Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shows you'd love to see on DVD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Drew Carey!!!!! I'd love if they'd put it on dvd but no hope have begged!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Nip/Tuck
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Arrested Development
    The O.C.
    The Outer Limits
    The Littlest Hobo - if only to relive the good old days of childhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Would that be The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, Winters?
    If so, yeah I remember that was quite a good show.
    Came out on VHS and laserdisc so it'll probably do the DVD thing sooner or later

• Registered Users Posts: 43,813 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cork_girl wrote:
    Drew Carey!!!!! I'd love if they'd put it on dvd but no hope have begged!!! :mad:

Was just about to mention this show as well! An amazing and underrated show - they showed it's last ever episode in the US recently. Pure brillance!
    embee wrote:
    Nip/Tuck
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Arrested Development
    The O.C.
    The Outer Limits
    The Littlest Hobo - if only to relive the good old days of childhood.

I know most of them are already out on DVD or planned on DVD very shortly - The OC, Arrested Development (Region 1), Nip/Tuck, Curb Your Enthusiasm (Region 1).

I'd also like to see Carnivale on DVD. And for Oz to get a region 2 release, so that I can finally convince my friends to watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Yea, Young Indiana Jones Cronicals. Better be coming out. Shall be a uber box set to the extreme.
    embee wrote:
    Nip/Tuck
    Series 1 already out:
    http://play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=162916
    embee wrote:
    The O.C.
    Out 18/10/2004:
    http://play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=179811

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

robo wrote:
    My sentiments exactly. I guess (hope) they will in the future maybe as the 1960's are on RTE on Fridays still. That is the best programme that RTE have produced in a very long time!!! :)

A friend of mine is recording them all on sky plus then when he has them all he will transfer them to DVD. Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

I'd also like to see Carnivale on DVD.

comin out on december 7th on region 1

another great show that i cant wait to see is wonderfalls which is comin out on r1 dvd in january next year

some more shows i'd love on dvd:
    odyssey 5
    and smurfs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭mwnger

Vic Reeves Big Night Out and Peep Show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Beavis and Butthead

I heard that mtv have no intention of releasing it as it was aired because from a financial point of view it wouldn't be worthwhile after they paid royalties to all the artists who songs featured. Also, I think (not too certain) they are caught up in a legal case with mike judge over a best of dvd they released a while back without his permission.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

The Mysterious Cities of gold......

That is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭cilamc

Rutland Weekend Television would be nice. Or even Monty Python's Flying Circus which deserves a proper release at this stage I mean come on!

Bosco or Anything Goes would make for good compilation DVDs. What was the name of the damn programme used to be on after Dempsey's Den in about 1988-1992? Ray D'Arcy was on it and they'd have bands like An Emotional Fish or The Fat Lady Sings on. Aaargh, I can't think of the name, can't sleep now, have to get it sorted.

Dempsey's Den compilation on DVD would be good come to think of it. Bet RTE have taped over it, the saps.

pork99 wrote:
    The Armando Ianucci Shows

Some news on that here...

http://chilled.cream.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4489

You see petitions do work!

"We had the internet back then. But it only came on for a couple of hours in the afternoon. And it was in black and white..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'd definetly agree with Monty Python's Flying Circus, Mysterious Cities Of Gold, and Beavis & Butthead.

But seriously, who in their right minds would buy bosco on DVD?? I've a hard enough time scourging that from my memory as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

what about we all demand drew carey??? me on my own is never going to do it so please back me up!!!!

But seriously, who in their right minds would buy bosco on DVD?? I've a hard enough time scourging that from my memory as it is.

Students would. (Who else?) :rolleyes:

And the diaspora (using that new-fangled information superhighway thing).

And parents, for their children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

bronx bunny :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Coolz

Cork_girl wrote:
    what about we all demand drew carey??? me on my own is never going to do it so please back me up!!!!

i'll back you up on that! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭mwnger

Hey cilamc, the show that Ray D'Arcy started out on that you forgot the name of - is it Jo Maxi you're talking about?

A DVD compliation of Dempsey's Den would be a great idea yeah.

I'd also love to see a compliation of Peter Cook's appearances on various chat shows over the years - Clive Anderson's early 90's show in particular. Cook appeared a number of times doing characters like Alan Latchley the retired football manager. Nothing was scripted, just Cook riffing, and effortlessly stealing the spotlight from that motormouth Anderson.

Peter Cook, funniest man ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

The Mary Whitehouse Experience. been looking for this for years, even on video, nowhere has it. funniest stand-up show i ever saw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Cork_girl wrote:
    I agree, Cleveland ROCKS!!!
    :D

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'd like to see Star Wars : The Clone Wars released on DVD... because I never had the patience to tune in each day for just 5 minutes.

But what episodes I did see were great.

And of course a Mysterious Cities of Gold DVD is a long time desire of mine. The complete Ulysses 31 is winging it's way to me at the moment.. so there is some hope I guess.

I believe that Mysterious Cities of Gold actually is available on DVD, but only in French. With no subtitles... bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Glenroe

Failing that, I'd agree with the 2nd season of Twin Peaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

And of course a Mysterious Cities of Gold DVD is a long time desire of mine. The complete Ulysses 31 is winging it's way to me at the moment.. so there is some hope I guess.

I believe that Mysterious Cities of Gold actually is available on DVD, but only in French. With no subtitles... bah!

I have a cool Cities of Gold set that I got from eBay - VCDs, not DVDs, but they're very decent quality. Plus each episode has a mini-documentary after the "To Follow..." bit which explains something related to that particular episode - modern day Incas, the Nazca Plateau, Magellan, that kind of thing.

MCoG is available in French from Amazon, not surprising seeing as the French were co-producers.

Seems to be available as a full set: http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000520EJ/qid=1097162147/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_19_1/171-7216216-7588259

and individual volumes:
    http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000059R7L/qid=1097162147/sr=2-3/ref=sr_2_19_3/171-7216216-7588259

In any case, they're no good if they're not in English. Hopefully with the recent releases of Thundercats, Dunegons & Dragons and Ulysses 31 (along with MCoG, *the* finest shows of my childhood), the interest may allow for Cities of Gold to now be released as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Click me.

Now say thank you.

Thank You.
    Panda wrote:
    Would like to see more of Eddie Izzards Stuff available on DVD.
    afaik theres feck all atm...
    could be wrong tho

Other than him, I would like to see Samurai Jack available, best cartoon for years! :cool:

Check it out.

Eddie on DVD:-

Especially this

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Space Above And Beyond
    Scrubs (but only upto Season 3, 4 is crap tbh :(
    Charmed (my girlfriends been looking for this for agesss, so atleast it'll make her happy)
    Black Books
    Sliders (nothing past Season 2/3 cause its ****e)

That is all. (for now)
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Cork_girl wrote:

They have a voting system on http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/ . im sure theyd appreciate your support.

I vote for drew carey aswell , great show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Cabaal wrote:
    Black Books

Click me

That should do you.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Click me

That should do you.

Joy!
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Cabaal wrote:
    Space Above And Beyond
    Scrubs (but only upto Season 3, 4 is crap tbh :(
    Charmed (my girlfriends been looking for this for agesss, so atleast it'll make her happy)
    Black Books
    Sliders (nothing past Season 2/3 cause its ****e)

That is all. (for now)
    :)

Sliders is available on R1:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00022FWEU/qid=1097492899/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/104-0279627-1598379?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

Vastly expensive, though and worst packaging I've ever seen.

There's an issue with Charmed's release in that the rights to all the music show is very costly and has delayed any release so far. Same thing happened with Roswell and Felicity, but they just ended up putting in new music for those which were too expensive to licence.

Advertisement