Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disco's/nightclubs; an excuse to wear as little as possible?

Options
  • 31-10-2004 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

i'v been going out to nightclubs ect. alot lately and iv noticed that they seem to be an excuse for girls to wear as little clothes as possible. i mean we all like to dress up to go out but i personally like to look classy and not trashy. girls who wear very reavealing clothing are seen in a different light and give off the wrong impression. you can look just as sexy in something that has you covered up but shows your figure as you can in something that shows all your assets. Girls, please leave something to the imagination!

do you think it give's off the wrong impression guys?? im a girl and i think it does.
    Post edited by Twee. on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭chizzle dizzle

Ye I agree. I go out to nightclubs and disco's whatever you want to call them and you see some girls wearing basically a piece of cloth covering their bust and a belt as a skirt. A lot of guys see these types of girls as easy catches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

A lot of guys see these types of girls as easy catches

That's because plenty of them are. I know there's a group who argue that girls should be able to wear whatever they like without repercussions. But it's hard to believe they don't know what message they're broadcasting.

I guess alot of them like the attention and some like making their intentions clear.

Not that I'm not all for it :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

*shrug*

can't say it does much for me, but there's no reason why they shouldn't be allowed wear what they want. Nightclubs (alcahol serving nightclubs anyway) are often about quick and easy sexual encounters, "going on" with someone or having a nice one night stand.. these kind of clothes are both suggestive (which is what alot/some of these girls are going for I assume) and easier to throw onto the floor in the drunken throes of passion. They are both attractive (clearly) and practical and if that is what those girls are going for, then they're doing the right thing.
    I'm sure some of the girls who like to dress revealingly are sometimes angered/disturbed by the attention they receive from their male counterparts in nightclubs but honestly.. what do you expect? Drunk men + not many clothes on women = horny drunk men.

horny drunk men.. .well.. they're horny, drunk.. and above all.. men :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i agree with most of that Mordeth....

I think that some good looking girls with fine figures often wear clothes that are way to revealing and as a consequence don't look as good as they should....it's hard to explain this without coming across as a prat. :D

for example, exposed bellies: some girls have normal stomachs which are a bit soft...these can often look quite bad as they poke over the really tight skirts and tight tops, that seem to be envogue at the moment. So rather than thinking what a fine stomach a girl has, your noticing it for the wrong reasons.....

what we consider "attractive" in a woman is nothing more than social pressure (even if you do go for women who are.. not the norm, you are who you are because.. it's the way we made you :) ) .. what has been considered attractive has changed and changed, and changed again as time passed.. case in point.. big arses on women seem to be back in fashion (thank you Jennifer lopez?) in certain parts of the world, and there seems to be a slight rebellion against the idea that the perfect woman is a tiny woman (that stupid oil of ulay ad "well, it wouldn't be much challenging testing our firming crean on size 6 models".. makes you wonder why they were doing it for so long before this.. or does it?). Another case to consider... the eighties :)

• Advertisement

I can but totally agree....especially the 80's :D

go on the Big hair!!!LH1B2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

golden gal wrote:
    i'v been going out to nightclubs ect. alot lately and iv noticed that they seem to be an excuse for girls to wear as little clothes as possible. i mean we all like to dress up to go out but i personally like to look classy and not trashy. girls who wear very reavealing clothing are seen in a different light and give off the wrong impression. you can look just as sexy in something that has you covered up but shows your figure as you can in something that shows all your assets. Girls, please leave something to the imagination!

do you think it give's off the wrong impression guys?? im a girl and i think it does.

I wouldn't care about what impression clothes make in terms of "morality" in this case but, as other people have stated, many scantily dressed people would look better if they left more to the imagination. Another thing that amazes me is how you see women going around in these scanty outfits after clubs close as if warm winter coats had not yet been invented - have they no nervous systems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

golden gal wrote:

What's the wrong impression defined as. I can guarantee they're giving off the impression they want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

i tend to have a general rule there by you can wear a slutty skirt or a slutty top but never both togeather , to be fair most fellas i go out with drinking now not as f*k buddies or whatever will go for the most fleshy girl they see , personally i think it depends on how its pulled off ,
    to be honest if the only way you can get a fella is by showing em everything you have before they even embaress thereself with some chat up line good go with that ,
    its up to the person i suppose , myself im more concerned with the smells going around night clubs these days ,
    sure if all else fails a quiet night in with your good frend jack daniels is on the cards , :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I agree with golden gal and chizzle dizzle, for once. And if you dress like that, boys don't have respect for you, you're just seen as easy. It's pretty much the unwritten rule that you can wear a slutty top or belt skirt, but not together. That's just thrashy, you have to leave something to the imagination!

• Advertisement

I agree with golden gal and chizzle dizzle, for once. And if you dress like that, boys don't have respect for you, you're just seen as easy.

Meh, who cares. I see nothing wrong with being promiscuous once you take steps to prevent unwanted pregnancy and STDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Meh. Personally I would find girls who wear less more intimidating. I think its mostly because, *ahem* those type of girls tend to be more aggressive (they are most of the time only after one thing)

I don't find it overly attrative either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Personally I think its great, its survival of the fittest. You should show your belly, its so attractive, but if your belly hangs over your jeans/skirt then dont. Im sorry to say we just laugh at you. Picture the gay guy in little britan with the thight top on. Thats how attractive you look. Although in saying I like a girl who shows it off a bit, I have to say when a girl is wearing jeans and a top with ever so shlight mid riff on show it is so sexy. I saw a woman in the bank yesterday with tightish trousers and a woolyish jumper on with a tiny bit of midriff on show and I thought it was perfect.

narommy wrote:
    I've never seen skimpy outfits in clubs or pubs. Where have ye seen this?

:D
    Its illegal in Kildare.
    And rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

Yeah have to agree here, I mean if a girl thinks that she has to go out wearing as little as possible to get a fella's attention, then mores the fool her! :rolleyes:
    I think if you want to dress to impress going out, then don't go out like everyother sadcase that things that tits & arse all over the place is the best way to get attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Fudger

ban them i say, the dirty little vixens, duffel coats should be handed out at the doors and the fake tan power washed from their milk bottle skin.

I like my beer cold, and my women pale!

narommy wrote:

Have you ever been to Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i think its fine to wear what you want as long as you know the consequences.
    personally, i'll dress up like that every now and again for fun, but its too much bloody effort to do it every weekend, and at the end of the day you get all the wrong men coming on to you for all the wrong reasons. yeah its nice to look good, but when everyone just thinks your easy cause of it, its a pain in the ass.

• Advertisement

Seraphina wrote:
    yeah its nice to look good, but when everyone just thinks your easy cause of it, its a pain in the ass.

too....many...jokes..... :confused:

Sorry. :o

But seriously, i do think girls should feel comfortable wearing whatever the hell they like....it's just other people always judge you based on your appearance. :rolleyes:

Well in my opinion girls who say that they are comfortable wearing a tight top and a short belt skirt must be of their rocker! I mean you go out there dressing for one thing only and that is to get bloody attention, face it!

Then there are those pathetic girls who say that they are fed up of getting attention. well if you are so fed up of it just stop wearing your skimpy clothes or just go to your local. Problem solved!

By all means make an effort when going out but dress classy and not trashy. We all dont want to see your assests you know including guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

yea totlally agree chizzle dizzle the rest of us dont wanna be lookin at some young ones bits all night , if thats the only way you can get a fella like , im sorry but its a sad state of affairs .

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭golden gal

" i do think girls should feel comfortable wearing whatever the hell they like"

this is a fair point but tell me how is wearing a belt sized skirt comfortable? yuo cant bend over cuz people can see your ass and its freezing! i like to look nice but when i wear skirts (which is usually what i wear going out) i have a bit of pride and i leave something to the imagination!!

maybe they have an exhibitionist streak?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

you think?!
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

All good looking girls are really really big headed, some of them hide it well....others dont.

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    yea totlally agree chizzle dizzle the rest of us dont wanna be lookin at some young ones bits all night , if thats the only way you can get a fella like , im sorry but its a sad state of affairs .

ye I agree Oldyellar, we dont want to be looking at young ones bits all night. Its mingen! Cover up for gods sake and stop showing everything you have just to get some male attention. Its your problem if you cant get attention so stop subjecting the rest or us to your assests. I pitty you if you feel the need to flaunt what you have to get guys to notice you.
    SAD IS WHAT YOU ARE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Lady^Jane

The thing I don't understand is..why do these kind of ppl would ever want to just go to nightclubs or disco just for the sake of giving the impression that they are cheap and just wanna have a one night stand..dont they have any respect for themselves..I mean whats so great of getting that kind of attention..and the thought of you have to where those kind of clothes than only you can get attention is way to sad..shish! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

well where else are they to go if they want one night stands?

if they stand around the street asking politely, they'd get arrested.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement