Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dinner Party on Netw.. oops I mean RTÉ 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Jaysus I watched "The Dinner Party" last week when Billejean from the Brack was on and nearly puked. It's so obvious they are been told what to say, well most of them anyway, some of them didn't seem capable of coming up with anything!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    I wouldn't mind about Billiejean but the other girls lips were unreal, and I mean unreal.!!!!
    The best(and worst) thing about the show is Amanda Brunker. Shes a cracker but her taste in clothes is bruuuuutal. I also reckon she was a bit jealous of Billejeans assets though she shouldn't be at all.
    Whoops , I'm someone else going on about her rack. Well shes hardly a good presenter now is she? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

and why are all the women so f*cking orange???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 louise j604

if anyone know's joe that was on week 3 please reply with any information on him a.s.a.p!!!!thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

if anyone know's joe that was on week 3 please reply with any information on him a.s.a.p!!!!thanks!

yeah, my dad knows him well. He lives in Dolphin House flats, Dolphin's barn. I'll pass on a phone number to him if you want. Genuinely.

Got this from RTE:

Dear Michael,
    Thank you for your e-mail in relation to "The Dinner
    Party".
    Your comments will be forwarded, for information and
    interest, to the Commissioning Editor cocerned. They
    will also be included in our Audience Log, which is on
    the agenda for discussion at the weekly television
    Editorial Group meeting.

Thank you for letting us know your views on this matter.

Best regards
    Nina Ward
    RTÉ Information Officer

C'mon all, back me up!! Complain to these bastwards!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 behanj

If anyone knows the fat twat (male) that was on the Dinner Party tonight (23-11) get him to message me here.
    What you're missing in knowledge you more than make up for in opinions.
    I look forward to hearing from you.

Jaysus, did anybody see it last night?Again, the contestants' contempt for the way they were duped was apparent. One didn't show up - fair play to him, if anyone knows him, slap his back for me - and Mary Kate shook her head saying "Its not true" through the second half of the "show". Brunker - pro that she is - babbled " Well, that may be but someone here reckons..." She'd been told another diner said she'd had lots of one night stands. What h'd actually done was told a joke - an OLD joke-, but the show's producers again edited what they wanted to look they way they wanted it.

What sort of show continues, AFTER one of the participants decides to boycott it, and then features him heavily on the quiz part?
    Tripe.

People, COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN to RTE that this is how they spend the 152 euro they scream and stomp for every year from each and every one of us. We should have a say on how its spent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Is that still going? Only saw the episode that had Billiegean in it.(Sigh)

Looks to be taking a leaf out of the book of cuurent reality TV programmes and inflict torture upon its participants. More fool them for taking part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 amydublin2

It's great when they all get drunk and say loads of things that they are sure to regret sober. One guy admitted that if he had to sleep with a guy he wouild sleep with the other male guest - he was straight!!!! He didn't turn up for the next part of the show - must have had serious regrets for saying that one!!!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

So what did you all think of the one remaining male guest, the stocky bloke? I'm curious what peoples opinions of him were.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I thought he was an easy read personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I thought it was a great show, the state of the fat spa. He said at the game show part he had never paid for sex, yet he said he paid two hookers to have a threesome with him? And he was full of the usual spa quotes, "your way over the line, you so far over the line is just a dot now". And he refered to the other dude as a "nine to fiver", great description. The girls were a bit crap. Not as good as the other epiusode where the chick went on about scoring the footie player with a wife. I'm gonna watch this every week, so much funnier than Stew or most of their other comedy attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

TBH I thought he was a very deep, culturely aware, sensitive considerate type..

the laughs will be many and varied :D

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Why do there always seem to be 2 lads and 3 girls?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

flikflak wrote:
    Why do there always seem to be 2 lads and 3 girls?
    I would suspect that they believed that the big guy (Joe was it?) would have enough bulk to supplement for the imbalance on the male side.

In fairness to him I thought what he had to say was quite honest and seemed, to me, to come from the heart!

This Joe guy has been described as culturally aware! Because he makes some unqualified comments regarding Thailand.
    And as far as what he was saying coming from the heart, I'd say Joe was full of ****.
    Also, before anyone get's too riled up, he's a legitimate target being as he's on a show funded by taxpayers and tv licence payers.

Remember that lots of their comments are given to them by the producers.

Does anyone know why Brian didn't return for the quiz part? Brunker - the talent vacuum - said he wasn't "brave enough"

behanj wrote:
    This Joe guy has been described as culturally aware! Because he makes some unqualified comments regarding Thailand.
    And as far as what he was saying coming from the heart, I'd say Joe was full of ****.
    Also, before anyone get's too riled up, he's a legitimate target being as he's on a show funded by taxpayers and tv licence payers.

Two words for you to look up when you get a chance Sarcasm, Irony

As for him being a legitimate target, I disagree, a phrase comes to mind "putting words in his mouth"

Editing can be very manipulative

I could do a pithy reply to that, look up the words at www.dictionary.com and paste their meanings in this post followed by a line like - "Neither of these were present last night"
    Well, the weren't and I won't
    And as for the "putting words in their mouth" defence. I'll ask you - How old are these people?
    I realise some of you are this guy Joe's mates, well fair play to you and that's all well and good, etc.... but it doesn't take away from the fact that he's full of ****. Simple as that.
    If anyone would like to pass this on to him, fine, just ask him "Where do you get your insights into Thailand?" I've an idea what the answer is, but sitting in a bar in Patpong talking to farang and bargirls doesn't really qualify.
    By the way, I looked those words up, try it and see if they apply to what was said last night.

behanj wrote:
    I could do a pithy reply to that, look up the words at www.dictionary.com and paste their meanings in this post followed by a line like - "Neither of these were present last night"
    Well, the weren't and I won't
    And as for the "putting words in their mouth" defence. I'll ask you - How old are these people?
    I realise some of you are this guy Joe's mates, well fair play to you and that's all well and good, etc.... but it doesn't take away from the fact that he's full of ****. Simple as that.
    If anyone would like to pass this on to him, fine, just ask him "Where do you get your insights into Thailand?" I've an idea what the answer is, but sitting in a bar in Patpong talking to farang and bargirls doesn't really qualify.
    By the way, I looked those words up, try it and see if they apply to what was said last night.

Is there any possibility that they may apply to my original post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

why did that guy leave before the end? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Amanda Brunker said he left after getting 'outed'

It's still his fault if the producers put words in his mouth, no one foced him to say them, especially if they made him sound like a pleb. As for his Thailand argument, I missed the start, but has he ever been to Thailand? Or was he just using this as a basis for his side of the argument without knowing what a prostitute's situation is like in Thailand.

Another choice line, "Glasnevin is like the Ranelagh of the Northside".

Refer to post number 8 on this thread. They were asked to put a name to the words the producers supplied. That's putting words in thir mouths, no question. As for how old these people are, Being naieve is not being stupid. He was just one of those people who try to be a big personality, and came across a bit full of it, a waffler. I'm sure he's ok, really.

I know the girl who KISSED the footballer - she didn't sleep with him. She told me they edited two parts of a SENTENCE together to make it look like she sadi masturbation burns off calories. Nothing surprises me about these sleazebags (producers)

Really? What was the full sentance? She seemed like a bit of a ditz, especially where she said all the women in her family have large breasts, that's often the case when you're over weight. And she said like, just like, so many times like. Like, do you know what I mean like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

FX Meister wrote:
    Really? What was the full sentance? She seemed like a bit of a ditz, especially where she said all the women in her family have large breasts, that's often the case when you're over weight. And she said like, just like, so many times like. Like, do you know what I mean like?

Yeah I've got really, like, big breasts, like, cause, like, I do, like, and my family, like , do , like too.

He had big knockers cause she ate all the feckin' pies !!! Amanda Brunker, now they are just big ;)

The full sentence was about something else that buns calories and they tacked the masturbatin bit on. That's why she looked so puzzled when Brunker said it to her at the quiz.

She may seem like a ditz, but she isn't. the blonde stops at the root. As for the like thing, I think if Blizzard Of Odd hadn't noticed that, no-one else would have. I never did, and I see her quite a bit.

I also know the redhead on show 7, Roisin.

BolBill wrote:
    Yeah I've got really, like, big breasts, like, cause, like, I do, like, and my family, like , do , like too.

He had big knockers cause she ate all the feckin' pies !!! Amanda Brunker, now they are just big ;)

Aw, c'mon, that's just mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

It should have a health warning before it, 5 minutes of it and I felt sick.

• Advertisement

Fair comment

Advertisement