Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shows you'd love to see on DVD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Totaly agree with Space: Above And Beyond class show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Pinky and the Brain
    That 70's Show
    Quantum Leap

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Scrubs
    The Lyricist Lounge Show

I see the first two seasons of Married with Children and season one of Malcolm in the Middle are out on region 1 now. Must pick them up.

I'd also like to see them release the last few seasons of Oz sooner rather than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Okie wrote:
    Quantum Leap

Click me.

Now say thank you.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Twin Peaks - Season Two! It's almost worse when you only half release a show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭irishgeo

The last two series of Bachelors Walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,144 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Click me.

Now say thank you.
    wooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Scrubs,
    Scrubs,
    Scrubs!!... :)

Rumours are circulating that the show is hoping to be sold into syndication before the end of the year, and another that there is a company currently working on the DVD's and will be out approximately May 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the 5th season and above of south park

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 + 3/4
    Beavis & Butthead (including the vid critique's)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Panda

Would like to see more of Eddie Izzards Stuff available on DVD.
    afaik theres feck all atm...
    could be wrong tho

Other than him, I would like to see Samurai Jack available, best cartoon for years! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭X-Dawg

Phil Kay Feels....

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Can't believe no one said Reeling in the Years yet. Pity about the aul copyright bullshit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

DS wrote:
    Can't believe no one said Reeling in the Years yet. Pity about the aul copyright bullshit.

My sentiments exactly. I guess (hope) they will in the future maybe as the 1960's are on RTE on Fridays still. That is the best programme that RTE have produced in a very long time!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

definately scrubs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Yeah, The Outer Limits and Season 2 and 3 of Bachelor's Walk would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Personally I'd love to see Space: Above And Beyond and The Outer Limits on DVD.

Would anyone agree?
    What would you love to see get a DVD release?

err - you can get the outer limits on dvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,472 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Samurai Jack

Tusky wrote:
    err - you can get the outer limits on dvd.

The original 60's Outer Limits is available on region 1, but if you clicked the link I provided you'd know that's not the Outer Limits I was refering to. There has been a couple of 'New' Outer Limits DVDs on region 1, but they only have a handfull of episodes, nothing near the 5-Season glory that was The Outer Limits!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

the majority of all my favourite tv shows of all time are available thankfully(albeit mostly on r1)
    invader zim
    everwood
    dead like me
    nip/tuck
    quantum leap
    gilmore girls
    black books
    spaced
    sliders :D

my wishlist:
    that 70's show
    samurai jack(although im nearly the s1 dvd is out or coming out soon*)
    scrubs
    room 101
    never mind the buzzcocks
    have i got news for you
    ren & stimpy
    pinky and the brain & the animaniacs

*edited to add: yes the first season plus movie is available, but only on r1
    http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=0&tiq=samurai+jack&x=0&y=0&rg=A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

The Armando Ianucci Shows

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There has been a couple of 'New' Outer Limits DVDs on region 1, but they only have a handfull of episodes, nothing near the 5-Season glory that was The Outer Limits!

If they're the episodes that they were showing on Network 2 late on Tuesday nights (if i remember correctly) in the late 90's, they were fecking brillant!

Off the top of my head, i can only remember the storylines of a handful of episodes but i remember tuning in every week and never seeing a disappointing episode.

The two episodes i remember most vividly were the episode with Rebecca DeMornay in which Enigma's 'Return To Innocence' played numerous times (i think 'Return To Innocence' was also the name of the episode). And also the brillant two parter episode 'Sandkings' with Lloyd & Beau Bridges.

Brillant stuff!

I agree with Karl - release that on DVD.... along with Scrubs!

Correct indeed, Basquille!

I think everyone remembers the Sandkings though, that was indeed a good episode. In fact, I rarely remember a dull episode off the top of my head (possible because they could've been forgettable). I remember some cracking good episodes with Robert Patrick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

would love to see MacGyver on DVD. especially with a "The Science behind this episode" type thing as extras...(and a free swiss army knife with the box set :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

The Indiana Jones Cronicals, tis a fantastic series each episdoe is like an hour or more long so they are nearly a movie each to themselves. Really an underrated TV show stuck on BBC2 Sunday morning schedule.

Reeling in the Years. Possibly e of the few decent programs RTE can muster up. Problem is they wont release it on DvD as they claim its too expensive to get the licence for all the music to do so. Pity, is a great show.

Scrubs will be a must when it comes out on DvD. Its making its way into a decent show which has yet to loose any of tis genious or comedy.

Would that be The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, Winters?
    If so, yeah I remember that was quite a good show.

I would love to see Brisco County Jr on DVD. One of my favourite shows of all time.
    I also agree that Space Above and Beyond should be released.

Jesus yes! I totally forgot about Brisco County Jr!!!

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, and Tales From The Crypt!

Anyone else love that show?

Advertisement