Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Home and Away" drug - real or fictional?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭fletch

Ever notice how you can stop watching Home n Away for months on end but all it takes is one episode to catch up on the pitiful storylines.
    Oh and Australia must be FULL of runaway children who end up in Summer Bay. When they arrive, they are rebellious thugs, in trouble with the law and leave about 3months later, potential saints! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

fletch wrote:
    Ever notice how you can stop watching Home n Away for months on end but all it takes is one episode to catch up on the pitiful storylines.
    Oh and Australia must be FULL of runaway children who end up in Summer Bay. When they arrive, they are rebellious thugs, in trouble with the law and leave about 3months later, potential saints! :rolleyes:

:):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

fletch wrote:

Thats convict land for ya.

The amazing rehabilitating powers of the southern hemisphere...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

fletch wrote:
    When they arrive, they are rebellious thugs, in trouble with the law and leave about 3months later, potential saints! :rolleyes:
    Ya. And the people, often without jobs, just take the little rascals in. Pippa was the worst offender but Irene Roberts was also bad - taking in any old runaways, supporting them whilst working a minimum pay job.

Although there was one great character... Tracy I think her name was (I'm sure doh.ie remembers) who was consistently tormenting Sophie. She was irredemable and, in the end, they kicked her out of the house. But on the way out of Summer Bay a limousine passes her and this old one winds the window down and offers her a lift and she gets this evil smile, gets in, and drives off to victory... On a lesser note Pippa failed with Jack and he had to go to the navy to be finally redeemed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

and what about Blakes sister??? didnt see go all bad and got carted off to jail.?

• Advertisement

gazzer wrote:
    and what about Blakes sister??? didnt see go all bad and got carted off to jail.?
    That's right - Karen wasn't it? I'm glad I can remember useful stuff...

i always remember when Irene first came into it, she always wore a bikers jacket and had a cigerette permanantly in her mounth and a bottle of 'grog' in her pocket...

There was one episode where she was trying to get into Pippas house cos her kids (cant remember their names) were there and she tried to get in through the kitchen window..... and just look at her now. Never mind organised religions.... get to summer bay and the goodness willl change you to a better person in no time

Indeed. It's no wonder then that, when she got a role in Alias Season 3, Melissa George, who played Angel the wife of Shane "died of septescema" Parish
    sought, and got, to play an utterly irredemable uber bitch

doh.ie wrote:
    No, I think they're now changed this since or around the arrival of the no-different RTE TWO. The 6.30 (RTE2) episode on Monday is repeated at 1.25 on RTE1 on Tuesday and so on.

It used to be the way you described above, but now the afternoon ones are the previous day's. Something about keeping the 'repeats' (Fair City and Eastenders are in the same scheduling block) together.

Yes and I think they did all this with absolutely no notice given to the viewer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

ixoy wrote:
    Although there was one great character... Tracy I think her name was (I'm sure doh.ie remembers) who was consistently tormenting Sophie.

Ah, this was great fun. Your memory is very good. I think she was Tracey Turner. Kept torturing Sophie by getting her into all kinds of trouble - of course Pippa, who had only known Tracey a wet week, believed her over Sophie.
    ixoy wrote:
    But on the way out of Summer Bay a limousine passes her and this old one winds the window down and offers her a lift and she gets this evil smile, gets in, and drives off to victory...

I'd forgotten that. Was it ever revealed who that was? It's the kind of funky daft thing Home & Away did back when it was cool. Not so much ingenuity (if you can call it that) or cleverness for years now.

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote:
    Indeed. It's no wonder then that, when she got a role in Alias Season 3, Melissa George, who played Angel the wife of Shane "died of septescema" Parish.

Not to mention Julian McMahon (he'd be Carly's husband) early success in Hollywood with Profiler a few years ago and latterly Nip/Tuck.

I also recall a girl called Viv (played by Moouse or Mouche Something) who I feel in love with as a teenager, expected her to go on to great things, but once she left the Bay, she was never seen again. (She was the one whose evil Reverend father used to lock her and her sister under the stairs. As they do.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

doh.ie wrote:
    Not to mention Julian McMahon (he'd be Carly's husband) early success in Hollywood with Profiler a few years ago and latterly Nip/Tuck.

I also recall a girl called Viv (played by Moouse or Mouche Something) who I feel in love with as a teenager, expected her to go on to great things, but once she left the Bay, she was never seen again. (She was the one whose evil Reverend father used to lock her and her sister under the stairs. As they do.)

Mouche Phillips, didn't think she was any great shakes, but why do I remember her name so !!!!! :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

fletch wrote:
    Oh and Australia must be FULL of runaway children who end up in Summer Bay.

Thats like in Neighbours, every year some kid one turn up in Ramsay St, a lovechild of Jim Robinson, he musta done some serious riding back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭DuFF-MAN

Oh and Australia must be FULL of runaway children who end up in Summer Bay. When they arrive, they are rebellious thugs, in trouble with the law and leave about 3months later, potential saints!

here,here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

i hated the way they changed the pippas a few years ago, i was getting used to the blonde one...

Who remembers the italian family (i think) the son was named Nico, they ran the general store i think. That was ages ago. There was a storyline where someone poisoned Nicos cows!!

Thats like in Neighbours, every year some kid one turn up in Ramsay St, a lovechild of Jim Robinson, he musta done some serious riding back in the day.
    What a man. Now he's living under a new name as a millionaire in Orange County, California and getting to bang a woman young enough to be his daughter. Respect.

Ruu wrote:
    i hated the way they changed the pippas a few years ago, i was getting used to the blonde one...

Who remembers the italian family (i think) the son was named Nico, they ran the general store i think. That was ages ago. There was a storyline where someone poisoned Nicos cows!!

Anyone know of a website that maybe charts and has pics of all the different characters that have been in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

gazzer wrote:
    i always remember when Irene first came into it, she always wore a bikers jacket and had a cigerette permanantly in her mounth and a bottle of 'grog' in her pocket...

There was one episode where she was trying to get into Pippas house cos her kids (cant remember their names) were there and she tried to get in through the kitchen window..... and just look at her now. Never mind organised religions.... get to summer bay and the goodness willl change you to a better person in no time

Finlay and Daaaaamien!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I'm still laughing after yesterdays episode, catch the repeat at lunch today if you can. All I'll say is car and cliff. It's a classic.

I'm still laughing after yesterdays episode, catch the repeat at lunch today if you can. All I'll say is car and cliff. It's a classic.
    Dammit I didn't read about the fact today's afternoon episode was a repeat and so I didn't set the videotape mad.gif All this after forgetting to watch last night, despite knowing of this plotline for over six months! And now I'll miss it confused.gif

• Advertisement

Was the crash good??? I heard some people talking about it in the canteen at breaktime.... wont be able to record the afternoon repeat... Can anyone tell me what happened???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

no explosions, no joy :(

that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Has anyone mentioned cake on this thread yet? I just pray to God they don't start doing cake :eek:

pork99 wrote:
    Has anyone mentioned cake on this thread yet? I just pray to God they don't start doing cake :eek:
    Cake's the worst of them. There's no scientific basis for it, but it's fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

ixoy wrote:
    Cake's the worst of them. There's no scientific basis for it, but it's fact.

The threat is real

Noel Edmonds;
    it stimulates the part of the brain called Shatner's Basoon

Bernard Manning;
    the poor b@stard coughed up his own sternum

David Arness MP;
    cake is a bisturbile, cralabolic, amphetemoid which is a made up substance

other names for cake include; "Loonytoad quack," "Joss Ackland's Spunky Backpack," "Ponce on the heath," "Rustledust," and "Hattie Jacques Pretentious Cheese Wog."

pork99 wrote:
    The threat is real

Indeed. Don't forget that this very important issue was raised in the UK Parliament by a Conservative MP back in 1997.

As for the car crash, if
    Seb walks away from that without serious, serious, serious injury, it will be nothing short of a miracle. And unless I turned away for a few crucial seconds, at what point exactly did Duncan manage to get out?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭fletch

Anyone know of a website that maybe charts and has pics of all the different characters that have been in it?
    Not all the characters are on this site but theres a fair few

That was fupping hilarious! :D Now THAT'S the classic cheese I remember - what a great stunt! What theatrics! HAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,934 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Ooh, excellent. Trip down memory lane. Ah Will Smith, he was a ride. And Bobby, I used to love her when I was about 5, was so gutted when she died. Bobby and Tim, remember they used to sing the opening song together :) And Shane & Angel with their pet pig. Pity Greg isn't there.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

fletch wrote:

Ahhh the Hamburger Phone !! :D

Advertisement