Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is/will be studying what?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Boston wrote:
    Never been kicked out, and yea their big ass trinitron monitors, only about ten computers so you might mean another lab I haven't yet found. Those stairs though are a pain.

if you enter the museum building and go up to the left on the stairs and then left again at the landing there is a computer lab in front of you....that's the CEEFS lab! Same place? has about 10 -14 comps....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Computer Science ohyes... can't wait for freshers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

crash_000 wrote:
    ...mmm student nurses....
    Cool, so if everyone thinks like that I shouldn't have much trouble making friends eh lol? good conversation starter then? :D

Someone said earlier that theyd recommend freshers to go to as mnay things as poss during freshers week. what kind of stuff is on? Im sorry for asking so many questions but I know nothing lol! I havent got anything in the post yet about reg, or getting fitted for my uniforms in Arnotts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

pekelly wrote:
    if you enter the museum building and go up to the left on the stairs and then left again at the landing there is a computer lab in front of you....that's the CEEFS lab! Same place? has about 10 -14 comps....

CEEFS for all my CD burning needs! Senior Soph in Geography btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

CEEFS for all my CD burning needs! Senior Soph in Geography btw!

well if you have ever done anything GIS related i've probably tortured you with one of my courses or Steve's....
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Someone said earlier that theyd recommend freshers to go to as mnay things as poss during freshers week. what kind of stuff is on?

There'll be loads of stuff on during freshers' week in the day, evening and night.
    If it's like last year you'll get a pack from the SU and CSC soon telling you all about freshers' week.

Last year there was a inflatable q-zar game and free pot noodles and Irish independant and bewley's sweatshirts.

In the evening hypontist or something and at night pee-ah-are-tea-why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Economics and Mathematics. Does this mean I'll be doing a lot of walking across campus?

Of course, I'm only going to TCD for the legendary Gamers Society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

Comp Sci postgrad/ RA here - feck looks like I''m old man of the forum! lol
    Can't beat the pav on a sunny day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Economics and Mathematics

I hope you're fit :)
    All the economics will be in the arts block :D
    Maths will be all the way across campus :)
    You'll be very much angry if lectures go over time :D

History and Politics is the way to go!

Poor science people, tough break :)

Freshers week is gona rock, join loadsa societies and a couple of clubs.
    The hist and the phil have cool free stuff, dubes has great parties sometimes, players have bouncy castles and stuff, and all the sports clubs generally have a night out.
    Try not to be doing anything that week if you can, so you're free to do all the stuff.
    Freshers ball sucks btw, unless you are there with other people you know, all the other nights out are great

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

....dear god Dave i think i just died of smiley overdose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

David19 wrote:
    Lol yeah i know. Its possibly the hardest course in ireland. The first year physics shouldn't be too bad though. Its just an introduction to physics mainly.

meh, its not that hard, you'll find all your hardest courses come from the maths side. And if you have done physics before you will be bored absolutely senceless in lectures for first year.(only good thing u'll have is special rel)

As for netsoc, you have about 0reasons to join if maths/tp/tsm(that includes maths)/science(if doing math)...you'll have all the facilites of matrix and others anyway.

And dave all grown up now that he's no longer a fresher, awww...

and trek'n across campus ain't too bad for that tsm, alot of fresher maths courses are all over the campus, i had quite a few of them in the museum and arts building in first year.

and comp sci is in the engineering faculty? comp sci not have more buildings/offices nearly now with the new building just finishing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Triceradon wrote:
    and comp sci is in the engineering faculty? comp sci not have more buildings/offices nearly now with the new building just finishing?

Yep it's in the engineering faculty. We have the same lecturers for something we share a computer lab in the Ham. Mike Brady is junior dean of engineering faculty and head of the comp sci department if I recall correctly. Also in the prospectus last year compsci was under the engineering header.

As for the new building, I didn't think that was going to be for comp sci, thought it was going to be a new research building linked with the sciences.

Boston wrote:
    Yep it's in the engineering faculty. We have the same lecturers for something we share a computer lab in the Ham. Mike Brady is junior dean of engineering faculty and head of the comp sci department if I recall correctly. Also in the prospectus last year compsci was under the engineering header.

As for the new building, I didn't think that was going to be for comp sci, thought it was going to be a new research building linked with the sciences.

i've heard a million things about that new building but afaik comp sci have some space in it....

[EDIT]asked some people in this lab ere beside me and they seem to think it is, so guess so, also he ain't head of dept by cs webbie...[/EDIT]

Triceradon wrote:
    i've heard a million things about that new building but afaik comp sci have some space in it....

and i'm not sure sharing lecturers would qualify as having to be the same faculty, but head of dept being the junior dean of engineering might alright ;)

From what I remember(looked into comp sci allot last year) it's a recognised engineering degree you get (after jumping through some hoops and two years experience) and also it's under Here, second and third courses.

And It wouldn't surprise me if they had space in the new building.

dubes has great parties... sorry i dunno what that is. shoes spring to mind when i hear the word dubes lol pardon my ignorance :confused: im planning on going to everything and joining as much as i can lol, although i probably wont end up going to half of the stuff after signing up, oh well.

when is the freshers ball on?

dubes has great parties... sorry i dunno what that is. shoes spring to mind when i hear the word dubes lol pardon my ignorance :confused: im planning on going to everything and joining as much as i can lol, although i probably wont end up going to half of the stuff after signing up, oh well.

when is the freshers ball on?

Trinity is actually Dublin university. dubes is Dublin University Buisness and Economics Society. Basically Bess heads milling around the place. Didn't join myself. Fresher's ball was on wednesday after freshers week last years and is just an excuse for seniors to score freshers, not that theres anything wrong with that.

freshers ball is usually on the week after freshers week if i recall....

and yeah freshers join absoultely everying and goto nothing... ;)

[EDIT]I've never heard as SF referred to 'seniors' before..hrmm, sounds very american r summit...[/EDIT]

Boston wrote:
    Fresher's ball was on wednesday after freshers week last years and is just an excuse for seniors to score freshers, not that theres anything wrong with that.

sounds grand to me ;) ididnt know that seniors went to it, sounds more appealing now lol.

could i wear my debs dress or something cos its a ball, or whats the story on the dress code? oh and do u have to have a date, hope not...

sounds grand to me ;) ididnt know that seniors went to it, sounds more appealing now lol.

could i wear my debs dress or something cos its a ball, or whats the story on the dress code? oh and do u have to have a date, hope not...

Hell no, its not that type of ball. I think last years one was in the pod or some place like that. And no date required.

Oh thank god for that! :D id enjoy that so much more believe me, just wen u said "ball" thats what sprung to mind!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

Tho with the trinity ball it was always formal wear for the ball and the ball is not held anywhere outside of Trinity, but always on campus in those lovely big white tents :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

The new building is for Neuroscience. There's 20 people in the course and we get a nice new building :D

John2 wrote:
    The new building is for Neuroscience. There's 20 people in the course and we get a nice new building :D

Not really. from reading the blurb at that link sounds like allot of faculties will be making use of the building and facilities. Most notable TP.

Speaking of TP drop out rate was 20% by christmas in first year, last year.

Dizz wrote:
    Tho with the trinity ball it was always formal wear

I knew that now, I'm not that bad lol. Tents, sounds like a bit of craic lol ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

lasts years (2004) was deadly, dont remeber much tho....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Am I not right in thinking that last year's trinity ball was the last?

Kappar wrote:

nooooooo! when i finally get into TCD they have no more trinners ball!? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Kappar wrote:

They say that every year. But there was some insurance issues last year due to some assholes locking a guy in a portoloo the year before, and knocking it over with yer man inside.

oh no, i really hope that they're just saying it. you've no idea how long i've wanted to go to that damn thing for!

• Advertisement

John2 wrote:
    you's sound like the advanced materials lot when ye bring up sniam...

it say 3,500sq m of it is for neuroscience, not it all. And of that 3,500sq m as a fresher u get to use none...its for research, so postgrads and staff only ;)

Advertisement