Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD/Boards Meeting Poll

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

D3 in (honors :rolleyes: ) german, c2 in pass irish, I'm terrible at languages. Guess I'll fit in nicely.

I can top that. D3 in honours spanish and a D3 in pass irish :p Im so proud. I suck at languages too.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

Wow has anyone done honors irish here at all?
    me, but dont know why i did....did honours german aswell- not that bad at languages but just simply hated irish. whats weird though is i seem to remember irish a lot better than i do german nowadays and i did better in german (got an a) :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

i dont think irish will remain compulsory in years to come anyway. cant see it happening!

You're right. Its silly that in such an important exam, which has an effect on your whole life, that you have to do certain subjects. If I had just done subjects I enjoyed I would have done a lot better. Thats the same for everyone.

I know were gonna get given out to here for goin off topic lol, it was my fault again sorry! but yeah ur so right, its such a waste of time isnt it? its so much easier to learn something that you actually give a toss about!

• Advertisement

we have reeaallly gone off topic havent we??! hhmmm well since this is about meeting up maybe yeez should all talk to each other in irish ;)

oh and btw very true chick. i really dont think it will stay completely compulsory for too much longer- people just dont use it enough nowadays. im not saying it should go completely or anything but you should be able to choose whether you want to study it for lc anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

So, any ideas what we will do other than getting pissed at this meeting?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

So, any ideas what we will do other than getting pissed at this meeting?
    ..Someone needs lessons in being a student. the only thing you DO is get pissed :p

Just trying to steer us back on topic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Just trying to steer us back on topic
    John Hegarty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Dude, don't you have exams on at the moment? :D Or are you another intarweb addict like myself?

Heheh er.. I have paper 1 (of 3) in 8 hours. Just the way I'm setup, I got all my the lecture notes etc on the laptop so I keep checkin it for reference. While I'm at it I just refresh the tcd board ;)
    Never really a big user of the net (just email really) but yeah over the last 2 months boards has gotten me really addicted..

What if we went to a club or would everyone prefer just the pav no?...... Or, both?

Chick wrote:
    What if we went to a club or would everyone prefer just the pav no?...... Or, both?

First it's a monday. Second there's the whole cash-flow problem. You're gonna be spendin a lot of money for clubs, socs and all the drinkin ur gonna be doin. My business (giving grinds) is also pretty slow this time of year..

oh ok so, just a suggestion!

There could be something on in a club on monday night for freshers. I think last year there was something on every night.

oh yeah hadnt thought of that

Good point.. Freshers week things (cos usually there's deals) are allocated in budget.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Bah girls like clubs, Guys go to clubs to score girls.

Bah girls like clubs, Guys go to clubs to score girls.
    lol guess its pretty true though :D
    although i like gigs as much as clubs myself

• Advertisement

Nothin beats a pub tho

Precisely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Pub with a band. thats my fave. depending on how the music set up is.

Right so, club with live gig at a pub with a band

crash_000 wrote:
    Pub with a band. thats my fave. depending on how the music set up is.

You'r just going to love the Hub then. Despite it being a hole. Only Place I know with a life band most nights, except voodoo

wheres the hub?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Chick wrote:
    wheres the hub?
    temple bar. I think it's good, but the smelliest place on earth.

is it? worth a look tho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Chick wrote:
    is it? worth a look tho?
    Of Course, that's what college is all about trying things out.

• Advertisement

Kappar wrote:
    Of Course, that's what college is all about trying things out.

yeah true! ill try anything once :D

Advertisement