Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love! Love! Love!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

oooh oooh oooh!!! i love muireann!!!!!!!!

don't diss lads your own age. cos that's ageism, and it's just plain wrong. and you're gonna realise all the best ones are like a year older than you, that's all.

QUOTE]

Yeah Right, 13 year old guys are sooooooooooooooo hot and sooooooooo much fun :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

oooh oooh oooh!!! i love muireann!!!!!!!!

don't diss lads your own age. cos that's ageism, and it's just plain wrong. and you're gonna realise all the best ones are like a year older than you, that's all.

Yeah Right, 13 year old guys are sooooooooooooooo hot and sooooooooo much fun :rolleyes:

I see what you mean, 13 year old guys tend to be quite immature. they're not so bad once they're 15 or 16 though. ( to a certain extent...)
    I prefer guys slightly older than me, just not a huge gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Personally I can't classify people like that. You either like someone or you don't and you take them as they are. It's the same with things like height and weight. Why bother? This whole idea that people have that they're goignt o have to be better looking or change or whatever before they're right for someone. If you have to do that then they're not right for you.

Personally I can't classify people like that. You either like someone or you don't and you take them as they are. It's the same with things like height and weight. Why bother? This whole idea that people have that they're goignt o have to be better looking or change or whatever before they're right for someone. If you have to do that then they're not right for you.

You are, of course, absolutely right.

I'm not the type to judge by looks, etc. If I like the guy, then I like him regardless of his weight/height/etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Having said that, don't you think that you'd more likely be attracted to someone of traditionaly handsome specs.? I'm not saying anyone's shallow, it's a biological thing, human nature-and-what-not.

I mean it's entirely possible I could fall in love with someone who is over weight and tiny, but I'd have to really discover the person's great personality, and so it's much more likely that I'd end up with someone I'm physicaly attracted to at sight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

heres how it works for (most) guys:
    You meet them for looks, you go out with them for personality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

True...true.

Having said that, don't you think that you'd more likely be attracted to someone of traditionaly handsome specs.? I'm not saying anyone's shallow, it's a biological thing, human nature-and-what-not.

I mean it's entirely possible I could fall in love with someone who is over weight and tiny, but I'd have to really discover the person's great personality, and so it's much more likely that I'd end up with someone I'm physicaly attracted to at sight.

I was gonna say that and I forgot, you notice looks first. but personality keeps you interested(similar to what mr pinkpimp said).

Actually I don't really notice looks as much as I used to. I just don't care anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

w00t! Apathy!

• Advertisement

stop it all of you with your points being so relevant I have to agree! ;)

ok, my own thoughts on this.
    I dont go for the conventionally good looking "pretty" guys really. The only thing about looks I notice are eyes. They're most important...you can tell a lot about a person by their eyes.
    and personality, well I wouldnt go for a good looking guy if he was personality free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Bull**** man, I remember certain conversations from last year about certain people you had been interested in....I'll leave it there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭incredula pert

You can't say that you either go for looks or personality, thats just ridiculous. It depends on the person, and whether or not your ATTRACTED to them. If you look back at all the people you have liked, there will be varying degrees of 'good looks' and there will be varying degrees of 'good personality'- but at the time you liked them for reasons you can't seem to find now. You can't put it down to one or the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Ya, tis always a mix between looks and personality, you might have to compromise one to get the other....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

I see what you mean, 13 year old guys tend to be quite immature. they're not so bad once they're 15 or 16 though.

i have have found that 15/16 year olds can be extremely immature.
    but i agree immature hyper 13 year olds get on my tits, if i had the chance, id kick the ****e out of me as a 13 year old, im now at a certain level of immaturity and a wish to stay there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

see, the thing about me is i'd fall in love* with the whole world, as long as they don't piss me off. but a lotta people piss me off.

*and i use the term loosely

Raphael wrote:
    Bull**** man, I remember certain conversations from last year about certain people you had been interested in....I'll leave it there

Aonghus, almost every ****ed up piece of **** that's happened to me in my life has happened in the past year. I've changed completely. I now despise the person I was last year. I described my outlook as it is now.

You can't say that you either go for looks or personality, thats just ridiculous. It depends on the person, and whether or not your ATTRACTED to them. If you look back at all the people you have liked, there will be varying degrees of 'good looks' and there will be varying degrees of 'good personality'- but at the time you liked them for reasons you can't seem to find now. You can't put it down to one or the other.

*Agrees whole heartedly* How right can you be?

On an unrelated note, I'd like to apologise to certain people (they know who they are, one inparticular) for fuc.king you about. It really wasnt my intention for certain things to happen. My feelings about certain things & certain people changed pretty fast. Sometimes in a day. So I'm sorry. If things were different we could've had some, nay, lots of fun. But certain things, namely feelings (DAMN THEM), got in the way. So there it is, I'm sorry.

p.s. the whole thing that happened at the first disco (if you dont know, dont ask. If you think you do, you definitely do) was down to DSB. DAMN THAT FAST.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Sunstorm

I'm officially stark raving bonkers about a girl in my year 12 months tomorrown. Yay for being a chicken!

• Advertisement

Sunstorm wrote:
    I'm officially stark raving bonkers about a girl in my year 12 months tomorrown. Yay for being a chicken!

your anniversary, eh? ;)
    you should do something about that chickenness though, it'll get you nowhere..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Sunstorm

your anniversary, eh? ;)
    you should do something about that chickenness though, it'll get you nowhere..... :)

Yeah, but I've ALWAYS been a chicken in everything. If I started being brave I'd be sent to the loony bin.

Sunstorm wrote:
    Yeah, but I've ALWAYS been a chicken in everything. If I started being brave I'd be sent to the loony bin.

oh, well that makes sense. I think.

not as bad as the three year crush i had on my mates(well, not exactly a mate.) sister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭incredula pert

oh come on, lets stop feeling sorry for ourselves! we've all had crushes that have lasted a long time!

Who's feeling sorry for themself? I ended up scoring her. Thats why hes not a mate anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

almost every ****ed up piece of **** that's happened to me in my life has happened in the past year. I've changed completely. I now despise the person I was last year.

that is the exact same situation im in.
    i absoloutly hate what i used to be like and now im completely different to the person was last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Hate it or not... we are each a culmination of our past actions and experiences so don't hate the past as you can't change it.

The future is nothing, but the past is myself, my own history, the seed of my present thoughts, the mould of my present disposition.
    Essays of the Road R.L. Stevenson

p.s. pinkpimp; another quote, this time from one half of the best pair of RAs to ever set foot in CTYI: bros before hos. (The RA in quesiton being Tara Feehan.)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

hehe...dude meeting your mates sister, thats low :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

:)

Advertisement