Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD/Boards Meeting Poll

Options
  • 14-09-2004 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭

Right so to have this meet in freshers week or a few weeks into the year...

Freshers Week Or A Few Weeks In? 19 votes

Freshers Week, So You's Can Hold Our Hands For Registration
    0% 0 votes
    Few Weeks After, Cause I Don't Know You ****es
    57% 11 votes
    meh
    42% 8 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

fresshers week i vote!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

ooh and the polls are tied!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Part of the fun of freshers week is bein lost. Dinna worry lads and lassies, it's overwhelming in a good way! Just have your list of what you GOTTA do (register, meet tutor etc.) and your timetable of what stuff is on. I said before go to as many of the latter as possible: live bands, clubs, comedians and booze booze booze. Oh to be a fresher again and do it all.. I'm so jealous. Feck it I'm goin in masquerading. Yis'll see me walkin around looking lost, deaf n hungover with unexplained glitter on my knees...

Oh yeah so my point is we'd just wreck it for yas if we told ya everythin. It's more fun findin out for urself. When I discovered the JCR (about january!) I was so proud of myself...

Lets leave this meetin for a few weeks IMO. Cos we're still pretty much strangers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

apexaviour wrote:
    Lets leave this meetin for a few weeks IMO. Cos we're still pretty much strangers..

i felt the same way when I discovered the JCR had more pool tables in the back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Its gotta be Freshers Week, I wont know jack ****t about the place, I need the handholding!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Boston wrote:
    i felt the same way when I discovered the JCR had more pool tables in the back.

the jcr has more pool tables out the bcak? how many....i thought they only had the two in the eating part.

hangs head in shame

whats the JCR guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

yeah it does, in the junior commons room(if i recall its name) , just go off to the right near the counter of the JCR and then take a left.......

JCR is a cafitera type place in goldsmith hall(beside pearse street dart station) , does rolls n sambo's, no hot food...fairly cheap.

SkyLynx wrote:
    no hot food...fairly cheap.

They do do hot food. You've obviously never had a dead pig (aka heart attack roll).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

apexaviour wrote:
    They do do hot food. You've obviously never had a dead pig (aka heart attack roll).

Dead Pig is the only way to go. Pool tables in the back, where the old smoking room was. Some times bands play there as part of durns. Risk tournaments and table quizs are also held in there. I usually play pool in there on fridays that I don't have labs instead of studying.

as part of durns.... whats durns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

www.csc.tcd.ie has the answer to all your society needs.

ok, ty!

I've heard talk of better food being brought into the JCR. And nicer rolls (the bread they use is pants). I'm just wondering what will everyone call the smoking room now? The back room just doesn't have the same ring to it

Cos "smoking room" had a great ring..

i think back room sounds better than smoking room...?

no no no, it has a better ring if you think of it being smokin'! As in something Will Smith would have said about something cool circa 1992. Not as in cancer death stick of doom.

what/who the hell is Falun Dafa? is that even in english....?

yeah but will smith stopped bein cool a looooong time ago lol

• Advertisement

what/who the hell is Falun Dafa? is that even in english....?

Not really on topic but I'll reply in-anyway. :)
    From what I've heard it's some sort of spiritual/meditation thing. The reason it has gained such world wide following is because of it's oppression in china. The decreed it a vicious and evil cult and imprison people for practising it. I think some trinity student got imprisoned for it so there was obvious uproar..

yeah it wasnt on topic sorry, im a tad random like that in case ya havent noticed!
    vicious and evil cult eh? think ill steer well clear from that one so! just curious :)

vicious and evil cult eh? think ill steer well clear from that one so! just curious :)

Er.. you gotta remember that it was the Maoists that declared it as such.. They teach that the world is flat too so I wouldn't take their opinion to seriously..
    I would have no such negative opinions of it, it aint a religion no more than yoga is tho there's less bending. There'd be a lot of chinese students doing it..

ok so, thanks

yeah but will smith stopped bein cool a looooong time ago lol

He was, is and will forever be cool to me

lol his legend lives on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

legend of bad films and even worse acting? hardly there'll be some new crap actor to replace him soon enuf(saying that i did like bad boys/irobot)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

He was, is and will forever be cool to me
    totally, will smith rules :cool: ;)

Skylynx, all I'll say is Fresh Prince. I'd forgotten how funny it was until BBC2 started showing it ad nauseum lately.

• Advertisement

SkyLynx wrote:
    legend of bad films and even worse acting?
    Anyone see Six Degrees of Separation? I never had any respect for Will Smith until I saw that film. An amazing piece of work (also has donald sutherland in it and a couple of other familiar faces).

Advertisement