Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBay! so funny...

Options
  • 11-05-2004 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

this was spammed in an irc channel im in and it made me wet myself! I couldnt believe someone was so dumb and slow as to actually bid for it!

If you check the comments, the chap that bought it later posted...

THIS

That is class! The first i've seen on eBay, and i think its hillarious... although i wouldnt if it happened to me.. but it didnt! so hahaha

reD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

ROFL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Poor bastard !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Originally posted by Tusky
    Poor bastard !

replace 'Poor' with 'Dumb'

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I think the words "Clearly Stated" should be stamped into this man's forehead.

Moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

ah bless him...

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Ranks right up there with the ebay sale of a nice picture of a PS2 a few years ago.

This one was even more specific that what was on offer was in fact a box.

Kudos to the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

lmfao, what a twit, £120 for a box
    *cracks up*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Cant believe someone fell for that. Poor guy lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

funniest thing iv seen in a long time heh :) dumb ****

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

lol! poor fool...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

poor guy, i didnt get it at first cause i didnt read it properly.
    scabby !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

lol, poor dumb sod

i got an xbox box for sale, 2 missing controllers 5 games cases and guarenteed no mod chip fitted. open to offers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

omfg that is freakin hilarious...had me laughing for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I'll give you nothing and a threat note for that mukki, heh. :D

Poor dumb fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

It's not just 1 dumb ****, it's 10! 9 other idiots bid for it! Diddn't realise their where that many people online who can't read:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

supoib!!

what a fool, deserves to lose that much money for not reading what he was buying

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

How could anyone be that stupid????????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Did he honestly think there was an X-box with a crystal case. I mean, if you are gonna spend that kinda money, email the seller, or at least read the blurb! Must keep boxes...you can make money on them apparently :)

/me goes off to sell magic beans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

there is a limited edition crystal style xbox, hedgetrimmer.
    little more than an xbox with clear casing...

i feel sorry for the poor fool that bought the box:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

ROFL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

what does the term "new in box" mean? I reckon it means that there is something new in the box...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭IDM

Hehehe. What a muppet.

Something I just noticed that nobody else commented on ... He even had a reserve on the 'box' ! That makes the seller twice as conniving ... If he was actually just expecting to get a few quid for box why would he bother with a reserve ? I reckon the seller knew that some dumba$$ would fall for it.

I wonder if Ebay'll do anything about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Why should Ebay do anything about it, it says quite clearly that it is an Xbox box for sale, and "Use it to impress your friends by making them think you have a spiffing brand new crystal xbox".
    Anyone who bids either didn't read the sale properly, want's to buy an empty cardboard box for £115, or is just plain stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

...stupid is as stupid does... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gimpy

Hi. Im the guy that sold the box.

Incase your wondering 2 days after he paid he realised his mistake and asked for a refund, I would have given him it if he had been polite, but he emailed me with more abuse than you could belive, so I thought screw it.

Then he requested mediation from ebay (also including in the mediation notice a lot more abuse) Thing is he messed up again, on the mediation request he said he`d be happy to get a full refund or have the transaction carried out completly. Since I had sent the box and he had paid it was done. Ebay emailed me saying that his mediation request had been denied.

Also, I did get about 30 - 40 emails from people during the auction saying "is this jsut for a box" I replied to each one honestly and said yes. I even got 2 or 3 asking which dvd drive was in the xbox, I told them it was just for the box too.

Oh and about the reserve, it was set at £30, purely for the reason the auction was put up as a joke after discussing with my friend how you can sell anything on ebay, and since the post office is far away from my house I couldnt be bother to walk that far, so I put the reserve at something I never thought it would reach. I got prooved wrong :p

And thats the story, hope you enjoyed my auction :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭skittishkitten

How Funny . The guy got what he deserves. He should have been more polite. It's why I ALWAYS read ebay auctions VERY closely .....often have reread some of them several times to figure out what I'm missing, especially if it's something I REALLY want and it seems to good to be true. Amazing how your mind can skip over important parts in your excitement. The fact that he misread the auction is no cause for rudeness. I clearly understood it was just for the box by the end of the auction description.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

What a cabbage...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

he got what he bidded for tbh.

what a pillock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I got a lot of boxes, PC stuff and XBOX as well. I wonder whether he wants to buy them :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭IDM

I believe ya, Gimpy. It all makes sense now, hehe. Very very amusing. Thanks for that.

Advertisement