Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East Wall, Dublin 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭geecee

Alicano wrote: »
    Sounds good.
    Bit of a small site for whats proposed though? Another Hotel. If I'm right that adds to the one on Amiens street where the petrol station was? The hotel proposed at east wall rd/sheriff st uppr /new wrapping st junction? Another Hotel planned for the top of sheriff st uppr behind Gibson hotel. You have the recent Mayson hotel also. Must be some demand for them.

Don't forget this one too:
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/johnny-ronan-plans-boutique-hotel-after-paying-3-8m-for-dublin-docklands-houses-1.4261991

There is also the hotel behind the former British Rail Hotel and next to Salesforce on North wall Quay.

And the Aparthotel in the block between the Gibson and Northwall quay which is nearing completion

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

+ the nearly finished hotel beside the 3Arena + the large one proposed for the Connolly carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Alicano

Plenty of options for a bed in case I get kicked out of the house during an argument with the duchess. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Plenty of options for a bed in case I get kicked out of the house during an argument with the duchess. :D

Or plenty of nearby options for a clandestine affair

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭roycon111

Permission granted by An Bord Pleanala for 336 apartments on East Wall Road at Docklands Innovation Park

Buildings from 3 -10 storeys facing on to both East Wall Road and Merchant's Road

https://www.ewripshd.ie/uploads/O0MeL4Cz/Photomontages.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

roycon111 wrote: »
    Permission granted by An Bord Pleanala for 336 apartments on East Wall Road at Docklands Innovation Park

Buildings from 3 -10 storeys facing on to both East Wall Road and Merchant's Road

https://www.ewripshd.ie/uploads/O0MeL4Cz/Photomontages.pdf

Looks great, great densification of the site. Onwards and upwards

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

Will they be for sale?

Or for rent only? (which seems to be the way most apts are going nowadays).

10% will be social and affordable housing (33/34 apartments), I am guessing given the central location that the rest will be bulk or forward sold to a rental company

I'm just glad that the deadest part of East Wall Road will become a little less dead after this development is finished.

Leo Burdocks opening next week on east road as well

• Advertisement

roycon111 wrote: »
    Leo Burdocks opening next week on east road as well

Is it relocating from the Londis to somewhere else? Hopefully the quality will improve too, it's not a touch on the one in town.

I'm not sure but they say its there official launch day and at the Londis Unit. maybe its just a relaunch for PR purposes because they never had a proper launch due to Covid

AngryLips wrote: »
    I'm just glad that the deadest part of East Wall Road will become a little less dead after this development is finished.

Very true. It's an awful run down shoddy area. That business park with DPD and Dublin City Fm etc is a kip. Pretty much anything from Pizza Max onwards toward docks needs knocking down and starting again. Surprised at the amount of units. Seems quite low. Surely it's the perfect spot to go a good bit higher? Houses maybe getting in the way? Still. All good to see.

Anyone know what is going in at the old Lambe and O'Connor site at Poplar row?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭subpar

Anyone know what is going in at the old Lambe and O'Connor site at Poplar row?

Planning Permission lodged for a 7 Storey building containing 52 build to rent apartments.

subpar wrote: »
    Planning Permission lodged for a 7 Storey building containing 52 build to rent apartments.

Cool. Thanks for that :)

I feel like East Wall could really do with a Dealz

AngryLips wrote: »
    I feel like East Wall could really do with a Dealz

Although I'm not a fan of Dealz, I can see your point. It would probably be successful. Where would you put it though?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

Although I'm not a fan of Dealz, I can see your point. It would probably be successful. Where would you put it though?

Upstairs above the Lidl. (was earmarked for a Gym when it was initially built iirc).

blue_blue wrote: »
    Upstairs above the Lidl. (was earmarked for a Gym when it was initially built iirc).

Yeah that'd work. Although a Gym would be cool. Let the lads from that Gym on Church Rd move in and knock their current old crap building down and vacant site beside it.. Clean up the street a bit. Dreamland ideas :D

• Advertisement

There's a vacant retail until on East Road beside Centra.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 manofachill

I think that Gym may actually a protected structure or at least the facacde of it. Its quite a nice building if it wasn't for the green and black paint.

I assume it was a religious building at one stage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

blue_blue wrote: »

Dealz increasingly is selling larger ranges of groceries. I doubt Lidl would be happy with them moving above them. They may even have an exclusivity agreement with the landlords that prevent competitors from locating in the development(assuming Lidl doesn't own the entire building outright in which case they'd never facilitate a Dealz).

I think that Gym may actually a protected structure or at least the facacde of it. Its quite a nice building if it wasn't for the green and black paint.

I assume it was a religious building at one stage

Yeah the facade is ok but the current colour scheme is muck. I'm sure the lads got a good deal on the building after Aloco Kitchens vacated it. But it isn't really a fit for purpose Gym facility. They'd be better off above Lidl and knock that building and do some nice modern apts (encompassing the derelict site beside it). The Apts on the corner right beside the Gym that got revamped a year or so ago are a great example of potential. But it'll never happen.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's nothing at all listed in East Wall as far as I can tell, nothing on the RPS or the NIAH. Doesn't mean a rapid listing wouldn't appear if you applied to demolish something like that building, or the church.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 manofachill

Yes, looked it up afterwards too but it is a bit unusual. The NIAH will note it in the next addition, they left out most of Dublin with the limited resources they had because they felt it would be well covered by laymen researchers already, east wall for all might have some information on it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

subpar wrote: »

Started construction now I believe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I wonder are they going to start on the old bank site too? I know there was an application in for a multi-storey building there too, but I don't know if it was granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

With the level of development of residential units, the rods will squeezed even more.
    Something similar to South Lotts might happen in East Wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭subpar

New hotel with 106 bedrooms to be built in East Wall

Brian Mahon
    Monday January 18 2021, 12.00am GMT, The Times

The hotel will be up to eight storeys in height with three main blocks

Planning permission has been granted for a 106-bedroom hotel in Dublin’s East Wall. ( Docklands Inovation Park on East Wall Road)

However, a related planning request for the development of 131 residential apartments was not granted, with Dublin city council seeking more information from the developers. The hotel and apartments would be constructed beside each other.

Overall, it is proposed that there will be 17 studios, 36 one-bedroom, 72 two-bedroom and six three-bedroom units on the site.

Development Ocht submitted the two planning applications in November.

The council raised concerns about the materials that would be used to construct the apartment blocks, and did not grant planning permission. It also asked for additional details on the nature of the gym in the development and for more information about car parking spaces.

Advertisement