Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered freesat card for Ireland

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Colm80 wrote:
    It works out at €28.66 for card and €71.65 for Uk address A bit Expensive but when you dont know any body in the uk its not bad.

I am close to sorting out a deal for all members of Boards.ie(that is those who do not have access to a UK address) that will enable them to get one of these cards for the price that that other website charge for the uk address. Once I have the all the details finalised I will post the revelant information.

@ Damo
    If you feel I am breaking any rules here I apolgise in advance.Its just I feel that the current price that is been spoken about here is a little steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Sorry Leonard.... because of the minefield that this could get us into, I will have to say "no" to this. As we know, FTV cards are meant to go only to UK licence holders, so what yer man is doing aint exactly kosher.

What we do here is alert to people that FTV cards are there, they can be got, and on your head be it if you want to get one.

DMC wrote:
    Sorry Leonard.... because of the minefield that this could get us into, I will have to say "no" to this. As we know, FTV cards are meant to go only to UK licence holders, so what yer man is doing aint exactly kosher.

What we do here is alert to people that FTV cards are there, they can be got, and on your head be it if you want to get one.

No problem Damo. Sorry I didn't pm you first. I totally understand where you are coming from though.

Thanks squire... and I'm happy that you posted this up first, as it gives me and the mods a chance to advise where we stand to all.

Discussion of FTV cards is fine, no worries. But the last thing we need here in ICDG and in Satellite in particular, is a load of "get me one, get me one, get me one" threads. The info can be here, everyone can read it, but you go off and get it under yer own steam.

Boards.ie has a For Sale section, with stated rules as to how to conduct a trade. I would advise anyone to use this facility if one wants to. But not here.

Bottom line.... Discussion; Yes. Trading; No.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

DMC wrote:

Bottom line.... Discussion; Yes. Trading; No.

Damn :):)

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

get me one, get me one !

Careful now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Macy

Down with this sort of thing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭toonarmy

mine came this morn ....will check her out at lunch

all's well ,worked straight away...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Colm80

Same here arrived
    101 BBC ONE East
    102 BBC TWO England
    103 ITV1 Anglia
    104 Channel 4
    105 Five
    118 ITV 2
    would of prefaired London versions on the epg . But that was always going to happen. But now im a happy camper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

BBc London is on 944 , tv london 963 and ch4 is 964

Thanks huh! i did not notice that. Thats great.

• Site Banned Posts: 29 mayoman1976

hi guys
    i would love to know how do you all get hold of these cards??

Page 1 of this thead has most of the info, mayoman1976.

I've looked on all the threads and there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer.... Do you have to get the new cards activated or are they already activated?

Mine came activated and got a letter that said so,
    So yes to your Question

Colm80 wrote:
    Mine came activated and got a letter that said so,
    So yes to your Question
    Sorry Colm, is that direct from sky or from the company? Getting mine through a mate in England rather though a company. (I probably should've been clearer!)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

Similar to Macy, I've ordered thru a family member direct from SKY. Interested to understand what I will need to do when I get it. Thx.

Macy wrote:
    Sorry Colm, is that direct from sky or from the company? Getting mine through a mate in England rather though a company. (I probably should've been clearer!)

Macy im not to sure about that. I would think if it was not switched on it would be only a phone call to sky to sort it out. If you do have to ring hide your phone number so sky dont know where you are ringing from. I know for a fact the card is not married to the sky box other wise i would not be able to get the channels im getting. If your friend in the UK has a sky box get him to ring sky and get it switched on. I would think its only card number they want.

Colm80 wrote:
    Macy im not to sure about that. I would think if it was not switched on it would be only a phone call to sky to sort it out. If you do have to ring hide your phone number so sky dont know where you are ringing from. I know for a fact the card is not married to the sky box other wish i would not be able to get the channels im getting. If your friend in the uk has a sky box get him to ring sky and get it switched on. I would think its only card number they want.
    Cheers, that's what I was asking. No problem me phoning and hiding the number, just wondered whether it was necessary and what they were looking for when you did phone up.

• Advertisement

No probs. I have 2 Sky boxs and card works fine in both. So that tells you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lukedavy

Edited by mod

Edited by mod

Ok Luke I've edited your post completely as it constituted advertising.

If people want information on your route to FTV cards, they can pm you, but please leave the specefics off this thread.

DMC isn't the only Gun in town :D

( thread stays open for now )

edited by mod

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

Macy wrote:
    Cheers, that's what I was asking. No problem me phoning and hiding the number, just wondered whether it was necessary and what they were looking for when you did phone up.

Macy, Let me know how you get on as you seem to have ordered from SKY before me and will probably receive them before me. I'll be interested to know what you have to do, Thx.

If the cards are coming direct from Sky, they WILL need to be activated once you receive the card. As I understand the company that colm purchased from, get the card activated before they send it out.

Hope this clarifies it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

I have one of these cards and a spare digibox. What I would like to know is, whether I can set up the two boxes in my living room, and operate the two of them,using the one coax cable, without having to change the lead at the back of the box..?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,835 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Is there any problem in using a Northern ireland address. I am very near the border and have quite a few friends in there that I could avail of.

One other question, I read several different replies to this but can somebody confirm: Is the card pre-activated before it is sent from Sky. If not, whose digibox does it have to be inserted into? i.e. my own or my friend's in N. I. and finally if it is the friends digibox does he have to give them his account and digibox details and will it then work in mine@

I read thro a good lot of the posts - quite a lot of them here - so hopefully I haven't asked the same question as someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

I have one of these cards and a spare digibox. What I would like to know is, whether I can set up the two boxes in my living room, and operate the two of them,using the one coax cable, without having to change the lead at the back of the box..?

Connect one box into the TV via RF channel & the other Via SCART. I'm not sure if theres any way around it, but you will require 2 seperate feeds from the LNB to the Digi boxes. Probably requiring either dual or quad feed LNB also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement