Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been banned??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭samo

DapperGent wrote:
    Samo - was never banned from PI but I believe I've come quite close. In my sillier moments.

ah your right, misread that 1st time round, didnt even know there WAS a green issues board!

I'm curious now what you'd need to do to get yourself banned from there...I wondedr if anyone has ever been banned from mustard??

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Banned permanently from IRC for saying that #boards.ie sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

I'm still banned from 'Musical Instruments' & have requested multiple times for it to be lifted after apologising profusely - that was over 6 months ago .....

::: ven0mous :::

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Been banned from German, Lan Parties, Battlefield and ITF.

German - For my er, limited knowledge of the language.
    Lan Parties - For critisicing a net cafe, ban was lifted in a few hours though.
    Battlefield - Winters is a whore
    ITF - Winters is a hobo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I was banned from for sale for a few days, back when they were really strict about pm'ing! The mods there aren't nearly as strict about it now thank goodness :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

newband wrote:
    this is my second time.. Coincidentally the 1st time was from PI as well :rolleyes:

indeed it is your second time,
    thank you for reminding me!

your ban has just been extended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

As a Joke I got banned from Humour! Beat that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

taht was just sneaky!!! me likes! as for moi i was banned from the tippinst forum, carlow it forum, humour and the cuckoo's nest!!! yes the cuckoo's nest of all places :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

woosaysdan wrote:
    yes the cuckoo's nest of all places :o

You deserved every minute of that ban :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

koneko wrote:
    You deserved every minute of that ban :D
    how can you justify such a comment? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,411 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Beruthiel wrote:

He's not that smart ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Currently banned from 'For Sale' due to warning potential buyers of a possibly dodgy Nokia 7600 phone for sale.

My post, was not rude, impolite or otherwise condemning, just pointing facts and referencing another thread. The sale carries on regardless and someone may splash out money for a duff phone.

Shame the moderators did not see my side.

It was however, clearly explained why I was banned, and at least I have the knowledge the moderators are trying to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

hshortt wrote:
    Currently banned from 'For Sale' due to warning potential buyers of a possibly dodgy Nokia 7600 phone for sale.

My post, was not rude, impolite or otherwise condemning, just pointing facts and referencing another thread. The sale carries on regardless and someone may splash out money for a duff phone.

Shame the moderators did not see my side.

It was however, clearly explained why I was banned, and at least I have the knowledge the moderators are trying to be fair.
    The "no thread spoiling" thing is a bit ****e. But it is in the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I was banned from Games for a week once - because I suggested (jokingly) people get the "Deviance" version of a game (Doom 3 i think) - this was before it was released (months), before it was cracked etc. The mod (who shall remain nameless) thought Deviance was a P2P app and therefore assumed I was giving out information on how to get the game illegally. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Got banned off one of the smaller forums for posting drunk calling its mod a "dirty prick".If anyone knows what forum that was or if you are the mod in question I'd be interested to know what forum it was cause it was ages ago!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Never been banned...
    *strokes halo*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

Beruthiel wrote:

oooooooooh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I was banned from Games for a week once - because I suggested (jokingly) people get the "Deviance" version of a game (Doom 3 i think) - this was before it was released (months), before it was cracked etc. The mod (who shall remain nameless) thought Deviance was a P2P app and therefore assumed I was giving out information on how to get the game illegally. :rolleyes:
    Lucky you - I'm permanently banned. I really want to get back into Games because of the huge amount of problems I've been having with Half Life 2 and steam. I need a good BITCH! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

just noticed that, hope it aint permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

Hey mods,
    how about a weeks ban for all those smug bstrds who posted here to boast that they were never banned (meself excluded of course) just for being so smug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,350 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think I'm banned from the LNA forum for saying "Up Offaly"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

I've been banned for a week for cracking an inappropiate joke towards gays. Now I'm currently banned for a MONTH for cracking a joke about batman (?) and then saying something along the lines of "oh no, am gonna get banned now..."! LOL! :D Only a day or two after coming off a previous ban! :D

Follow that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Digging up 3 year old threads should carry a ban. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What a bump. I've been banned twice from After Hours in the same day. Actually the bans were about 10 minuntes apart, must be some sort of record. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Banned for one week a few months ago on the North County Dublin forum for apparently making a racist joke ... ... ME! :eek:

The Mod told me to PM her back after one week and she'd lift the ban, my arse!. Still banned :D

Other than that nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Thrill wrote: »
    Digging up 3 year old threads should carry a ban. :)

LOL! :D

Randomly came across it while looking up jokes on 911! Don't ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

There's definitely a more recent "Have you ever been banned?" thread.

On topic; nope. Not even from Soccer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Perma banned from TCN. Posted in the stupidity filter and have never looked back. Thats about it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mairt wrote: »
    The Mod told me to PM her back after one week and she'd lift the ban, my arse!. Still banned :D

That's because there is no automatic un-banning feature. It's standard procedure to PM the mod in question when you're ban is up to get un-banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Nope, never.

*fixes halo* :)

Advertisement