Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disco's/nightclubs; an excuse to wear as little as possible?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Lady^Jane

Mordeth wrote:
    well where else are they to go if they want one night stands?

if they stand around the street asking politely, they'd get arrested.

I guess so..but why one nite stand??!!..isn't that like degrading yourself.like why cant they just go and have a proper r.ship and have fun with it and probably get all the nites to themselves rather then go down that road..if you know what i mean..i dunno bout other ppl..but i wouldn't want to be treated that way or let myself be treated that way..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭chizzle dizzle

I agree Lady^Jane, I certainly wouldn't want to go to a nightclub just to get a one night stand. I would go looking classy and not go showing everything of my body. I would go with the intention of having a laugh with my friends and if I got male attention, well, well and good but I would'nt go with the intention of pulling a fella for a one night stand.
    Also some girls go to nightclubs wearing next to nothing just for a fella to buy them drinks for the night because they didn't bother bringing money and thats all they want from the guys, is for them to buy them drink. At the end of the night they'll say "see ye later"and move on to pull the next guy to buy them drink. Cheapskates!! Have some independence girls and grow up a a bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

as long as there are drunk men willing to buy them drinks they will continue to do it. it's like.. a part of nature.

Ye but seriously come on, girls that do that are so immature. But maybe when they get a reality check in life they will then realise just how stupid they are.
    Maybe, just maybe they will grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Lady^Jane

I agree with you chizzle..hopefully they get to realise it soon!!..and not too late..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Leave more to the imagination. You might just get rid of the attentions of those charmless folks who don't have any imagination.

Lady^Jane wrote:
    I guess so..but why one nite stand??!!..isn't that like degrading yourself.like why cant they just go and have a proper r.ship and have fun with it and probably get all the nites to themselves rather then go down that road..if you know what i mean..i dunno bout other ppl..but i wouldn't want to be treated that way or let myself be treated that way..

well I'm told sex is great fun, so naturally alot of people would want to do it as often as possible. Often without the emotional baggage that comes along with relationships, sex is just sex and if people want just sex they should be able to get just sex, without having to be labelled as sluts or "whatever" because they enjoy what is a very natural and (woefully) energetic act.
    I'd imagine too that most people who have these controversial "One night stands" would prefer not to become involved romantically with the one night standee, hence the... one night element of the stand. There's nothing wrong with wanting sex, whatever the pope might try to say.

chizzle and lady jane.. you both seem to have certain.. moral issues and judgements made already about the "types" of girls that do this. That kinda thing is dangerous.. just because you don't agree with it or understand it doesn't mean that it's wrong. This catholic idea that sex is something only for couples/married-couples is... outdated, to say the least. Let the masses shag.. just educate the idiots about birth control and sexual disease.

Anyhoo, this is slightly off topic.. but as I'm one of the few people on boards who can edit posts on this forum, I doubt much is going to get done about it.

(you plebs better keep near enough to the topic however... )

Well if people want one night stands they should be be very clear that they could catch some disease and there could be terrible consiquences from that one night of pleasure.
    I dont have a problem with people having sex and that catholic law is definately outdated. Sex its a natural part of life but people that are in a relationship: marraige and boyfriend and girlfriend should have sex and not just this one night stand thing

The girls that have one night stands will think its fine and what harm can be done, I'm just having fun, but then when something does happen they will just go looking for people to help them and look for moral support when in the first place this was all their falt because they didnt take heed of the consequences. This happens a lot more than you may think, I've heard hundreds of stories of unfortunate girls that this has happend to and yet at the time they didn't think. They went out looking completely available with their short skirts and skimpy tops looking for a guy to pull.

Well if people want one night stands they should be be very clear that they could catch some disease and there could be terrible consiquences from that one night of pleasure.

There could be terrible consequences from my crossing the road to buy milk tomorrow morning, but I have been brought up with an education regarding the dangers of crossing the road and I always look left/right before doing so. Nothing in life is without risk. This is one of the reasons for condoms. If people choose not to wear condoms, and the girl gets pregnant (or either of them gets an infection) then it's her/his fault. As adults we should be prepared to deal with the consequences of our actions.
    Sex its a natural part of life but people that are in a relationship: marraige and boyfriend and girlfriend should have sex and not just this one night stand thing

um... why? Like I said earlier, alot of people don't want to be in relationships but still want to have sex. It is in their own best interests to use the proper protective methods and to keep themselves healthy. Sadly alot of people are ****ing morons.
    The girls that have one night stands will think its fine and what harm can be done, I'm just having fun, but then when something does happen they will just go looking for people to help them and look for moral support when in the first place this was all their falt because they didnt take heed of the consequences.

Again, condoms. Sexual education, blah blah blah. A girl who goes out shagging all willy nilly without using protection and then gets pregnant as a result of this willy nillific shagging is a moron. I'm not sure anyone is disputing that point. The point is that if people use the proper protective measures available to them there is no good reason why they should not be free to have sex with whichever consenting partner they wish. That being said, everything in moderation ;)
    This happens a lot more than you may think, I've heard hundreds of stories of unfortunate girls that this has happend to and yet at the time they didn't think. They went out looking completely available with their short skirts and skimpy tops looking for a guy to pull.

what about the girls who go out wearing "proper" clothing and still pull lads and sleep with them and get pregnant? Don't judge a book by it's cover, etc etc etc. Tbh, you just sound jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

golden gal wrote:
    i'v been going out to nightclubs ect. alot lately and iv noticed that they seem to be an excuse for girls to wear as little clothes as possible. i mean we all like to dress up to go out but i personally like to look classy and not trashy. girls who wear very reavealing clothing are seen in a different light and give off the wrong impression. you can look just as sexy in something that has you covered up but shows your figure as you can in something that shows all your assets. Girls, please leave something to the imagination!

do you think it give's off the wrong impression guys?? im a girl and i think it does.

When I had a good figure as an 18 year old I used to wear "very revealing clothing" I didn't give a blind f**k what fellas or girls like you thought about me! I always took good care of myself and had a cracking good time, and never once went home with or got sh*gged by "some guy" or anything like that. By the time I turned 19 I was twelve and a half stone and looked a state so turned to wearing baggy pants like dungarees bottoms and t-shirts out. Surprise surprise the same kinda guys cracked on to me.
    I've lost weight since but I don't think i'll never get back the confidence I had. I'm glad I had the chance to show off my body in a way that I felt comfortable with. Even if everyone thought i looked sh*te, I felt good and had a great time ... regardless of what guys stood at the bar discussing how slutty I must be or girls huddled in the toilets making snide comments about how I look think. I think everyone should wear what makes them FEEL good. If they wanna wear "revealing" outfits, let 'em! I'd never begrudge any girl that freedom I only wish I could go back and do it again!

• Advertisement

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    yea totlally agree chizzle dizzle the rest of us dont wanna be lookin at some young ones bits all night , if thats the only way you can get a fella like , im sorry but its a sad state of affairs .

Don't look then, God knows I don't give a rat's b*llix what anyone else is wearing when I'm out having a good time! Just relaaaxxxxx kiddies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

hard not to look when someone has a spare tyre hanging out over there painted on jeans , .

Mordeath, I'm certainly not jelous and dont use that excuse for me giving my opinion. Its so pathetic. There is nothing to be jelous of for God sake. These girls just look like slags so why would I be envious? I'm sorry but its not my style. I have a good figure but use it to my advantage and make myself look classy with what I have and flaunt it in a good way and believe it or not I get guys comming up to me too.

Would you like if your girl friend wore next to nothing when going out and all the guys wanting a shag off her and giving her all the attention?Then you can get jelous.
    But dont call me jelous, you have no idea of how I look when going out so dont jump to conclusions. Im the girl you would want to bring home to your parents not some trampish looking girl you find in a nightclub throwing herself at every male or female for that matter if she swings that way too!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Mordeath, I'm certainly not jelous and dont use that excuse for me giving my opinion. Its so pathetic. There is nothing to be jelous of for God sake. These girls just look like slags so why would I be envious? I'm sorry but its not my style. I have a good figure but use it to my advantage and make myself look classy with what I have and flaunt it in a good way and believe it or not I get guys comming up to me too.

Would you like if your girl friend wore next to nothing when going out and all the guys wanting a shag off her and giving her all the attention?Then you can get jelous.
    But dont call me jelous, you have no idea of how I look when going out so dont jump to conclusions. Im the girl you would want to bring home to your parents not some trampish looking girl you find in a nightclub throwing herself at every male or female for that matter if she swings that way too!

I think a picture of you in your going out gear is the only solution!!! ;)

Well , and please don't read this as being a bitchy comment for I am genuinely curious, if you dress so well, have such a good figure and get all the lads, Why do you give a sh*t what anyone else is doing??? Like I said earlier I don't!! I've lived both lives! And I still don't give a rats ass. Why is everyone so hung up on what others are doing? If you're not jealous, why are you rattled? Why does it bother you at all?

Oh and FYI kids, just because a girl is wearing "trampy" clothes doesn't mean she is on the pull or looking for fellas to buy her drink. God knows I never was.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Well me personnally:

ok i'd be lying if i said i wore skimpy tight tops purely for comfort but another reason is i like to dance a lot, any time i wear a long sleeved top i only end up taking it off... thus usually were a t-shirt or vest out.

oh and, if you got it, flaunt it baby ;)

yeah but you *are* a slutty tramp az :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭Ardent

Nasty_Girl wrote:
    Oh and FYI kids, just because a girl is wearing "trampy" clothes doesn't mean she is on the pull or looking for fellas to buy her drink. God knows I never was.

I'm sure that's the case with many ladies, if that's the right term to use. But, personally, I see some girls with practically nothing on and I think it's a bit sad.

Out of interest, seeing as you can speak from experience, what is the motivation for girls to dress like you used to? God knows there has to be some reason, otherwise you'd have dressed in baggy jeans and t-shirts back then like you do know. Was it the attention you got, did you enjoy the leering?

I think myself, in the majority of cases, it probably has something to with approaching the latter stages of teenage life and having this compulsion to show, in a misguided way, how "grown up" they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Ardent wrote:
    Out of interest, seeing as you can speak from experience, what is the motivation for girls to dress like you used to?

Narcissism is a powerful force...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭Ardent

simu wrote:
    Narcissism is a powerful force...

Hadn't thought of that! Good call...

Ardent wrote:
    Hadn't thought of that! Good call...
    I can't explain why I did it, it wasn't really "ooh look at me ride me now pay attention to me I am sex goddess of the universe" It was "oh hey that's a nice top I think i'll wear that" I just felt good wearin it and it never really mattered how I really looked or who was lookin at me or not lookin at me!

Ardent wrote:

Out of interest, seeing as you can speak from experience, what is the motivation for girls to dress like you used to? God knows there has to be some reason, otherwise you'd have dressed in baggy jeans and t-shirts back then like you do know. Was it the attention you got, did you enjoy the leering?

QUOTE]

Was in me local a few months ago just after comin down from a mates house and was waitin for my boyfreind to finish work there. I was wearing baggy jeans with a massive stain on and a faded old t shirt, no make up and my hair... well less said about that the better, this 40 year old comes up behind me and buts the hand on my back, "Jayzus gurl you've some body on ya, do ya want a drink" I politely explained the bar was closed and my boyfriend was on the other side of it, to which he said "Jayzuz gurl he's some lucky c*nt You're some lucky c*nt boy!" and so on, so you see you can get leered at no matter what!!! It doesn't really make a difference!!

Nasty_Girl wrote:
    Well , and please don't read this as being a bitchy comment for I am genuinely curious, if you dress so well, have such a good figure and get all the lads, Why do you give a sh*t what anyone else is doing??? Like I said earlier I don't!! I've lived both lives! And I still don't give a rats ass. Why is everyone so hung up on what others are doing? If you're not jealous, why are you rattled? Why does it bother you at all?

Eh ye I didnt start this thread in the first place and there are other people agreeing with me so I'm not the only one with this opinion. Its not that I give a **** what other are doing its just that they look so trampish. They could look a lot better because most of the girls I see wearing these clothes are attractive but they could make themselves look a lot more descent and still get the same attention they came out looking for. They dress like this to get attention and make themselves look easy for the opposite sex. Have you not seen the state of some girls around Dublin, they are just asking for trouble and some day they may regret it because they could end up getting raped or something.
    By all means wear a skirt when going out but not one that goes half way up your ass and a top that basically covers just your nipples. You could look just as sexy when wearing a longer skirt and a less revealing top.
    How can you feel comfortable in ****ty skirts that look like their meant for 4 year olds and a little top. BULL****!! you are doing it for attention and just face it.Attention over comfort, thats the bottom line.

Eh ye I didnt start this thread in the first place and there are other people agreeing with me so I'm not the only one with this opinion.
    I never said you were, there were just somethings in your post I was curious about, I'm sorry if you feel I attacked you personally.
    Its not that I give a **** what other are doing
    you do or you wouldn't be posting, nobody would! ;)
    they are just asking for trouble and some day they may regret it because they could end up getting raped or something.
    That could happen no matter what they were wearing or where they were going. I got spiked wearing manky clothes and beat up runners.
    By all means wear a skirt when going out but not one that goes half way up your ass and a top that basically covers just your nipples.
    Why not? If it feels good do it! I quite like the jessica rabbit look.......
    How can you feel comfortable in ****ty skirts that look like their meant for 4 year olds and a little top. BULL****!! you are doing it for attention and just face it.Attention over comfort, thats the bottom line.
    I never do anything unless I feel comfortable thank you very much! The clothes you mentioned are only uncomfortable if they are the wrong size! And for me personally attention never came into it! I'm happy that I had a chance to wear "slutty" clothes and enjoy my body while I had it (I was an extrememely fat ugly child) even if it was only for a year. And trust me kid, "girls who go out looking for attention" could get it even if they were wearing a burka.

Now a quick Q for everyone, how come no one complains about bikinis and skirts at the beach? becuase it's hot? So's a nightclub, god knows I always end up with a sweat patch down me front when I go out in a t shirt!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Unfortunately this thread highlights the worst of irish women. Snide, bitchy and resentful of anyone doing something they regard as being somewhat liberated. Mind your own business, and stop getting worked up over what people you don't even know wear. Oh I know, you're only upset because they could look so much better and it's the humanitarian coming out in you, but try not judging for all of society how people act or behave.

Everyone should wear what they like, and for their sake this should make them look their best. Obviously, overweight people should not wear tight clothes. If they do, they look crap, and I usually exercise my god given right to look the other direction. Some girls have fantastic bodies, they know it, and wear revealing clothes to accentuate this. There's nothing wrong with this, I've seen some stunning girls look even more stunning by virtue of their clothing (or lack thereof).

Being a guy, I'm not sure how much 'class' comes in to it. If a girl has a great body and quite a bit of it is on display guys will like it. Don't blame women for the fact that drunk guys can be aggressive or arséholes. And don't even allude to rape as possibly being encouraged or understandable by virtue of a form of dress, for shame.

Presumably you are all aware of your ability to refrain from looking at people/things. Exercise it. Alternatively get down the gym and get your pudgy bodies into shape so you can dress like that, which is what this is really about. You wish you had the "assets" and confidence to pull it off. Repressed Catholics, the lot of you.

here here well said!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

'Alternatively get down the gym and get your pudgy bodies into shape so you can dress like that, which is what this is really about. You wish you had the "assets" and confidence to pull it off. '

Spot on.

NoelRock wrote:
    'Alternatively get down the gym and get your pudgy bodies into shape so you can dress like that, which is what this is really about. You wish you had the "assets" and confidence to pull it off. '

Spot on.

I do have A very good body, I am thin and am proud of it but I dont go around looking like a whore. I cover myself up a bit and still get attention from guys. Just because these trashy girls cant get attention they feel the only option to get it is to wear as little as possible. Its true just face it!!and you are trying to get attention from guys so why are you all denying it? Comfort is not why you dress like that. How on earth is it comfortable may I ask! its a stupid excuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Chizzle dizzle stop taking all the posts so personally! I don't think everyone is trying to target you or something... o.O

Everyone has a different idea of what looks good, people will most likely wear what they think good, so you can't tell them it's wrong. Kind of like opinions.

Yeah, it's nasty, some people look like cheap hookers, but maybe they want to.

And anyway, what's wrong with wearing clothes that you like, that make you feel better about yourself? If people only wore clothes for the comfort, we'd all be wearing.. I dunno, like grey boiler suits or something. (Disclaimer: I have never tried on a boiler suit, so just substitute that with something which is really really comfortable).
    It's possible to wear clothes which may have sexual appeal without actually trying to gain attention, specifically. Maybe people just like to feel sexy?

I mean, if someone is looking for attention, I'd say they could find ways not necessarily clothing based.

</rant>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement