Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love! Love! Love!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Hmmmm.... Well I can see this as been a very loving converation.

I love that picture of Einstein with his tongue out. If anyone has any info on it's context I'd loooooove to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

From what i know about Einstein im willing to bet that it was completely random.
    He would have been the perfect CTYIzen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

well they are many different theories ive heard bout einstein and his shenanogans.and ill probably never know which 1 is true.

But i heard it was his wifes work.And she was the genuis.But couldnt say she did it as women were classed badly then and so let einstein get all the credit, and that he was also stupid also.

Just a theory i heard.

well they are many different theories ive heard bout einstein and his shenanogans.and ill probably never know which 1 is true.

But i heard it was his wifes work.And she was the genuis.But couldnt say she did it as women were classed badly then and no one would believe her and take notice of it, so let einstein get all the credit, and also that he was also stupid.

Just a theory i heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

behind every great man.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

But i heard it was his wifes work.And she was the genuis.But couldnt say she did it as women were classed badly then and no one would believe her and take notice of it, so let einstein get all the credit, and also that he was also stupid.

Just a theory i heard.
    Did you by any chance hear any proof of it? Or did someone just say it?

Hey lads, I heard all of Einsteins ideas were given to him by his cat, who was a reincarnation of Newton....It just a theory though...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Family Guy had the greateat reasons for Einstein's theories. He worked in the patent office....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I heard that story about it actually all being the wife but with some random industrial revolution inventer instead of Einstein.

why is it every time someone does anything well all these conspiracy theories turn up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

My old applied maths teacher had a theory that Pythagoras's theorem was actually nicked by Pythagoras, from one of his students. Unsuprisingly, history has not recorded the name of the wronged student

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Any maths text I've read says pretty much the same thing, after Pythagoras set up his school of maths he stole theorems and proofs from students regularly and if they got uppity about it, they were put to death. See especially, Fermat's Last Theorem.

all im saying is that i just heard it.Sorry if i referred to it as a theory.I sincerely hope u accept my humble apologies. :D

Would that have anything to do with the word LAST as he was killed after he stole the theory?*shrugs soldiers*

Looks like we will never know whether these people were truely genuis'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

*shrugs soldiers*.
    haha, two guys in the fca post one after the other and forde says ''shrugs soldiers''

Couldnt have planned that

The post-session spamathon will continue at it's current rate for approximately another month, at which point it will slowly die out. In 2 to 3 months from now, there will be little to no posting on the board. In approximately 6 months from now, the board will be only threads about how much CTYI has changed, personal abuse (most likely involving the mods), and old injokes. It will continue like this for another 4 months or so, after which there will be the "OMFG CTYI IS LIKE STARTING SO SOON, AND I'M SOOOOOOOOO EXCITED ABOUT IT" threads, with the obligatory "Bah, humbug" contributions from the nevermores. The board will continue like this until CTYI starts. During CTYI, there will be a small amount of posting (smaller than previous years, due to the staff monitoring the board, and confiscating PCs), until the end of S2, when we will be right back to the current state.

Such is the circle of spam

I'm thinkin' we're right on track. :(

well sure lets enjoy it while we can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

My old applied maths teacher had a theory that Pythagoras's theorem was actually nicked by Pythagoras, from one of his students. Unsuprisingly, history has not recorded the name of the wronged student

Geometry is a lie. it only woks on small areas. The world is a curved surface, so we're wasting our time. For example, draw a perfect right angle on a balloon, and inflate it. Still a right angle? NO!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

oh my god, your a mathematical genius, im gonna write that down on my leavin cert and its a guaranteed 100 points

TELL YOUR TEACHERS!!!!!!
    (they'll cry)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

pinkpimp wrote:
    Geometry is a lie. it only woks on small areas. The world is a curved surface, so we're wasting our time. For example, draw a perfect right angle on a balloon, and inflate it. Still a right angle? NO!!
    Such lies. There is a large scale application (I think you can guess what it is), and the errors caused by the trignometry being slightly wrong are tiny in comparison to other errors. Y'know, silly things like air resistance, and the earth moving under the shell

This I know. Still...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

At the risk of seeming like an idiot - no, wait, at the risk of sounding like an even bigger idiot- what's the FCA.

At the risk of seeming like an idiot - no, wait, at the risk of sounding like an even bigger idiot- what's the FCA.

was that a question?
    (note the questionmark)

Stop Right There

No way is this moving on to a puncuation argument! I think punctuation is important sure. Extremely important. Yet, I don't want such an argument ruining this thread. There boring and go nowhere (I think we all agree on that). So leave it guys.

Thanks alot Jim. :D

pinkpimp wrote:
    was that a question?
    (note the questionmark)

I'm inexplicably sorry. I'll never do it again, I swear.

Look, I'll put in now:

?
    Also, I agree wholeheartedly with Kev. And What is the FCA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭abraham lincoln

an excuse for a reserve defence force.

Stop Right There

No way is this moving on to a puncuation argument! I think punctuation is important sure. Extremely important. Yet, I don't want such an argument ruining this thread. There boring and go nowhere (I think we all agree on that). So leave it guys.

Thanks alot Jim. :D

Ok Kev, you're the boss, sorry. I was just bored at the time.
    And Jim, itwas very gracious of you to concede defeat, I would like to join in the glory and also concede defeat, making us on a par of both being twats. Go us!

Indeed!

*sighs and goes all misty-eyed as he wishes all arguements could end like they do at CTYI*

http://www.lovecalculator.com/

Go ahead try it. The tests after it are quite good too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

On A completely unrelated note to love, but not completely unrelated to tests, this is a thing called the political compass. You take a test to assert your political, social and economic views and your results are shown on compass/axis thingery. Check it out here: http://www.digitalronin.f2s.com/politicalcompass/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

http://www.lovecalculator.com/

Go ahead try it. The tests after it are quite good too. :D
    Did anyone else notice the scores with sheep are always really high?

Not that I was checking...

That political compass thing is interesting but last I checked I think it was different to the normal political thing in the left right spectrum... so it confused me no end.

Advertisement