Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a nice pic of your model?Post it Here!(But stay on topic!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Ciaran_Dub

Hi all,

Seem to remember posting a few of these here before but with some dutch courage on a saturday night here you go again. Oh in case u haavent guest im a car nut!!

Hasegawa Ford Focus 1999 Rally of Great Britain
    FordFocus3.jpg

Tamiya Subarau Impreza 1998 Monte Carlo
    Scooby4.jpg

Tamiya Lotus Super Seven
    LotusSuperSeven3.jpg
    LotusSuperSeven11.jpg

Tamiya BMW Z3
    2006_0715image0003.jpg

Tamiya Jagermeister Alfa Romeo 155
    JagerAlfaWIP5.jpg
    JagerAlfaWIP6.jpg

Sorry no finished pics of the Alfa. Anyway thats it till i take more pics of the finished Alfa and also an Alfa Guilleta that i have build....oh and get around to building the 20 plus unbuilt models i have!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

Nice cars, first I thought, this Focus is an RC model...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Ciaran_Dub

FiSe wrote:
    Nice cars, first I thought, this Focus is an RC model...

Thanks FiSe, no defo a 1/24 plastic kit. Did have a R/C but sold it recently. Still wondering why i did that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭r011ingthunder

Here's my Trainer 65. Easy to build, and sweet to fly. (Landing is the difficult part LOL!!!)
    The hammer in the 4th pic is for perspective only, it is not a statement of intent.:D

Trainer 65 a.jpg
    Trainer 65 b.jpg
    Trainer 65 c.jpg
    Trainer d.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

That Saito looks beautiful in the nose!

• Advertisement

Thanks Coolwings! It does look good, I have to admit, and it sounds even better. I'm currently trying to get some video footage from an onboard bullet cam uploaded to a free site (Box.net), and when I do I'll link it to here. Broadband users only though as the files are HUGE!!!
    r011in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 <rcdriftIRL>

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Are them yokomo things good for drifting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 <rcdriftIRL>

pretty much the best you can get depending on what kit you get, the higher class models are made of silver stranded graphite and other similar flashy materials you'd be paying lots of money for them kits, the one i got was the CM [composite mould (plastic)] kit, which is the cheapest (€180 incl. postage from hong kong) you can check out the full specs here http://cgi.ebay.ie/Yokomo-DP-JZZ30-Drift-Car-Vertex-Ridge-TE3006-Soarer_W0QQitemZ110148902315QQihZ001QQcategoryZ19168QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem , i have to say though i have no first hand comparison to it (only what i've heard off forums [where most people would prefer it as a drift car])so i wouldn't know how other cars might drift like but still i'd recommend it to anyone starting drift or upgradin', amazes me still to this day!

sorry if you were just expecting a one-word answer i have a tendency to get carried away! hope this helps anyway! ;)

They have them in tower, might invest in the years to come.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭milkerman

A Saito in the nose of a trainer- sheer indulgence. But nice.

milkerman wrote:
    A Saito in the nose of a trainer- sheer indulgence. But nice.
    True, but it makes it so very easy to fly, no power troubles whatsoever. Besides, as requested Green Hobby & Model provided me with an engine I can easily transfer into a larger and more sophisticated model as I progress.
    :-)
    r011in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭milkerman

Is that a .65 or .80? The 65 will be equivalent to a 50 2 stroke in this context as you will probably use a larger diameter prop to get traction over a grass strip on takeoff. The 80 would be equivalent to at least a 60 in 2 stroke for the same reason.
    My only reservation is that most people will prang their trainer within the first year and some of these accidents are full impact half-throttle impacts where you turn a fuselage into a fence post. Saito pushrods dont like that at all!
    Green''s sell a budget engine called MVVS in 2 stroke. Noisy, a bit crude, heavy on fuel but immensely strong and built to last. I bought a .45 in Germany about 9 years ago. It gets regular flying (every second week or so) and has had nothing replaced. It has lost some oomph but is still a perfectly usable engine. The more recent MVVS are less crude with Blue Anodised Heads etc but still good by all accounts. Dont know how much they cost but probably 50% of the cost of a Saito
    Enjoy your flying.

It's a Saito 80 running a 14 x 8 (or 13 x 8 post smash-up). Both of these give ample power for a ground take-off. I've had a few minor prangs, but I hope I'm past the stage of full-impacts. The only really big smash I had was when I foolishly let a friend take control, I took the radio back, but not in time. Damaged a wing and bent the blades of the prop. I rebuilt the internals of the wing, and replaced the prop, and am flying again. :)
    I prefer the sound of the 4 stroke over the 2 stroke, and the saito sounds very realistic.
    Oh, and thanks I do enjoy the flying!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Time for the Static Modellers to Strike Back!

1/72, Fujimi, if I recall correctly.
    fulcqtr.JPG
    fulcqtr2.JPG
    fulcsde1.JPG

1/35 Trumpeter. Needed a new cast barrel shroud taken off the Accurate Armour C-Type. Tracks suck. So does the decalling, I might revisit that.

bluestank1.JPG
    103b18iq.jpg
    bluestank2.JPG
    bluestank3.JPG
    bluestank4.JPG

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

STRV is excellent, nice machine and nicely built, well done.

Same goes to that Fulcrum. Nice and clean. The only thing which somehow doesn't look right to me is the canopy, but it ain't your fault ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

A double-tap for the Static Modellers.. Wooohoo!!!

puma1.JPG
    puma2.JPG
    puma3.JPG

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

1/10 Smartech Commando nitro R/C

Image025.jpg
    Image000.jpg

and a vid

th_RCcar.jpg

Nice burnouts mate!
    Heres the latest radio to join the family.
    2003906778757806850_rs.jpg
    i'll get pics of the Hong-nor during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Plug wrote: »
    Nice burnouts mate!

Nice.
    Hope the Truggy is as clean as that :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Nice burnouts mate!

I've been using the 3.0 with the revo and I cannot fault it. Great radio.

This is the Team losi mini-T for sale.
    2004156700542578248_rs.jpg
    2004157527611914960_rs.jpg
    2004130944214283056_rs.jpg
    Vectra's old friend.
    2004146059125913547_rs.jpg
    2004155956690045316_rs.jpg
    2004152204105213129_rs.jpg
    This is my t-maxx for sale.
    2004182180911975487_rs.jpg
    2004132998550401131_rs.jpg
    And sure while im at it heres a nice set of rackets i got yesterday.
    2004128314325621924_rs.jpg

OI
    you would want to clean that revo :eek:

What is the blue thing up front on it?? :confused:

Oh.
    Sure while I am at it. They are Rachets NOT RACKETS :D

The blue thing is a lego air tank. I'll use it to increase the fuel tank capacity. An extra 5 minutes of run time probly.
    Yes yes yes!
    Rachets:p
    There actully a nice set. They were for sale at €225 then €150 and i got a 10% discount. So it came to €135 and your one gave me a €15 voucher. i think I did well there:cool:

aye Vectra get a pic of your truggy, i didn't see your models in a while.

aye Vectra get a pic of your truggy, i didn't see your models in a while.

You mean these ? :D

My Hong Nor CRT

100_0350.jpg

100_0349.jpg

100_0332.jpg

My Sons Hot Bodies LSP

100_0351.jpg

100_0347.jpg

100_0352.jpg

And Both

100_0347.jpg

100_0346.jpg

There lovely!
    Thats the body i want for the hong-nor:cool:

Hows your little apprentise going?
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

Thats nice do you guys know any where to race or jump around? The car park just doesnt do it for me anymore.
    I want somewhere decent for my hyper 8 coming in at xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Geez Vectra do you ever drive those things? Can't see any sign of use (let alone abuse:D) on them?

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Geez Vectra do you ever drive those things? Can't see any sign of use (let alone abuse:D) on them?

Well,
    The LSP was second hand but only had around a half gallon through it.
    I bought it
    stripped it..cleaned it..rebuilt it with a Force.32 engine in there and only gave it a little run on the road to test it.

The CRT
    was bought brand new and the engine had only 3 tanks at tickover on blocks in another truggy.. Exhaust was brand new.
    When that pic was taken it hadnt seen any fuel.

Still hasnt seen much as I dont get much time at the mo to run it but hopefully both these will be used in next years Offroad Nationals of which we are hoping to hold a round of here ;)

• Advertisement

vectra wrote: »
    Well, The LSP was second hand but only had around a half gallon through it.I bought itstripped it..cleaned it..rebuilt it with a Force.32 engine in there and only gave it a little run on the road to test it.The CRTwas bought brand new and the engine had only 3 tanks at tickover on blocks in another truggy.. Exhaust was brand new.When that pic was taken it hadnt seen any fuel.Still hasnt seen much as I dont get much time at the mo to run it but hopefully both these will be used in next years Offroad Nationals of which we are hoping to hold a round of here ;)
    ILL be there to them if i get my hands on a car. are they all starting next year?

Advertisement