Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered freesat card for Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Neighboursfreak

Is there a limit to the amount of cards one household can get. For instance, if I ask my English mate to use his address, doe that use up his option of getting one too?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

When the old system was in place it used to be 4 per household, so I would assume thats its atleast that now. I got 5 today from a guy in the UK and all 5 were registered to the same address.

Funny thing with these though none of them came activated. I had to get each one done. I thought that I had read over on digispy that they were self activating. Well not these ones. Once activated they work in any digibox

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

Is there a limit to the amount of cards one household can get. For instance, if I ask my English mate to use his address, doe that use up his option of getting one too?

I was told that sales have said that you can only order two cards at a time the limit is 4 cards but if your insistant on the four cards at once they will let you order them once clearing it with a supervisor.

Neonitrix

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

digitaldr wrote:
    Sky certainly seem to have some issues with Irish credit cards - I got a new one and they wouldn't let me update the expiry date details over the phone - they would only accept it in writing. They told me that if it was a uk one I could have sorted it over the phone.

That's strange. My credit card expired last July, I got a new one, rang SKY and they took the new expiry date over the phone. My SKY subscription has appeared on my credit card bill ever since, no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

Leonard wrote:
    Funny thing with these though none of them came activated.

I'm thinking of getting one of these. What is the procedure for activating them? Do you just stick them in the box and wait?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Mine is in the post from Engerland!

I belive the process is you call them, giving the name and address of the person the card is sent to (registered to!). (You need to hide your caller id by dialling 141 first).
    They say pop in the card to your digibox, then they send an activation signal and away you go.
    PS Te card does not seem to be married to the box, ie from what others are saying it appears they will work in any digibox once activated.

X

Fr0g wrote:
    I'm thinking of getting one of these. What is the procedure for activating them? Do you just stick them in the box and wait?

I ended up having to ring the number on the back of the card and pretend I was the person that those cards were registered to. I have 3 of the five done now. After about 2 hours of making the call all channels were on.

I was told that my two cards arrived in the post to my friend in england so am getting them posted to me :)

Neonitrix

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭s_gr

Do you not have to version & serial number of digibox that the card will be used on for it to be activated? Also can you get the UTV region on these cards or does it depend on the region it was ordered from.

s_gr wrote:
    Do you not have to version & serial number of digibox that the card will be used on for it to be activated? Also can you get the UTV region on these cards or does it depend on the region it was ordered from.

Yes you will need to have the version and serial numbers to hand. As regards the ITV region you will recieve, well that does depend on where the card was ordered from. Although all the ITV regions are available through the other channels method.

• Advertisement

Received my cards this morning

quick question:

Dont seem to have channel 4 or channel 5 in the epg any idea how I activate them is it thru other channels?

tks

ed

You will need to ring it in, if it has not been activated yet. You dont mention ITV1, is that on the epg. If it is it is only a matter of leaving the card in the box and the others will eventually come on.

Jebus H Christmas - rang sky.

How long from activation signal to channels coming thru usually?

20 min
    2 hours
    Overnight?

tks

Neonitrix

neonitrix wrote:
    Jebus H Christmas - rang sky.

How long from activation signal to channels coming thru usually?

20 min
    2 hours
    Overnight?

tks

Neonitrix

Usally an hour for channels to appear in the other channels menu and a further hour for your epg to be updated.

Happy viewing

Have now got:

Channel 4
    Itv's
    All the BBC's
    Five

all tuned in via other channels

thanks guys

neonitrix

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

neonitrix wrote:
    Channel 4
    Itv's
    All the BBC's
    Five

all tuned in via other channels

Are these not on the epg?
    bit of a bummer going through other channels

I would assume that they are on his EPG by now. The activation can take anything from 20 mins to 4 hours. Firstly the channels appear in other channels and then a second signal is sent to determine the region of the card. Finally the EPG is undated to give

101 BBC 1 REGION
    102 BBC 2 Eng
    103 Itv region
    104 Ch 4
    105 Five
    115 BBC 3
    116 BBC 4
    118 ITV2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭toonarmy

right ...i've ordered one also ...lovely [hope shes here by thurs!!]

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

Guys,
    If i get AN Other to order these cards for his house in London, he gets them 2 weeks later from Sky right. Now, is he the one supoposed to activate them...or am i supposed to activate them, ie. what box do you stick them into to activate! And what happens if my mate in London doesn't actually have a Sky box to activate them in?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

If anyone is ordering cards from the UK and has any spare please PM me. I'll pay you handsomely for FTV cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

daveg wrote:
    If anyone is ordering cards from the UK and has any spare please PM me. I'll pay you handsomely for FTV cards.

Me too , anyone willing to put an extra card on their order , please contact me .

Thanks ...

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rizzo the Rat

legend99 you activate it by putting in your sky box in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

thanks Rizzo. Must get on the case to London so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭intersplat

The freesat card I odrered from skycards.net was already activated . They say they activate all cards before they send out . Anyway I didn't need to do anything only reboot the box and all were working . Have ordered another for bedroom ... I'm a sucker :D

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

intersplat wrote:
    The freesat card I odrered from skycards.net was already activated . They say they activate all cards before they send out . Anyway I didn't need to do anything only reboot the box and all were working . Have ordered another for bedroom ... I'm a sucker :D

Dont suppose you would add one for me to your order ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭toonarmy

Colm80 wrote:
    I ordered a card from them guys 2 weeks ago. Still waiting. Lost count how many times ive emailed them regarding the card. If i dont receive it by friday i will tell them to stick it where the sun dont shine.

ordered mine with the fast post option ...yesterday , just got emailed said its on the way ....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

I ordered on a Friday and had it on the following Tuesday. Worked fine, just took about 1 minute to sort itself out after putting it in, then all was well and I've been swapping cards frequently since....no probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Ozzie

I ordered one through a friend in Liverpool. Sounds good. I tried the phone number stated earlier but seemed to get a wrong no. Got a different 0870 no. from the freesat website. Rang it. got through to the familiar Scottish Sky girl. As stated earlier, all she wanted was my name, the postcode and a phone no. (gave friend's UK no.). She checked postcode, confirming name of street and I paid with my Irish credit card. Very sraightforward. Hopefully I'll have card late next week so I'll keep ye informed.

Out of interest what is the total charge for ordering a card from Sky Cards.net

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Colm80

It works out at €28.66 for card and €71.65 for Uk address A bit Expensive but when you dont know any body in the uk its not bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement