Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD/Boards Meeting Poll

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

John2 wrote:
    Skylynx, all I'll say is Fresh Prince. I'd forgotten how funny it was until BBC2 started showing it ad nauseum lately.
    had forgotten about that.....

And no i ain't seen it apex though might give it a look now..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

He's still in my good books since the Fresh Prince, despite countless horrible, horrible movies o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Yeah fresh prince owned. btw funky you're in my class.

Ooer Computer Science buddy! You any idea how big the class is?

dunno - last year it was 40 i think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Dest

pfff comp science, who the hell would do that?... oh wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

i didnt think bad boys was too bad anyway. are all of you guys doing comp sci and tp and all those kinda things? you must all be really smart...

not really, they were stupid enuf to do these course's weren't they? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

A lot of people in college you can describe as follows:

The brains to get the points for <insert course as appropriate> but absolutely no cop on

Funnily enough that doesn't apply for most people doing CS because it's such low points though :P

It seems to be the people who actually want to do it...

Now orts on the other hand !!!

• Advertisement

erm low points compared to what? not to other CS courses.....
    So ye'd have higher points requirement for yer field, his statement still applies imo

orts, god yeah its insane!
    but at the end of the day which would you consider to be more valuable ; common sense or intelligence?

the mind boggles....

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭MacXP_Irl

I know its been brought up in previous posts, but points and all that are completely irrelavent once you're in college. The LC was just a measure of how well you can memorise stuff. All i'll say, just from my opinion and not saying that everyone is the same, is that the higher the points scored the more likely the person is to be...a bit odd! eg lot of TPs slightly odd, CS less so ant the oorts are pretty rounded ppl!
    As for the will smith debate, Fresh Prince was classic, Bad Boys and iRobot were good too, independence day was ok...but he has made some royal turkeys in his day...

q
    MacXP_Irl wrote:
    The LC was just a measure of how well you can memorise stuff. measure of how well you can memorise stuff.

depends there now. the exams are a test of that but there are various ways to learn said info. I could never just memorise stuff out, i hated doing that so what I did was simply get the basics, understand it and work everything out from there. but then again i did all the mathematical subjects really. or at least the ones that required reasoning (dont have the patience to sit there and cram stuff i dont understand).

on that note :

Now this is the story all about how
    my life got flipped, turned upside down
    and I'd like to take a minute just sit right there
    I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air

In West Philadelfia born and raised
    on the playground where I spent most of my days
    chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool
    and all shooting some b-ball outside of the school
    when a couple of guys said "we're up in no good"
    started making trouble in my neighbourhood
    I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
    and said "you're moving with your aunte and uncle in Bel-Air"

I whistled for a cab and when it came near the
    licensplate said "Fresh" and had a dice in the mirror
    if anything I could say that this cab was rare
    but I thought now forget it, yo home to Bel-Air

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight
    and I yelled to the cabby "Yo, home smell you later"
    looked at my kingdom I was finally there
    to settle my throne as the prince of Bel-Air

yeah i suppose ill forget all about LC results as soon as i start, but all this hanging around...what else have i got to think about?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

saw the fresh prince episode when carlton dances to tom jones today lol....that programme is classic
    (dont have the patience to sit there and cram stuff i dont understand).
    i didnt have the patience to learn off stuff i didnt like, take irish for example.. all those damn poems and stories, im soo glad to be in college now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Pass Irish heh, I really lacked any willpower what-so-ever to learn anything for that. I think I managed 10 lines total on paper 2

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Pass Irish heh, I really lacked any willpower what-so-ever to learn anything for that. I think I managed 10 lines total on paper 2

Lol same as me. I still don't know how I passed. I didn't do the oral and hardly did anything on paper two. Ten lines seems about right.

...I had a race during paper2 :D 15 minutes to answer all questions then run out and go for a pint :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

For my leaving I did paper 2 in half an hour (pass of course) and spent the day studying what was tipped for home ec that afternoon. I ended up getting a B3 from that little bit of study. And I passed Irish. But the LC was a joke

• Advertisement

thank fcuk its over :D

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

i did honours irish...why oh why did i decide to do that...talk about two years of hell. i ended up learning like one poem and one story and just prayed theyd come up...and guess what? they did! he he he i was quite pleased with myself :p
    thank fcuk its over
    yeah i remember that feeling from last summer, nice isnt it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I did the pass Irish exam twice, I was that damn bored waiting to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I went to the gaeltacht 3 times and was even a cinnire.. Yet I still did pass irish and got a b2 pretty much only on the basis of my oral. I'm very good at that ;)

i managed an A2 in pass irish, lol dont ask how. i only knew half of the poems and stories. its great bein able to waffle tho, especially cos u cant do it in maths or a science subject

Wow has anyone done honors irish here at all? Actually it makes a lot of sense that everyone detests irish, you only need a foreign language to get into Trinity. We can feck the bog language out the window

Wow has anyone done honors irish here at all? Actually it makes a lot of sense that everyone detests irish, you only need a foreign language to get into Trinity. We can feck the bog language out the window

Random fact of the day: the dep pres, pres, and education officer of the students union are all fluent in irish...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

That's cos none of them are sci-eng-med sci etc.. Who notoriously dislike languages. Betcha Niall Morris (ents officer) isn't fluent, that's cos he's a sci student :D

never woulda thought thatd be a requirement!

• Advertisement

D3 in (honors :rolleyes: ) german, c2 in pass irish, I'm terrible at languages. Guess I'll fit in nicely.

Advertisement