Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been banned??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

Trojan wrote:
    newband banned from AH for being smart, effective immediately.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Permanently banned from Windows for complaining to the mod for not enforcing the rule he brought in to stop people from pimping Phoenix ( now called Firefox ). I was the main pimp for Phoenix and so he brough in this rule saying if people had problems with IE ( or any other piece of software ) that you could not suggest alternatives to them; I used to push Phoenix to people with IE problems ( bugs, adware, spyware ) and that annoyed some people. He brought in this rule to stop my constant promotion. When someone suggested Phoenix in an IE thread I pointed out that he was breaking the new rule and I got into an argument with the Windows mod and got banned - forever. It's great to seeing everyone on Boards using/promoting Firefox nowadays :D I also appear to be permanently banned from games ( the ENTIRE games section - about 20 forums ) for saying I was downloading Doom III from the net and mentioning the name of the group who I was getting it from ( not linking just saying their name ).

I expect to be banned from all of Boards in a little over a year at this rate. I may be able to post in the Battlestar Galactica forum :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

newband wrote:
    if i can log out and browse and still post as unregistered then whats the point of being banned?

Shall I keep you banned indefinately if you don't think there's any point in being banned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

well no, you could always answer the question.. but if it makes you feel important to ban someone then by all means go ahead..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I was banned from Humour a few years back, for what was considered a insensitive joke. PC gone mad I tells ya.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

impr0v wrote:
    presumably that you cannot post.
    You can post on PI as a guest right? So yeh being banned seems pointless unless you want to give advice and you're vain enough to want credit for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I think I was banned from politics for being abusive. Which makes me wonder why I haven't been banned from anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

newband wrote:
    well no
    That's my answer to your question.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

was banned from forsale once...

the ban was lifted...

life goes on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

newband wrote:
    ?
    Hmmmm.... you must not be smart enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

SteveD wrote:
    You can post on PI as a guest right? So yeh being banned seems pointless unless you want to give advice and you're vain enough to want credit for it

forgot about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Dave wrote:
    I was banned from Humour a few years back, for what was considered a insensitive joke. PC gone mad I tells ya.

As was I.
    In fact a load of people got banned for posting jokes in the same thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I was banned one week from politics. It was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I think my jokes physically hurt some people Muahahaha ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I was the first person banned from Soccer after they restricted access.Got back in after a week.

It was for posting football Jokes which I now know is a BIG No no in there,as it just sets things off big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i've been banned from IRC, PI and Pro Wrestling

hard to the kore :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Was banned from the humour board last year. Some one posted a funny but not work safe flash movie. I found part two and posted the link, got banned for a week. Oh well.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i am banned for "spoiling a thread" in the for sale forum, at present

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

impr0v wrote:
    forgot about that.
    It's alright, I forgive you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bananayoghurt

Permanently banned from Windows for complaining to the mod for not enforcing the rule he brought in to stop people from pimping Phoenix ( now called Firefox ). I was the main pimp for Phoenix and so he brough in this rule saying if people had problems with IE ( or any other piece of software ) that you could not suggest alternatives to them; I used to push Phoenix to people with IE problems ( bugs, adware, spyware ) and that annoyed some people. He brought in this rule to stop my constant promotion. When someone suggested Phoenix in an IE thread I pointed out that he was breaking the new rule and I got into an argument with the Windows mod and got banned - forever. It's great to seeing everyone on Boards using/promoting Firefox nowadays :D I also appear to be permanently banned from games ( the ENTIRE games section - about 20 forums ) for saying I was downloading Doom III from the net and mentioning the name of the group who I was getting it from ( not linking just saying their name ).

I expect to be banned from all of Boards in a little over a year at this rate. I may be able to post in the Battlestar Galactica forum :rolleyes:

don't skimp on the pimping firefox is smashin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

Hobbes wrote:
    I was banned one week from politics. It was worth it.

call me green (but just dont ban me!) I didnt realise mods could be banned!! :)

I was banned from the games board for a few months. I jokingly described a friend as being the Irish Stephen Glass. He wasnt happy, so when he became a mod a few days later and he decided to ban me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

don't skimp on the pimping firefox is smashin
    Bloody RIGHT!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Never been banned but have been responsible for quite a few bannings :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I was banned from Humour for dead baby jokes, I forgot to read the charter which specifically forbids dead baby jokes. D'oh. I dunno why they're still forbidden, dead baby jokes are fúcking hilarious.

Also Green Issues and After Hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Web Hosting and Humanities. Mentally defective mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

have to say dapper gent - you posted some good advise on PI, unless I missed some of your finer moments!
    anyhoo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bananayoghurt

DapperGent wrote:
    I was banned from Humour for dead baby jokes, I forgot to read the charter which specifically forbids dead baby jokes. D'oh. I dunno why they're still forbidden, dead baby jokes are fúcking hilarious.

Also Green Issues and After Hours.

which dead baby jokes ?, elaborate !

oo, that reminds me, i got banned from humour too for a sex with 28 year olds joke, i totally forgot about that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I can't remember it was ages ago. Could have been the burst armbands series. Always a classic.

Samo - was never banned from PI but I believe I've come quite close. In my sillier moments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

never been banned from anywhere,

Advertisement