Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBay! so funny...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Your a lying BAST*RD , you said it was in GOOD COND IN BOX why would a empty box be in a box:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by knife_fighter
    Your a lying BAST*RD , you said it was in GOOD COND IN BOX why would a empty box be in a box:mad:

i wouldnt send just the x-box box. id put the x-box box in another box, so the postman wouldnt be tempted to open it up etc, or them to see what was being sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

to protect the box... it's valuable y'know... someone paid good money for it..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

If you are selling something you dont say wraped in buble wrap , do you:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

If you are selling something you dont say wraped in buble wrap , do you:confused:
    no, you say its in a box, as new.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

If the buyer has, by his emails subsequent to the purchase, acted the twit, you cannot dignify this behaviour by acceding to his request for a refund.

However, if, as you say, you would have been happy to refund him prior to this sequence of outrageous emails, then donate half the profit to a charity of your choice.

Your assertion of noble intentions will no longer ring hollow; if he asks for the money you can justifiably say that it has been given to a noble cause and so is no longer available to be refunded to him; you profit by half the money taken; and the nay-sayers on this thread should be pacified by the gesture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Gimpy, you've had your fun. I don't blame the buyer for his profanities. GIVE HIM BACK HIS MONEY! Just do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

If somebodys that stupid they deserve to be ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

what bull**** gimpy.
    if he would have said, the box was empty ? you actually think you would have given the money back ? if so DO you think he payed 180 for the box , just the box ? Did you expect him to be all merry about it ?
    ______
    hey man
    wassup,
    hows it going, pleasure doin business with ya.
    Just a little problem here,
    the box is , eh.... well empty.
    dont mean to be too much bother but do u mind sending my money back ?
    ______

when the guy got the empty box, he knew you ripped him off and he knew the chances of person ripping him off in the first place to send the money were SLIM TO NONE so you cant hold him being ABUSIVE.
    without some gimp ripping you off

read that gimpy and dont excuse the pun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Why doesnt the buyer just re-sell the box, with the same description, if he doesnt get his money back?

thats what i'd do, pass the box on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Commissar

Originally posted by dahamsta
    I imagine you wouldn't be bothered your arse coming here to post about it either gimpy. Don't mind these other langers, they wouldn't know real humour if it came up and bit them on the arse. And seriously, give the dumbass back his money now. Not only will you be doing the right thing, you'll prove these muppets wrong into the bargain.

adam

You are a moron. Keep your sweeping generalisations to yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

phrasing what dahamsta said a little better. Its funny in the sense that you got some idiot to pay 180 euro for a box. It stopped being funny imo when you kept that money. As dahamsta said, you should give the money back. Keeping it makes you a scammer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rainer

Soooooooooooooooo funny!!!!hahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Here's the website about the powerbook scam (scamming the scammer!!!)

http://personal.stevens.edu/~achadzyn/powerbook/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Originally posted by Commissar
    You are a moron. Keep your sweeping generalisations to yourself.

aye. i hate people who make sweeping generalisations.

as someone pointed out, why not try re-selling the box with the same desciption? He wasn't the only bidder...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

people who make sweeping generalisations should save up for a hoover

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I'm really sorry for digging up an old thread

BUT!!!!! i was poking around ebay (i love that word...poking) and i noticed this:

one

two

three

now i at first thought (ahhh someone is trying to do the same stunt as gimpy) but entering each auction i noticed they ALL have the exact same auction message. The message GIMPY used for his auction...hmmm

this *i believe* is either someone really stupid copying gimpy and just did a word for word copy OR...gimpy B*ll****ed everyone and is in fact a jerk...

i leave this evidence in the hands of the court

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by gimpy
    Hi. Im the guy that sold the box.

Incase your wondering 2 days after he paid he realised his mistake and asked for a refund, I would have given him it if he had been polite, but he emailed me with more abuse than you could belive, so I thought screw it.

Funny but, as the buyer said you incorrectly marked your bidding when you put in the details ...
    Item Specifics - Video Game Systems
    Platform: Microsoft Xbox Bundled Items: --
    Condition: New In Box Format: PAL (UK Standard)

When it is clearly a box. So not only should you refund him you better do it fast before he has the cops onto you. Also check up a little. The guy who posted the original "PS2 Box" actually got in trouble for the scam.

Hobbes

i think the excuse he gave for that is he had to put something there or else it wouldnt be accepted, personnally i've never sold anything on ebay (one of my many faults, no sell 2nd hand stuff) so i wouldnt know 1st hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Ted_striker

[
    BUT!!!!! i was poking around ebay (i love that word...poking) and i noticed this:
    one

If ya take a look at this sellers ( m.robinson30 ) feedback it says "metalbadgeman"has already bought one of these boxes for £79.50 and his feedback left says "A1 e-bayer!!! Top drawer! " .Could this be a little scam goin down ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

gimpy has done nothing wrong. People sell xbox boxes on ebay all the time!
    What about those who got an xbox and want to sell it but they've lost the box. We all know 2nd hand goods sell better when they're in their original box.

He *very clearly* stated it was a BOX, not the CONSOLE. He 100% deserves the money he got for it, and the guy who won it is obviously thick as pigsh*t or hasn't got much English. Don't refund him!

Also, he had the item in the correct section. Ebay isn't so specific it has a section for console boxes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Ted_striker

I dont agree with you Etho what this boils down to is if you get a chance to take easy money of somebody whether they are as thick as pigsh*t or not do you take it or tell the guy to keep his money and wise up personally i wouldnt have taken this guys money fine he caught him out have a laugh but dont take his money

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by BlitzKrieg
    Hobbes

i think the excuse he gave for that is he had to put something there or else it wouldnt be accepted, personnally i've never sold anything on ebay (one of my many faults, no sell 2nd hand stuff) so i wouldnt know 1st hand.

He could use that as an excuse but the Cops won't buy it. It is so blantly a scam.

i dug up this thread because i thought i found a new angle on this whole debate (which as you can see went into stalemate a couple of 100 pages back...

and we return to the original argument despite this new evidence.

We have numerous 'XBOX BOX' scam auctions on EBAY, with same jokes etc. BUT gimpy told us this was a 'one time' gag auction to prove he can sell anything.

Either now...These people are really stupid. (And in all fairness i dont think they are,) And are hoping to pull of the same success as gimpy.

OR

It is a series of scams running on the stupidity of first time buyers coming in on the last minutes of a bid or something similar. As Ted pointed out these people buy from each other.

Whats to stop one person with numerous accounts to bid on his own product over and over until its at a high price, in pops an idiot who see's X-BOX, RARE, 100 or so quid. Thinks, its over a 100 so it cant be a scam, and the buyer has good rep. and cause it is like 15min till closes he goes MUST HAVE and messes himself up.

EBAY cant p*ss on gimpy and co because they stated that its a box. And if anyone goes at them for being scammers etc, they laugh it off with a, it was only a gag idea...(which it seems has worked)

well thats my conspiracy theory...and if it is not what they did...well **** i'm gonna do it...

Originally posted by Hobbes
    He could use that as an excuse but the Cops won't buy it. It is so blantly a scam.

It's not a scam! He plainly stated it was a box and NOT a console.
    The guy is an idiot paying that money even if it was an xbox console as you can get them brand new for about £120 anyway!

Don't refund him. People seem to forget that when you win an auction on ebay it is legally binding!

Originally posted by Hobbes

erm, the police never go near ebay. Anyone who's been 'ripped off' on ebay must pursue it with a civil case.

see like i said...stalemate.

Eth0, i know he blatanly said it. But can you please comment on the strange occurance of this auction reappering over and over again on EBAY?

Originally posted by BlitzKrieg
    see like i said...stalemate.

Eth0, i know he blatanly said it. But can you please comment on the strange occurance of this auction reappering over and over again on EBAY?

There are a lot of idiots on ebay. There are probably also a lot of geeks who just want to collect xbox boxes. I don't know. I've never given it much though tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

ARGH! Why won't you leave this thread to die. Alright so a guy paid an extortionate price for a box, get over it already, JEEZ!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gimpy

Hi again. I jsut wanna say I have nothing to do with the other xbox box auctions that have appeared on ebay. People have jsut copied my auction word for word. I even posted on my gamefaqs thread when I found out laughing about it. I find it funny that as well as using the idea to sell the xbox box they have all copied my auction word for word.

Im not stupid, IF I sold another box, I would make sure I put it in a different more suitable catagory (even though I felt mine was fine) since thats the only part of my auction people ever complained about.

Advertisement