Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scariest opponent?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Twistedlilkitty

Creature wrote:
    The Tyrant from Resident Evil 2, the big bald sone of a bitch in the long coat now that was scary. The thing is he didn't look threatening and didn't kill you in the usual monster manner i.e. eat you rather it just beats you to death with its huge fists. It was just the suddenness of his appearance that got the nerves going.

when he came through the wall....oh god....brown trousers kids. The thing that got me about him was the fact that no matter how much ammo you put into the bugger he kept coming, slowly towards you in a mac, kinda like that uncle yr parents tell you not to go near....
    The lickers also get my vote!!with the licking and the drooling....
    Actually zombies, zombies scare me unless i have an enhanced shot gun lots of shells and a clear head shot :D ....except the zombies ate my neighbours zombies...
    also ghosts...so project zero scares me too.... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

No game since RE1 and 2 has scared me nearly as much as Doom 3 is at the moment, those 3 games are the scariest Ive ever played. I thought RE1 was far scarier than 2 for some reason. Just the originality of the game at the time I spose.
    All the monsters in Doom 3 are so feckin real it scares the **** out of ye.

the only thing scary about RE1 was the acting....
    "what is it barry?"
    "its blood gill"

of course its blood ya stupid bint!!!

ahhh "itchy tasty"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Having played only a little bit of Doom3 I can say it's one of the scariest games I've played.

The game that most freaked me was shadowman on the PC. Far into the game you come across creatures that are a torso, two arms(which they use to walk) and two head. The head keep whispering "shadowman, shadowman" and it really put the ****s right up me.

Also UFO: Enemy unknown, I know it is turn based, but in a darkened room playing with no other noises, when aliens pops up and shoots one of your guys, it really get you, and the music adds so much to it. Terror from the deep was hella scary too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

"what is it barry?"
    "its blood gill"

of course its blood ya stupid bint!!!

ahhh "itchy tasty"

Ahh the acting was dire alright, but when yer 12 with the lights off, playin that game with the sound up was bleedin terrifyin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

"what is it barry?"
    "its blood gill"

"That was close ... You were almost a Gill sandwich!"

Barry, what a guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

"That was close ... You were almost a Gill sandwich!"

Barry, what a guy.
    i wouldnt mind bein the meat in a Jill sandwich...*L*

Deadwing wrote:
    i wouldnt mind bein the meat in a Jill sandwich...*L*

Ah but do you think you could compete with the foxiness that was the BAZ MAN.....That bit at the start, the live action part....Barry was such a wet knicker moment...

speaking of scariness in computer games...two words....
    Weskers Hair...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

:eek:

Anyway, scariest for me remains big ass freaking Mr. X in RE2, sheerly for shock "Jesus-Christ-this-is-a-safe-area!" value or maybe the walking hands-in-jumper things in Silent Hill 2. Stupid Silent Hill. Messed me up bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

luckat wrote:
    Not a gamer; what's the scariest, umm, monster or bad guy, in any game ever made, please, and what does it/he/she do? Not looking for joke answers, thanks.

Single white gamer seeks non-humourous answer to off repeated question?

Sorry pal, wrong forum :)

On the other hand:
    The Cast of Doom 3. **** them all with the jumping out of places malarky!
    Face huggers in Hl2.
    Face huggers in Duke Nukem 3d.
    Face huggers in Alien V Predator.

I'm pretty much against anything that wants to hug my face against my will. That includes most of you.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Half Life - That fcuking head crab in the vent system that jumps at you from the right. Every single time, it jumps, hits me and i end up blowing it away with the biggest gun i can muster. normally two shells worth of shotgun hatred.

Anyone play The Suffering? some of those baddies make me jump too in the right circumstances.
    And yea, playing as a marine in AvP 1 and 2 normally warrented some jumpyness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jared almasy

those bloody arms in resident evil 2 always cultivate a bit of trouser curry with me, oh yeh all the bad guys in clock tower 3 especially the shower unit man. although its funny watching alyssa (the main character) freaking out

Advertisement