Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU Computer Applications!! Any1 doing it?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Jiggy wrote: »
    Im doing C.A !
    Finally woop

Ill be easily recognized by glasses and my mop hair and maybe a humorous t-shirt :D

Just wondering if the old Macbook i use is fine for the course ?
    Its nothing fancy and a basic enough model (cause I had to pay)

Its uses Version 10.4.11 Mac OS X

same boat. Computer Apps, Macbook, get slagged by my pc loving friends :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jiggy

same boat. Computer Apps, Macbook, get slagged by my pc loving friends :pac:

I got mine simply for the fact no one in my family can use one so I never have to worry about leaving it lying about.

I was just wondering,since I've got time to kill, is there anything I could read up on or get used to using in order to help with the course ?

Also a kinda general DCU question , whats the game society like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Jiggy wrote: »
    I got mine simply for the fact no one in my family can use one so I never have to worry about leaving it lying about.

I was just wondering,since I've got time to kill, is there anything I could read up on or get used to using in order to help with the course ?

Also a kinda general DCU question , whats the game society like ?

I wouldn't bother reading anything to do with the course, you gotta remember that it's designed to set up so that those who have absolutely no experience in computers will be able to know whats going on in a few weeks time or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Stephen_M14

Draupnir wrote: »
    Im in Halengers class, who posted here already. That is, we are both going into fourth year CA. Dont worry about first year maths, that "you need to do higher" crap is just that, crap.

The maths is grand enough, very simple set theory, probability and that kind of thing. The lectures are boring as hell so it seems tough from the but the exams are easy peasy. If anyone is interested, send me a PM and I can dig out some electronic copies of old first year maths papers you can look at.

The course is really good crack if a tad boring at times. Some of the subjects are a little pointless aswell, but if you choose wisely, you will really enjoy the degree.

Join redbrick so that you can randomly message people if for no other reason, oh and play the mud, if it returns of course.

All in All, CA is good crack, anyone with any more specific questions or requests, PM me and Ill be happy to help out.
    Helpful post, would love more info.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,156 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Please don't drag up old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement