireland, so it adds zero value for 99% of buyers on Adverts or Donedeal. For 3K new you'd be talking about a six core, 32GB ram, X99, GTX1080 SLI setup with a 1440p Monitor.

Buyers barely appreciate high quality items like power supplies, ram and motherboards, let alone high-end watercooling gear. All they see is the raw spec and what it can do in games, so to them your PC and another one for €800 are the same.

Could probably sell all the gear seperately and put a stock cooler on the CPU and put the original cooler back on the 980?

hey man
    thank you for giving me your opinion, i would hate to break up the system and part it out tbh. I know it means more to me then then the average gamer but i'd hate to think there are no like minded enthusiasts in ireland who need these custom builds. Granted adverts and donedeal are not the best place to sell a watercooled pc. I'll leave it there for now though and try to find other ways to sell it. I was following your sale on adverts for the last week and i'm glad you sold it. I don't know what it is with me but i thought you let it go very cheaply. I'll keep an eye on your adverts from now on, you have some really col stuff.
    Ty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Looking to sell my rig to buy a laptop instead. How much could I expect to fetch for this rig?

EVGA GTX 660 OC
    Corsair AX1200i ATX
    Alpenföhn Brocken CPU Cooler
    TeamGroup Vulcan GOLD 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
    Intel Core i5-4670K 3.40GHz (Haswell) Socket LGA1150 Processor - OC'd to 4.2GHz
    Asus Z87-K Intel Z87 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard
    Standard disk drive.
    1TB HDD
    21" ASUS monitor. Unsure of model type but will find out.

I was thinking E750 considering they are in great shape. Is that too much or what?

Individually I'd say its worth about €600 roughly, so €750 is steep IMO but given some of the ****e you see on adverts its okay, at the very least its a capable PC. I'd list it at €700-750 and take any offers over €650 or €675. €700 if you think you'll get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Individually I'd say its worth about €600 roughly, so €750 is steep IMO but given some of the ****e you see on adverts its okay, at the very least its a capable PC. I'd list it at €700-750 and take any offers over €650 or €675. €700 if you think you'll get it

I was hoping to sell it in one go, could I get it for that price all in one?

What was you price for each component if sold individually?

Advertisement